The Galactic Darth Maul Players Discussion

AimingForGaming
334 posts Member
edited October 2016
latest?cb=20110226022343

Darth Maul. Assassin. Sith. Legend.

As one of the most revered and popular characters in the SW universe, it's a darn shame to see him not getting the love that my (and yours, too) favorite Dathomirian Zabrak deserves, in game, in the movies, or even just on the forums.

So, here's the place for discussion of DM, should you so choose to respond.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    wYalSgg.jpg
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people like Darth Maul so much? He's like Boba Fett or Phasma. He shows up, looks cool, has one or two lines of dialogue, then dies. He doesn't do anything
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Why do people like Darth Maul so much? He's like Boba Fett or Phasma. He shows up, looks cool, has one or two lines of dialogue, then dies. He doesn't do anything
    EU and the clone wars cartoon clone-wars-maul-1280jpg-e97b0c_1280w.jpg
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4
    My fav lightsaber battle in all of star wars
  • Options
    Can we stop with the Galactic thread titles. I mean it was cool for the empire, but this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Can we stop with the Galactic thread titles. I mean it was cool for the empire, but this is ridiculous.
    The galactic "stop galactic player thread" thread
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    wYalSgg.jpg

eca092a46bb66f7c24487d21259d7635.png
  • Options
    Probably the answer is have him synergize with Oppress. Maul hits hard but he's slow and squishy. Oppress is sturdy and can be fast, but hits like a wet noodle (that oneshot is useless).
    They have what the other is missing. Pretty obvious synergy imo.
  • Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Probably the answer is have him synergize with Oppress. Maul hits hard but he's slow and squishy. Oppress is sturdy and can be fast, but hits like a wet noodle (that oneshot is useless).
    They have what the other is missing. Pretty obvious synergy imo.

Good idea, a rework would be nice.
  • Options

Who cares, he can still be my favorite character. I don't like having my favorite be the "main characters" because that's where majority of people get their favorite characters. When i saw Darth Maul he was the coolest (to me) and instantly became my favorite. I don't need reasoning why. He will always be my number 1 Star Wars character and i cannot wait until he is FTP in this game because he will be my best character forever and always!

• Options

Why do people like main characters so much? They have a bunch of pointless dialogue, have a bunch of unrealistic standards, unrealistic plot armor, and tons of flaws.
  • Options
    True story. I once met and trained with Ray Park, the actor who played Darth Maul. When filming EpI he apparently tried to spruce up his climactic fight scene as he felt he was being woefully underused, given his ability. Everyone loved it but someone up high decided to keep it simpler and change his costume to be more 'flowy' so that the bland techniques in the original choreography would look better... Just when you didn't think it was possible to hate EpI any more.

'Woefully underused'. This is the story of Darth Maul... and I have made my peace.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    True story. I once met and trained with Ray Park, the actor who played Darth Maul. When filming EpI he apparently tried to spruce up his climactic fight scene as he felt he was being woefully underused, given his ability. Everyone loved it but someone up high decided to keep it simpler and change his costume to be more 'flowy' so that the bland techniques in the original choreography would look better... Just when you didn't think it was possible to hate EpI any more.

'Woefully underused'. This is the story of Darth Maul... and I have made my peace.

Lucky you, then. I'm hoping I get the chance to meet him one day. But, the woefully underused rings oh so terribly true. If only they reworked him to have a pair with Savage, or at least made him farmable.