Stop The Press!

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    @Rheen that is a tough start but with your team loadout it looks like that what you will be doing to most other teams.
    Instead of trying to stun Poe when you know he has increased Tenacity, why not stun QGJ who you know is going to go next and call an ally.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    I beat a 7 star Poe today but it was llluuuckkkyy.... His sid went, then poe, then my poe and then my sid. Then I cleaned up afterwards (it was close) though

Don't you have a level 70 kick **** lineup though? That's the point I keep making, if you want to beat the best you have to have the best. I'll never expect to beat somebody who's spent thousands on the game when I've spent only £40 and to me that's only right, those who pay the money to keep the game going should have "premium" heroes. I'm happy enough finishing top 5 in squad arena each day, but the guy who's usually first on my server runs a team that I know I can't beat right now.

My lineup is pretty good, but beating a Poe that goes first is very very very hard, even with a good lineup.

• Barrok wrote: »
    I beat a 7 star Poe today but it was llluuuckkkyy.... His sid went, then poe, then my poe and then my sid. Then I cleaned up afterwards (it was close) though

Don't you have a level 70 kick **** lineup though? That's the point I keep making, if you want to beat the best you have to have the best. I'll never expect to beat somebody who's spent thousands on the game when I've spent only £40 and to me that's only right, those who pay the money to keep the game going should have "premium" heroes. I'm happy enough finishing top 5 in squad arena each day, but the guy who's usually first on my server runs a team that I know I can't beat right now.

My lineup is pretty good, but beating a Poe that goes first is very very very hard, even with a good lineup.

I guess it depends on what lineup he's in. I beat the team he was in with relative ease even with his team going first. Sure with his buffs and detrimental effects 3 of my heroes were down to yellow before I got a turn but my heroes are all relative hard hitters, so I managed to finish them off losing only one of my heroes.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

That's a noble train of thought. But as p2w I recognize the ceiling needs to be the same for everyone; even if the ceiling is glass due to the constantly evolving state of these games. But as soon as ftp realize it's never possible, no matter how long they grind, to reach that ceiling they bounce. Once the whales and p2w realize they're the only ones left at the party, they bounce too. My money should give me the advantage of speed at reaching the ceiling, not exclusivity to it.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member

I guess it depends on what lineup he's in. I beat the team he was in with relative ease even with his team going first. Sure with his buffs and detrimental effects 3 of my heroes were down to yellow before I got a turn but my heroes are all relative hard hitters, so I managed to finish them off losing only one of my heroes.

Well,ok, I will put it this way. Poe added to a team will make them better, but not guarantee a win.

Poe added to a fast/synergetic team (through high damage) can guarantee a win most of the time, even on defense.

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Thank you.
    Try it against Poe+Phasma+Leia+FOTP+Rey. Barring extraordinary luck, by the time you get to do anything, the match will be over.

You try really hard to make us think POE is WAY OP...Please go outside and do some exercise...1000+ post is really wow man...all you do only reply and open thread about POE for the past few days...
    Instead of trolling, why not provide some actual useful information, such as who was on the team you used, who was on the team you faced, and who got to go first.
    Nobody ever claimed that all Poe teams were unbeatable. That doesn't mean he isn't broken (and he most certainly is).

He got to go first and he was on a team with HK-47, IG-88, IG86 and Geo Soldier. My team consists of Boba (leader), Poggle, Sid, Luke and Geo Soldier.

Poe hiding a crap team cab be beaten. But hiding teams like this you are dead already unless with a mirror team:

image.jpg

• Today I beat a QGJ team with Poe (who went first) with my under starred but farmed (f2p) FO team with Poe. It's possible to win BUT in my case I was lucky to get an assist my first attack against Poe from FOTP that attacked 3 times (legit broken/bugged).

This happened again against the same team (his Poe went first) and QGJ and Leia wiped the floor with me before I could blink.

IMO Poe is only "OP" when compared to other tanks, not in terms of overall game balance. That is a separate issue that I hope gets addresses at some point, or maybe balances out at endgame. (Lvl 80 or however far CG currently has planned)
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    hi @Rogan_Ban84 @ZoloRunningstrider @Slewfoot
    i'm also in the same shard. i don't run poe, but i can beat tough teams with poe (rogan's) if i luck out and get my dooku stun off. otherwise, it's a loss.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    just lost to zolo's team when poe went first. i'll try it again with my last attempt in 10 minutes
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse wrote: »
    i'm also in the same shard. i don't run poe, but i can beat tough teams with poe (rogan's) if i luck out and get my dooku stun off. otherwise, it's a loss.

Sup man!
    Our shard is so polluted with Poe it's silly. I can't even think of a team in top 20 that I'm used to seeing that doesn't use him.

Im A Skyrunner, i cracked the top ten today but usually slip into the 30-40s overnight. nothing fancy with me, Phasma, Lumi, Sid, dooku, kylo. I can beat pretty much all teams that arent designed for massive fast damage. Zolo and Rogan are on my "do not play" list, lol.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    reizse wrote: »

Sup man!
    Our shard is so polluted with Poe it's silly. I can't even think of a team in top 20 that I'm used to seeing that doesn't use him.

i didn't invest in poe...which could be a mistake on my part. i thought foo's kit looked interesting with phasma, so i've got him at 5*. probably won't seriously use him until he's 6*. i'm hoping between him and dooku, i've got a 2/3 chance to either stun or use pinning shot against poe.

i'm not complaining nor making a judgement call on his status (OP, or whatever anyone wants to call it). i guess i'm neutral because my win rate is about 50% against poe teams and is mostly reliant on rng (which, really, should make me feel angsty). maybe i'm not seeing the real picture, or maybe i don't care. i just have fun win or lose and i guess my goal in a way is to find counters that don't rely on mirror teams.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    yup! just got owned when my dooku went first, but did not stun. by the 2nd round, i had 2 dead and zolo's team was still standing. end of the match was a dead poe and my entire team gone. am i mad? not really. none of it is under my control since rng is the deciding factor, unless they release a skill with 100% stun on a character with 150+ spd. until then, just learn to hit other teams or hope rng is in my favor
    mighty chlorians

Sup man!

i didn't invest in poe...which could be a mistake on my part. i thought foo's kit looked interesting with phasma, so i've got him at 5*. probably won't seriously use him until he's 6*. i'm hoping between him and dooku, i've got a 2/3 chance to either stun or use pinning shot against poe.

i'm not complaining nor making a judgement call on his status (OP, or whatever anyone wants to call it). i guess i'm neutral because my win rate is about 50% against poe teams and is mostly reliant on rng (which, really, should make me feel angsty). maybe i'm not seeing the real picture, or maybe i don't care. i just have fun win or lose and i guess my goal in a way is to find counters that don't rely on mirror teams.

FOO is really nice for knocking down any fast/high DPS toons. Use pinning shot and if the 70% prod goes of you can guaranteed blow them up before they get their first action. Not to mention his damage on his basic attack is silly. I have him at 6* and if he can attack while everyone has advantage (each toon with advantage boost this attack by 20%) it hits for over 5k, without criting, feels pretty great especially when he gets called in on an assist when your team has advantage.

Just getting Poe unlocked and geared is enough to benefit from him. His health/damage aren't nearly as important as getting into the top speed teir and being able to use his special. At least that's my experience
  • Do you guys know if Chewdonka quit? he was number 1 for a looooong time with a big $$$$ team but now he's in the 70s and still at level 60.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i haven't seen donka. i beat him once and held first for a brief time (not sniping hour) before he took it back.
    mighty chlorians
  • Slewfoot wrote: »

Im A Skyrunner, i cracked the top ten today but usually slip into the 30-40s overnight. nothing fancy with me, Phasma, Lumi, Sid, dooku, kylo. I can beat pretty much all teams that arent designed for massive fast damage. Zolo and Rogan are on my "do not play" list, lol.

I got a couple teams like that
    Slewfoot wrote: »

Aiden Skyrunner!.
    Hi, now it'd nice if there was a way everyone could communicate in game. Especially your allies.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member

hi aiden i see you in the top 20 regularly during my climb to 10 every day! i usually skip pano's team haha he's not top 1 right now cause rogan's hogging the spot.
    mighty chlorians
  • Looks like we all top 10'd today, nice job getting that number one from panobato, Rogan. That guys also on my do not play list, lol.

hi aiden i see you in the top 20 regularly during my climb to 10 every day! i usually skip pano's team haha he's not top 1 right now cause rogan's hogging the spot.

That spot belongs to me now! At least at 6 Pst it does.

It's interesting that their are so many different teams but none of them seem truly dominant. At least not in the way Chewdonka's Jedi team was pre Bariss nerf
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016

I got first spot after 6pm tho unfortunately. Tried to take zolo before 6pm but he was in battle.

That spot belongs to me now! At least at 6 Pst it does.

It's interesting that their are so many different teams but none of them seem truly dominant. At least not in the way Chewdonka's Jedi team was pre Bariss nerf

Ya I remember seeing chewdonka first everyday when I was Lvling up pre bariss nerf. I think he quit now. He's still 60 and ranked outside top 50.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Looks like we all top 10'd today, nice job getting that number one from panobato, Rogan. That guys also on my do not play list, lol.

Pano's team is real easy under 1 min if my poe goes first but I'll lose if his poe go first.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Sup man!

Just getting Poe unlocked and geared is enough to benefit from him. His health/damage aren't nearly as important as getting into the top speed teir and being able to use his special. At least that's my experience

This is exactly why poe is kind of OP, the fact a 4* "tank" can still be so useful at top lvl pvp says a lot. Most toons are not viable for pvp until at least 5*. Poe right now on a decent to good team is just tooo good because his tenacitt makes him hard to stun and his other abilities are too good.

Edit: people calling for other taunts to get their speed buffed as well, yea thats not necessarily the best idea
    Thank you.
    Try it against Poe+Phasma+Leia+FOTP+Rey. Barring extraordinary luck, by the time you get to do anything, the match will be over.

I hit that makeup in GW quite often but minus the Rey. It's sketchy but I get by with a prayer and a sacrifice to RNGeesus
  • Guys, chewy is better. Thats all
  • Yes, Poe teams can be hard to beat if you aren't running a Poe team yourself, or if RNG is not in your favor, or if you don't have stunners (or if their stun is resisted) - but that doesn't make him OP. OP would be if he is unbeatable. He is not. Can he be a match-changer? Yes - definitely. I have been on both sides of a match where Poe has either been my saving grace...or what did my team in. It happens. I have likewise been in matches where Phasma's multi-attack has been a nightmare - or where Sidious has been unhittable with his jedi dodge boost - or where IG-86 had a critical hit on an assist attack that wiped out a whole character's health bar - or where Daka and Dooku had a stun-fest on my team and I had 4 out of 5 team members stunned on the first turn.

It doesn't mean any of these characters are "broken" or "OP" - it means that they all have things they do well and that's their purpose in the game. FOTP has insane damage and good health, but I have still taken a 7* FOTP out before he even gets a turn many times. Poe has an annoying taunt, high speed and marking which can be a nightmare - but I've also faced him and had him mark no one on my team and worked around his taunt by hitting the opposing team with AOE attacks.

With the gear upgrade Poe is in the 'over 1,000' category - which means that he can go first and - if that happens - affect the turn meter of your whole team (assuming the AI uses his taunt move...which it does the majority of the time...but not always). If they have a lot of fast, high attack characters that can be crippling. That's the joy of RNG. There are also a fair number of other characters in that over 1,000 category - and any number of them can (based on RNG) take turns before Poe - either taking him out, stunning him, ability blocking him or taking out other threatening characters before Poe's turn even happens, making his taunt largely meaningless on the outcome of the match. That's not OP - that's RNG.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i've really got nothing against poe, even if i don't use him (mine is 3* from ios platform giveaway and i never bothered to star up or gear up). i recognize that his particular skills synergizes really well with certain team comps. it's up to the player base to break down that meta, if it's possible. the videos i've seen prove that it is possible, along with my own personal experience. losses are going to happen in arena. poe + x y z teams tend to make losing more common, but isn't that what meta is? once this meta is busted (and it will), we will move onto the next fotm and see people up in arms about it...it'll come in waves. the fun (and albeit frustrating part) is dismantling the meta.

where i see a problem is if absolutely no team comp pay or otherwise is thrown at poe + x y z team and all of them lose. this is not the case here. this is not mean to defend poe. by all rights, my first initial emotional response was 'WHAT NERF DIS OP DOOD,' which i internalized and never made public. after some time spent analyzing my losses, i came up with a team i thought could beat poe. it works about 50% of the time, which means i have room for improvement. if i can't improve, well, i'm still not at 0% wins, which is an indicator that i'm doing something right and let rng make the deciding factor once i put the team together
    mighty chlorians
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    i haven't seen donka. i beat him once and held first for a brief time (not sniping hour) before he took it back.
    I'm on same server and wandered the same seems chewdonka quit he was usually in 1st always I'm Zhil Axfow game generated name want to change it but don't know how I have been building a Poe to insert with my droid team Hk 47 lead ig 86 ig 88 geonosian soldier then Poe luminara in now read that team was beat easily am I wasting my time seems like it should work not bad with lumi in any insight would be appreciated.