Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456725
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Greetings,

Next week we will be increasing the level cap to 85. Our last level cap increase was on March 31st, 2016, and a number of players have been at level 80 since April. This will have given players 6 months to have reached the cap of level 80, geared up their characters, and expanded their roster.

With this level cap increase, characters will be able to reach new abilities and gear tiers. But wait, where does one obtain these new gear pieces? Well I’m glad you asked! Players will be able to obtain brand-new gear from the Tank Takedown Raid! The plan is to release the new Raid later in October shortly after the level cap increase.

But wait a second, wasn’t the Tank Takedown Raid announced back in July? Why did it take so long to release it?

The Raid was delayed to continue QA testing, polish the art, and much more. The biggest reason however is to allow Guilds to launch both The Pit and the Tank Takedown Raid simultaneously. Now, Guilds will earn two types of currency when completing their activities each day, one for each Raid. Previously, it wasn’t possible to launch both at the same time with the tools we had in place. Guilds would have had to choose between the two Raids, and the development team felt this would have caused some divide between their members. So now, no need to choose one or the other! You can launch both at the same time, they are completely separate with attempts and character refreshes.

So the new gear is great, but is there a new character to obtain in the new Raid?
There is indeed a new character for players to obtain, a fan favorite that is obtainable only by defeating the heroic difficulty of the Tank Takedown Raid.

Is there anything else we should know about the level cap increase or the new Raid?
  • Guilds will have both types of the new currency MAXED when the new Raid goes live. We will announce the exact date of the Raid as we get a little closer, but Guilds will definitely want to spend as much of their currency as they can instead of holding onto it.
  • Players will be able to earn rewards from The Pit and Take Takedown Raid individually.
  • Characters used in one Raid will not limit them from being used in the other.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70780/tank-takedown-raid-and-level-cap-increase-to-85/p1?new=1

Replies

• V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Raid Name: Tank Takedown

Raid Description:
    The AAT -- one of the most formidable weapons of war in the galaxy,
    this engine of destruction was the bane of Republic forces throughout the Clone Wars.

Rewards: Earn Mk 6 Defense and Critical Damage Mods.

Also, Jawas and Jedi have special buffs added for this raid.

Jawa Buff: Wrecking Crew
    Jawas have +50% Potency.
    In addition, whenever a Jawa uses an ability, they call another ally to Assist.
    This effect can't trigger more than once per turn.

Jedi Buff: Defenders of the Republic
    Jedi recover 15% of their Max Health at the start of their turn.

PHASE 01: On one of the many battlefields of the Clone Wars,
    the nefarious General Grievous has made a rare appearance to personally direct the battle.
    Defeating him here would surely turn the tide of the war!

PHASE 02: Grievous's patience has worn thin--he orders one of his dreaded AATs to cover his retreat.
    With nigh-impervious armor and a small arsenal of anti-personnel weaponry,
    it is one of the deadliest weapons on the battlefield.

PHASE 03: The AAT has been disabled,
    but the battle is far from over--Grievous summons a squad of B1 Battle Droids,
    led by one of his special B2 Rocket Troopers,
    to hold the line while the AAT is repaired.

PHASE 04: Grievous has ordered an all-out offensive,
    deploying additional B2 Battle Droids to support the AAT,
    as well as granting clearance for air strikes to crush any opposition.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Options
    Grievous Raid - Phase 1

General Grievous Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY 1
    Raging Assault:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns.
    This attack can't be Evaded or Countered.

SPECIAL ABILITY 1
    Grievous Pain:
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 65% chance to inflict three Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns.

SPECIAL ABILITY 2
    Baleful Laugh:
    Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, with a 50% chance to also inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns.
    Then, summon up to three Droid allies to the battle.
    This attack can't be Evaded.

UNIQUE ABILITY 1
    Every seventh time that Grievous takes damage, Grievous and another random ally gain 100% Turn Meter and reset their cooldowns.
    That ally also Taunts for 1 turn, and Grievous gains the Tactical Maneuvering effect for 3 turns.

Tactical Maneuvering: +150% Offense, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever another ally is attacked.

UNIQUE ABILITY 2
    Redoubled Effort (Passive):
    Grievous has +25% Speed for each defeated ally.

MagnaGuard Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY:
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 40% chance to inflict Offense Down for 1 turn.

SPECIAL ABILITY:
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to Expose them for 2 turns.

UNIQUE ABILITY
    Relentless Vanguard:
    MagnaGuard has +50% Counter Chance.
    In addition, whenever an enemy starts their turn, if they are suffering a negative status effect inflicted by a MagnaGuard,
    all allied MagnaGuards Taunt until the end of that enemy's turn.
  • Options
    Grievous Raid - Phase 2 - AAT

AAT: Left Cannon, Right Cannon, Main Cannon, AAT Ability Sets

Left Cannon and Right Cannon Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Support Blaster:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to Dispel all positive status effects on them.

Main Cannon Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Heavy Shot
    Deal Unmitigable damage to target enemy and secondary Physical damage to all other enemies.
    If the primary target doesn't have a positive status effect, this attack deals massive damage to them instead.

AAT Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Anti-Personnel Blasters
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and expose them for 2 turns.

SPECIAL ABILITY 1
    High-Explosive Shells
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack can't be Evaded or Countered.

SPECIAL ABILITY 2
    Incendiary Shells
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict four Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns.
    This ability starts on cooldown.

UNIQUE ABILITY
    This unit and its weapons may attack and be attacked independently, and Turn Meter Reduction effects are only half as effective against them.
    When a weapon system is disabled, it will reboot after some time, but if all weapon systems are offline simultaneously, this unit will be become Toppled and grant Morale bonuses to the attacking party:
    Morale I: All attacking units gain +100% Critical Chance.
    Morale II: Attacking units gain +25% Speed if all three of the AAT's weapon systems were disabled within one of its turns.
    Morale III: Attacking units that were the primary target of the Main Cannon's attack and survived gain +100% Critical Damage.
    When the AAT recovers from Topple, Morale bonuses are lost, and the AAT and its side cannons gain 100% Turn Meter.
  • Options
    New grievous? I never saw the old one
  • Options
    Impressive data mine. ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Grievous Raid - Phase 3

B2 Rocket Trooper Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY 1
    Warm-Up Shot:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain Offense Up for 1 turn.

SPECIAL ABILITY 1
    Scatter Shot:
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn,
    with a 50% chance to also inflict Offense Down for 2 turns.

SPECIAL ABILITY 2
    Barrage:
    Deal Unmitigable damage to all enemies and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns.
    Then, this ability's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each defeated ally.

SPECIAL ABILITY 3
    Directing Fire:
    Order an ally to use a Special ability, then summon up to six B1 Battle Droid allies.

Geonosis B1 Battle Droid Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Coordinated Fire:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant 20% Turn Meter to a random ally that has no positive status effects.

SPECIAL ABILITY
    Command: Devastate
    Deal heavy Unmitigable damage to target enemy. This ability will only be used on a superior's command.

Geonosis B1 Battle Droid Commander Ability Set

SPECIAL ABILITY
    Command: Terminate
    Deal Special damage to all enemies, remove 100% Turn Meter and inflict the Shaken effect for 1 turn.
    This ability will only be used on a superior's command.

Shaken: Target loses 25% Turn Meter when damaged by an attack

• Options
    Grievous Raid - Phase 4

B2 SUPER BATTLE DROID Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Heavy Blaster:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and remove 25% Turn Meter.

SPECIAL ABILITY
    Overwhelming Fire:
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Dispel all positive status effects on them,
    with a 60% chance to also inflict Ability Block for 1 turn.

UNIQUE ABILITY
    Relentless Vanguard:
    B2 Battle Droid has a 50% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter whenever its leader is Evaded or damaged by an attack.

AAT: Left Cannon, Right Cannon, Main Cannon, AAT Ability Sets

Left Cannon and Right Cannon Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Support Blaster:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to Dispel all positive status effects on them.

Main Cannon Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Heavy Shot
    Deal Unmitigable damage to target enemy and secondary Physical damage to all other enemies.
    If the primary target doesn't have a positive status effect, this attack deals massive damage to them instead.

AAT Ability Set

BASIC ABILITY
    Anti-Personnel Blasters
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and expose them for 2 turns.

SPECIAL ABILITY 1
    High-Explosive Shells
    Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack can't be Evaded or Countered.

SPECIAL ABILITY 2
    Incendiary Shells
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict four Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns.

UNIQUE ABILITY
    This unit is immune to Turn Meter reduction effects and its weapons may attack and be attacked independently.
    When this weapon system is disabled,
    it will reboot after some time,
    but if all weapon systems are offline simultaneously,
    this unit will be become Toppled and grant Morale bonuses to the attacking party:
    Morale I: All attacking units gain +100% Critical Chance.
    Morale II: Attacking units gain +25% Speed if all three of the AAT's weapon systems were disabled within one of its turns.
    Morale III: Attacking units that were the primary target of the Main Cannon's attack and survived gain +100% Critical Damage.
    When the AAT recovers from Topple, Morale bonuses are lost, and the AAT and its side cannons gain 100% Turn Meter.

UNIQUE ABILITY 2
    Danger Close
    When this unit becomes Toppled, it will call an air strike on its current position.
    The strike will hit just as it recovers from Topple, dealing Physical damage to all enemies.
    Allies that have no positive status effects receive massive damage instead.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ;)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Good lord that Jawa synergy B)
  • Options
    :p
  • Options
    I wonder how rewards scale!

Seems like a killer fight for not much :-P
  • Options
    New grievous? I never saw the old one

New raid with Grievous instead of the Rancor? You happy now?
  • Options
    ;)

This is T7, I assume?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Good lord that Jawa synergy B)

I know riiiight <3

.....can this be extended to PvP. The little hoodlums could use the help.
  • Options
    Can't wait for your videos using the jawas in the new raid RJ__Brando.
    You will open the path and lead the way once more.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Awesome info. Glad to hear that all my efforts farming Jawas will pay off. My team is almost ready. Will have Scavenger to g10 in about a week. Just need to finish leveling their mods.

image_zpsbnikdkd9.png

Was going to work on potency mods for them, but it may not be neccesary if they get a 50% potency boost.

Where are all the folks that said farming Jawas for the raid was dumb?
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Thanks for this. Waaaaaaaay better than the lame update that they gave us on Friday. Thanks for this!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda (L) with Jedi in P1 vs Grievous. The faster he & his minions go, the faster your toons go.
  • Options
    @CptCaveman nice team. I was on the fence between taking up my team to g10 but this pushes me over. ;)
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mingepoker wrote: »
    Can't wait for your videos using the jawas in the new raid RJ__Brando.
    You will open the path and lead the way once more.

Thanks man. Glad to hear my videos helped in some way, shape, or form.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    looks tough now, but in 3 weeks it will be a cakewalk.
  • Options
    What do you guys think? Would that Jawa synergy only be for a full Jawa team? I was planning on doing it with three Jawa's. Although I can easily farm Datcha and Jawa in 1-2 weeks as well.
  • Options
    DrNocard wrote: »
    @CptCaveman nice team. I was on the fence between taking up my team to g10 but this pushes me over. ;)

Thanks. I was taking a gamble, but the hints from the devs and leaked info made me confident that it would pay off.

Still a little ways to go though. Need to finish gear on Jawa, Dathcha, and Scavenger. Have all skills maxed on JE and Nebit. Still need an omega on Jawa unique, Scavenger basic and special, and Dathcha leader ability. Also need to finish maxing their mods. Glad they get the potency boost because I haven't finished t3 potency challenge.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hope everyone has all Jawa and IGD ready.

Also, I'm thinking Wedge lead rebels will do some heavy damage while recovering hp on each defeated ally (Which is why they're making him f2p).
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »

Thanks. I was taking a gamble, but the hints from the devs and leaked info made me confident that it would pay off.

Still a little ways to go though. Need to finish gear on Jawa, Dathcha, and Scavenger. Have all skills maxed on JE and Nebit. Still need an omega on Jawa unique, Scavenger basic and special, and Dathcha leader ability. Also need to finish maxing their mods. Glad they get the potency boost because I haven't finished t3 potency challenge.

I'm gear blocked to g10 on three jawa's by 3 saucers. But should be ok in a week or so. Abilities are so far behind it's sickening. Got distracted by my evil EP Vader Rg group lol.
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hope everyone has all Jawa and IGD ready.

Also, I'm thinking Wedge lead rebels will do some heavy damage while recovering hp on each defeated ally (Which is why they're making him f2p).

Fan of your contributions. Thanks
  • Options
    Well i might have the Jedi team for this but not the jawas yet and i wont have the jawas for some time.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Very nice hope some of it stays the same at release.

@V1p3rdyn4sty might I suggest adding that this is datamined info and subject to change. Most of this has been in game data files for a while.
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Post edited by Echo_Base on
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
This discussion has been closed.