Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
    • No changes are planned for mods at this time.

[/list]

So, thanks for your answers. Much appreciated! Looking forward to the new Content.
    Question:
    But there are changes planned for future updates to balance mods a little more?
  • @EA_Jesse : any forthcoming update geared towards new(ish) players?
    So the new gear is great, but is there a new character to obtain in the new Raid?
    There is indeed a new character for players to obtain, a fan favorite that is obtainable only by defeating the heroic difficulty of the Tank Takedown Raid.
    A fan favorite, so it must be someone iconic ... hmm ... let me guess ...: "X-Wing Pilot"
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I vaguely remember the 3 attempt chalenges (training droids, credits, and abilty mats) getting new tires at lv81 or 82 when they showed it
  • Read megathread
  • Instead of +(150k-current bank) at update, they could do +(3k * member count - current bank)

They would have to level up 49 alternative accounts each, to exploit it.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
    Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

With The level increase what does that mean for daily omegas? Will we still get them at level 80 or will we need to advance to level 85?
    • You will still be able to obtain your daily Omega by completing all activities for the day from levels 80-85.

My question is will the XP those of us at Level 80 have been accruing through daily challenges, battles etc carry over towards Level 85? Obviously it won't for our toons but there must be people who would instantly have collected the experience necessary to jump to Level 85 straight away if they've been at Level 80 for nearly 6 months?

I've already been ridiculed for having the nerve to ask such an obvious and fair question. We SHOULD be credited, but apparently you and I are the only ones who think this.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Who do you think the new character will be?
    • More details on this as we get closer to the launch of the new Raid.

What player level and gear level is the new tank raid geared towards?
    • We'll reveal more details like these with the patch notes once we get a little closer to the new Raid release date.

If level 85, will defeating non-heroic levels or even Rancor heroic give experience towards the level cap?
    • No, this will not grant XP towards the level cap.

Are you going to re-adjust Credit Heist to accommodate the extra cost of having to level all of our characters... again?
    • Currently no, the amount of credits earned through the Credit Heist event will remain the same.

Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
    • No changes are planned for mods at this time.

Did you think this through and consider what happens if all 50members of a guild create a guild a few days before raid lands? And/or everyone create a guild with their alt?
    Or are you finally fixing the double guild jump back and forth for twice the rewards of people playing as intended?
    • We're putting new measures in place to prevent players from doing this. More details on this to come.

Is there any chance that we will see some new challenge tiers along with this level cap increase?
    • Yes, there will be new challenge tiers.

New daily challenges?
    • I do not have all of the information on this, will share once I know more.

First there was a raid... then no raid but mention of ships... now we're back to raid but no mention of ships?
    • Ships are still being worked on. The Raid was delayed for the reasons stated in the announcement at the start of this post.

With The level increase what does that mean for daily omegas? Will we still get them at level 80 or will we need to advance to level 85?
    • You will still be able to obtain your daily Omega by completing all activities for the day from levels 80-85.

My burning question is, what about tier 6 and tier 7 mods? Are those on the back-burner now? Will those also be available with the new raid?
    • There will not be 6 or 7 star mods in the new Raid.

Will there be new Cantina, LS and HS nodes?
    • Yes.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Destructus wrote: »

My question is will the XP those of us at Level 80 have been accruing through daily challenges, battles etc carry over towards Level 85? Obviously it won't for our toons but there must be people who would instantly have collected the experience necessary to jump to Level 85 straight away if they've been at Level 80 for nearly 6 months?

I've already been ridiculed for having the nerve to ask such an obvious and fair question. We SHOULD be credited, but apparently you and I are the only ones who think this.

"Should" doesn't come into the equation. I'd love it if we were your way, but I'm pretty much 100% positive that the intent of the level cap is to let newer players catch up a bit...so it won't happen. I'm also pretty sure that no about of forum uproar will change this, so I think it's wiser not to set yourself up for disappointment.
  • One thing I just don't get is why does the Level of the heroes have to increase with the level of the Account...because it has got to stop somewhere eventually...
  • Awesome thanks @Goldy
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I'm running a Boba Fett lead at the top of a December arena shard and have a gear 10 Ugnaught but I still don't think it's time for a level cap :wink:

• DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    New raid... good.

Level cap increase... good (as long as new challenge tiers, etc. come with.)

Not preventing exploitation of free raid currency... bad.

Not tuning the meta so the same 3-4 teams are the only competitive ones... bad.

Bottom line, any decently managed game always rebalances when they increase level cap. So, please EA/CG do it right and rebalance the game so that are not just grinding to 85 for no reason at all.

+10k
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    No worries mate :smile:
  • Destructus wrote: »

"Should" is irrelevant. We have already had a couple of level cap increases since launch. XP don't carry over.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • New cantina battle?
  • Wonder if the omega skill level will be adjusted? at the moment it's maxed once it's omega'd

Hope not :)
    Greetings,

Next week we will be increasing the level cap to 85. Our last level cap increase was on March 31st, 2016, and a number of players have been at level 80 since April. This will have given players 6 months to have reached the cap of level 80, geared up their characters, and expanded their roster.

With this level cap increase, characters will be able to reach new abilities and gear tiers. But wait, where does one obtain these new gear pieces? Well I’m glad you asked! Players will be able to obtain brand-new gear from the Tank Takedown Raid! The plan is to release the new Raid later in October shortly after the level cap increase.

But wait a second, wasn’t the Tank Takedown Raid announced back in July? Why did it take so long to release it?

The Raid was delayed to continue QA testing, polish the art, and much more. The biggest reason however is to allow Guilds to launch both The Pit and the Tank Takedown Raid simultaneously. Now, Guilds will earn two types of currency when completing their activities each day, one for each Raid. Previously, it wasn’t possible to launch both at the same time with the tools we had in place. Guilds would have had to choose between the two Raids, and the development team felt this would have caused some divide between their members. So now, no need to choose one or the other! You can launch both at the same time, they are completely separate with attempts and character refreshes.

So the new gear is great, but is there a new character to obtain in the new Raid?
    There is indeed a new character for players to obtain, a fan favorite that is obtainable only by defeating the heroic difficulty of the Tank Takedown Raid.

Is there anything else we should know about the level cap increase or the new Raid?
    • Guilds will have both types of the new currency MAXED when the new Raid goes live. We will announce the exact date of the Raid as we get a little closer, but Guilds will definitely want to spend as much of their currency as they can instead of holding onto it.
    • Players will be able to earn rewards from The Pit and Take Takedown Raid individually.
    • Characters used in one Raid will not limit them from being used in the other.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70780/tank-takedown-raid-and-level-cap-increase-to-85/p1?new=1

• I could use a double xp weekend lol. Still havnt hit 80
  • Hobnob wrote: »
    I'm running a Boba Fett lead at the top of a December arena shard and have a gear 10 Ugnaught but I still don't think it's time for a level cap :wink:

Heh. I actually want to work on Boba, but largely as a vanity project.

I've still got a bunch of toons who need beefing first so this is too soon for me. I'm still branching out, but now I have to build my best yet again.

I hope player levelling is a grind so I can still focus on building my other toons in the meantime. I won't be getting as many GW tokens now I see the easy Node 12 going on its way out, so it's a good thing I'm close to maxing out all toons from GW shipments.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Giant update - can't wait!!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    New LS, DS, and cantina missions also means new achievements for Vader shards. This excites me more than the rest of it. Still not real happy with the level cap increase. How long was it between the cap increase from 70 to 80?
  • WellMet
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I like this game, but I feel upset about some things that haven't changed, at least the way I would do it. It's good when a company listens to it's customers.

Greed is good, Karma is better ;)
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    New LS, DS, and cantina missions also means new achievements for Vader shards. This excites me more than the rest of it. Still not real happy with the level cap increase. How long was it between the cap increase from 70 to 80?

31st of march.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Volaar wrote: »
    Giant update - can't wait!!

It's gonna be YYUUUGGGEEE
  • And i quote; "Today we are announcing our next major update, PVP Tournaments! This update will be launching in stages over the next two weeks.
    And one more thing: in addition to this update, the development team has already been hard at work on our biggest update yet which will feature (wait for it)…
    Ships! *drops mic*"

Its 15 days since the announcement my week only has 7 days in it, so please put the key into my inbox for me to unlock the padlock and the feature.
  • @BentWookiee @EA_Jesse can you move Jesse's comment to the Dev update or to the first post in mega-thread? It won't be long until it's buried in here.
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Greetings,

With this level cap increase, characters will be able to reach new abilities and gear tiers. But wait, where does one obtain these new gear pieces? Well I’m glad you asked! Players will be able to obtain

New gear tiers - sure.

New 'abilities'? Really? I'm intrigued by that.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • @EA_Jesse

With the increase in level to 85 and higher gear. Will there be a tier 8 or rebalancing of the existing rancor raid so that a person cannot solo the entire thing? Currently the tier 7 is almost soloable and with higher gear and higher player level I would think that it would become too easy to complete. One player might be able to solo the entire thing with one squad.

Is there any consideration going into this?
This discussion has been closed.