Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    RNGesus, PLEASE tell me they fixed guild hopping. If not, this is going to be exploite, errrrrrrrr, WAI to the highest degree.

In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse said this would be fixed. Period.

True story, it will be fixed. Once I have the final details on how this will be prevented I'll share them on the forums.

#Salute @EA_Jesse , salute.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Not quite true OP. In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse indicated that there would be plenty of increases in the currently question-marked gear slots--that is, more toons able to reach gear 11 and maybe some to gear 12 (?!). The new raid gear required for these currently locked gear slots will enhance existing abilities (and maybe even add new ones?)

I know nothing of the podcasts, just that the latests developer update post concerning the level cap increase was edited to remove the "abilities and" from the mention that characters would be able to unlock new abilities and gear tiers.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    RNGesus, PLEASE tell me they fixed guild hopping. If not, this is going to be exploite, errrrrrrrr, WAI to the highest degree.

In the latest RFT podcast EA Jesse said this would be fixed. Period.

Sorry, haven't listened to the podcast yet, but PRAISE BE TO RNGESUS!!!! There is rejoicing in the heavens!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Josh_K wrote: »
    My reading is that no new ability tiers will be unlocked, meaning level 9 abilities. I think that the level 8 tier is already unlocked and abilities that can go to lvl 8 at lvl 82 and 84 will be available.

i doubt this. 90% of leadership abilities are level 7 currently, and I'm assuming the level 8 leaders are what need reviewing most.

ie, Greedo
  • Any information on how much credit will required to level from 80 to 85? It already cost 1.3 mil to level from 75 to 80.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Happy to hear they are looking at balancing... it is sorely needed, so long as that balancing includes buffs AND nerfs.

I'm sure there will also be an achievement for getting to 85 so more Vader shards.

Don't forget that the grind to 85 will take at least 5-6 weeks, so plenty of time for CG to balance the game and add new ability tiers before anyone reaches 85 (notwithstanding a few whales who spend $1000 on refreshes)
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »
    My reading is that no new ability tiers will be unlocked, meaning level 9 abilities. I think that the level 8 tier is already unlocked and abilities that can go to lvl 8 at lvl 82 and 84 will be available.

i doubt this. 90% of leadership abilities are level 7 currently, and I'm assuming the level 8 leaders are what need reviewing most.

ie, Greedo

I'm not gonna lie, I farmed Greedo for this moment. That greedy bug-face takes 250 stun cuffs! We all knew about how it would go down, how it's a MUCH slower version of droids, just with more hitting power. It would be nice for a change in scenery and no where close to OP in a game where Wiggs and JE/HK-47 exists.
  • I can see myself in 2020 lvl 200 , megamods equiped and one shard away for 7 * Vader ...
  • I'm short on credits but it's been more than enough time since last level cap raise.

I also hope we start getting stuff we actually need from the challenges like stun cuffs, scanners, etc. It's ridiculous. I have 1000 of stuff I don't need and need 1000 of other things I don't have. That's quite the disparity.

The other thing I'm hoping for is new additions to the GW store. It takes too long to farm characters when they are only available on one LS or DS node. MONTHS of daily farming. And we can easily go 2 or 3 days in a row of going 0 for 3, meaning some weeks we only get 3 or 4 shards. That's ridiculous. Ewok Scout comes to mind as an example.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Mackb13 wrote: »
    I can see myself in 2020 lvl 200 , megamods equiped and one shard away for 7 * Vader ...

LOL me too. And then the next day they pull the plug on the game. Just like Disney did with the Marvel game. It sucks spending money on a game and building up over years only to have it pulled.
  • Geonosis Padme
  • didn't we see r2 I'm the actual promo video
    ... it's definitely r2
  • Im gutted this has been announced. I have 13 characters waiting for the mk 5 furnace, How am I ever going to clear that backlog to get ready for this level increase.
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm glad I've been farming Jawas. I have them all maxed out except for the Engineer.

And I'm glad they're also buffing Jedi. I had planned to make my jawas my 'A' team and then go with a 'B' team of Obi-Wan lead (for evade and evade bonus), Ugnaught, Anakin, Ima-Gun Di and then either Plo Koon or Aayla. Lots of buffs, anti-buffs and damage to go around there.

Then for my 'C' team, I'll keep my turn meter Rancor raid team intact for now and see how they do. Teebo lead, Qui-Gon Jin, Fives, GS and Ewok Elder. My concern with these guys is they lack any AoE to deal with waves of numerous guys. Pretty tailored for fighting a single opponent.

And then my 'D' team, if you can call it that, will be Rebels. Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan and either Akbar, Hoth Scout or Leia (depending on who works best).

I'm sure the clones will also be powerful against this droid raid, considering the era. Hopefully they add an ability for F2P to get Rex (even if it's a long grind on a single node).

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i don't think you will be able to increase any at all. if it says MAXED it stays maxed even after update
  • My head is telling me R2-D2 just because of that mockup I saw and all the chatter about this for months.

What do we know:
    - it's a tank character
    - fan favourite

Not a lot to go on. But it has to be a 'name' character and that leaves just a few choices.

General Kenobi. So is he a tank? I would think of this character more of an attacker, but that's subjective. Whatever it is, it won't be adding to Rebel or Empire meta teams. And there isn't really enough of a Republic team to go on, but perhaps that's what they're building here? A bonafide Republic team by adding a superstar in General Kenobi to act with Anakin as a new Wiggs or Hando combo?

Or are they going with Jango Fett to give Scoundrels a superstar tank to put them into meta? A combo of Rex and Fives with a stun attack would be nice.

I would say Obi-Wan and Artoo are more fan favourites than Jango. We all think he looks cool, but we LOVE Obi-Wan and Artoo. Plus Artoo is a droid and this is a droid event. But General Kenobi is more of a direct Clone Wars character. Especially if we're taking down Grievous. And Artoo will look weird on a droid team with those baddies.

After all that, my money is on General Kenobi. More Clone Wars associated and would make great Republic duo with Anakin. And that's what this game needs more than anything. Another identifiable meta with name characters. Both a Republic one AND a Jedi one. Kenobi and Anakin would do for both just like StHan and Lando do for Rebels and Scoundrels.

Yup, Kenobi. I'll bet you a Coke!
  • I'll be happy with R2, but I'd love General Kenobi...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    They should surprise everyone and add in 8*, 9*, and 10* for fun. I for one enjoyed the months it took to get royal guard to 7* just on the ls/ds nodes.
  • Check the new raid gears and new gears. :) Are you aware all new gears contain a rancor raid only gear and 50-100 pieces of new raid gear? Are you really prepared for this level cap? I doubt it. :)
  • It's Sebulba. Duh
    I can see myself in 2020 lvl 200 , megamods equiped and one shard away for 7 * Vader ...

LOL
  • The idea that the Xp we earn even been lvl 80 will be accounted when the update comes is such a sweet sweet dream.... As i said in this post before, here comes the new credit crunch...

LOL me too. And then the next day they pull the plug on the game. Just like Disney did with the Marvel game. It sucks spending money on a game and building up over years only to have it pulled.

Well, Marvel isn't that popular... The movies hyped ppl a little over it, but that's just a phase... SW is forever.
  • johnne wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jar Jar binks is a fan favourite

So is slave Leia...aint going to be her either.

R2 - but which one? Resistance? Rebel? ;)

Republican

Lmao
  • johnne wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jar Jar binks is a fan favourite

So is slave Leia...aint going to be her either.

R2 - but which one? Resistance? Rebel? ;)

Republican

Primary: Hoard credits but only if you have over 100m

Secondary: Evade taxes up

Special: Build wall to keep the Jawas out but 100% fail rate.

Lmao
  • Sorry, if I've missed it but do we have any idea other than sometime next week on the new raid. Trying to plan out currency expenditures to leave as little in the bank as possible. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Sorry, if I've missed it but do we have any idea other than sometime next week on the new raid. Trying to plan out currency expenditures to leave as little in the bank as possible. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Not yet but we have been promised some advanced notice for that very reason.
This discussion has been closed.