shard drops odds are really low

djwarcr
176 posts Member
edited January 2016
I am trying to get shards for JC and Geonosian soldier.
I can only get shards for the soldier from the cantina, Battle A, every 10 fights I get 1 shard or none, so to get 25 shards that I need is taking me forever, so far I got 9 shards in a whole week.
For JC, I can get shards for him in 3 different battles, so 3 times 3=9 from those 9 tries I got, very often I get 1 or 2 shards the most...
I cant imagine getting 80 shards this way..is gonna take me a month.. or more

Replies

• There have been issues with drop rates but I'm curious how long this has been happening..
  • Hi @djwarcr - Please read the post on random numbers from @Qeltar.

There are no "issues" with drop rates. The randomness can lead to perceived hot and cold streaks.

Thanks.
  • Hi @djwarcr - Please read the post on random numbers from @Qeltar.

There are no "issues" with drop rates. The randomness can lead to perceived hot and cold streaks.

Thanks.

Im only getting cold streaks, Cantina , battle A
    Shards for Geonosian soldier = 10 to get 1 or none , it has always been like that to me

• kin
    24 posts Member
    I think its just bad rng man. Im farming kylo ren and im averaging around 13-15 a day with one refresh. I just try to stop simming when there is a streak of no shard drops then i do something else then sim the battle again. Idk if that helps but hey, why not right.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thats what I do.
    I usually use 6 - 10 sims if I get 1 only shard, I move on to something else.. And come back later or the next day... But is always the same, since December I've been able to get 9 shards out of 25 I need
  • My advice is hang in there. Also, @djwarcr you keep saying 10 or 6-10 attempts and only 0-1 shard. Natural refresh is 120 cantina energy a day and at 8 energy per attempt you should be having 15 per day(30 per day with refresh). My second piece of advice is to focus on which hero you want to level. From the numbers it appears you are spreading your attempts out over multiple heroes, which will make the progress feel slow. Even at a 1/15 drop rate you would have gotten 21-42 shards since December (depending on refreshes) if you were focused on GS.
  • djwarcr wrote: »
    I am trying to get shards for JC and Geonosian soldier.
    I can only get shards for the soldier from the cantina, Battle A, every 10 fights I get 1 shard or none, so to get 25 shards that I need is taking me forever, so far I got 9 shards in a whole week.
    For JC, I can get shards for him in 3 different battles, so 3 times 3=9 from those 9 tries I got, very often I get 1 or 2 shards the most...
    I cant imagine getting 80 shards this way..is gonna take me a month.. or more

Since you've been trying the normal approach for weeks now, I'd like to suggest an alternative:
    1. Before you open the game, close your eyes and take slow, deep breaths for 3 minutes.
    2. Feel a calming energy course through your body, and channel that into a sense of profound purpose.
    3. Open your eyes with renewed vigor.
    4. Turn on your phone, and open and close every single app besides SWGOH.
    5. Reset your phone and check for updates.
    6. Repeat steps 1-5.
    7. Open SWGOH.
    8. With intense focus, click straight into Squad Cantina Battles.
    9. Now, use the SIM tickets to battle, but tap the screen as hard as you can.
    10. Click through the battles so fast that you don't even get to see the reward screen fully load.
    11. Check your shards afterwards.
    12. Buy two refreshes, and repeat steps 1-10.

With this approach, I guarantee you'll have more shards than you did before, and you'll gain them at a faster rate. I challenge you to open your mind and give it a shot, just once.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I d only buy 1 refresh for the cantina, because the 2nd refresh is double the price.
    Thanks stupidfatfool for those pointers.!
  • Just stick to it... drop rates are not rigged or something. I farmed gs to 6* already with refreshing cantina twice (100,200) each day. This gave me +-15 shards each day. I know that for sure because I started him at the same time as Poggle and both hit 6* recently.
    Actually it is probably more than 5 shards/refill on average because now my gs is like 15-20 shards ahead of poggle.
    There were refills which only gave me 1-2 shards but I also got like 8 in a row at one point.
  • Keep a log. If you use all your energy and do one refill a day, you should average around 7-8 shards per day.

Just modify your first post and update it everyday with how many shards for JC you have.

Focus only on JC for now. You're right though, it should take you about a month to get 80 shards for 2 different characters. But it feels much better if you do one in 2 weeks, and another in 2 weeks.
  • Can you believe I just refresh it and for the whole refresh I got none, 0, nada
  • Genos soldier is killing me. Dropp rates on everone else in cantina has been around 30% or better from the start. Started with geno 4 days ago and my average rate is aprox 1 pr 6-7 battle.