Stop Putting End Game Gear in Raids/Other Areas People Don't Enjoy.

War
932 posts Member
Seriously every other game knows Endgame PVE and PVP are supposed to be separate entities, you can't expect all the PVPers, the main majority of the game, to want to do raids. Also from what I can tell even the raiders are unhappy with raids. They have to put damage caps on their raids so everyone gets rewards, which is a hassle especially when now they'll be trying to get this new gear to all their members. And if you don't raid or just do it casually you'll be struggling to gear your characters and keep them competitive in the arena.

This wouldn't really upset me that much, if I was convinced that the new raid pieces would be immediately available in shipments and the shard shop, but since they made it exclusive to this new raid, I'm guessing it'll be a month or two before they do that.

Still they timed this level cap raise pretty well, I spent the last two days not even doing dailies because the game had turned into such a grind without a real benefit other than trying to top the arena, which I don't care about or even spend enough money to do. But getting to level up and focus on my main team again will be fun. Minus of course new gear I won't be getting anytime soon and tier six and seven mods that will make hard earned tier fives look like garbage.

Replies

My advice to you is to quit your guild, form a guild of one, solo it as you're too hassled by sharing rewards, and then refresh arena every day until you're out of crystals. Should make you much happier...
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Dantefire wrote: »

My advice to you is to quit your guild, form a guild of one, solo it as you're too hassled by sharing rewards, and then refresh arena every day until you're out of crystals. Should make you much happier...

I'm not in a guild that does hardcore raids needing to share, I'm in a small guild that isn't going to have access to the new endgame gear, hence me wanting it in shipments and shard shop. I also didn't mean it however you took it, just annoyed were in another cycle of having gear in places not everybody enjoys doing.

I'm also happy for the new level cap and really happy for the announcement of ships, which is where I'll be spending all my resources. Now imagine if ships is where all the new mods will be, some people have already mentioned they're not looking forward to the new grind ships will bring. If mods were placed there instead of the new raid they'd be upset also.
  • LOL
  • Why would you need to cap damage so everyone gets rewards?
    Leave raid open for 24 hrs so everyone can register a hit and thus get rewards.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    yes devs, stop giving us gear from the f2p raids and put it in shipments....said nobody ever.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Polarice wrote: »
    Why would you need to cap damage so everyone gets rewards?
    Leave raid open for 24 hrs so everyone can register a hit and thus get rewards.

I don't know much about it myself, but apparently the T7 Rancor is so weak that if anyone goes over 500k damage it messes up the whole reward system and it's hard not to do 500k. Not sure if this is a problem for every guild, but the post I saw made it seem like it's a big problem when trying to distribute rewards equally.

I imagine it has more to do with Han Solo shards than gear, if your trying to let everyone earn Han Solo shards fairly then you'd need some kind of system in place.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @War sounds like a pain in the a**. We do 24 hours to post a 0 then do a free for all, much more fun and it seems the fairest way. All that damage cap stuff is nonsense.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @War sounds like a pain in the a**. We do 24 hours to post a 0 then do a free for all, much more fun and it seems the fairest way. All that damage cap stuff is nonsense.

What if multiple people in a guild want Han Solo, you'd need to figure out who gets to deal the most damage and get the most shards, and then let the other person do the most next time so they get the most shards that time around and they both get to unlock him around the same time.

Also when the first raid dropped there were all kinds of posts about putting the gear in other places, usually not in shipments, but they still wanted it outside of raids. Me personally I don't mind supporting the game by buying crystals to get my gear, just let me do it right away instead of waiting for when they decide it's no longer raid exclusive.
  • Well that's kind of the problem? Where else would you put it? Unless you add new light and dark battles stages
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @War bit early to worry about the gear mate, you know as well as I do it will end up in shipments almost straight away.

I think it's just tough luck on who does the most damage, it would also be unfair to more competitive gamers to stop them from using their rosters IMO.

Most of my guild were loyal for too long to weaker guilds so there isn't many maxed Han Solo's. Once people have him they begin to care less about where they finish in raids, in fact most of us just throw a score in just to get on the leaderboard because the rewards are so random.

Guess it depends on the kinda people in the guild.
  • Yes, please stop putting " end game" gear in end game events...
  • End game gear should drop from first stage of ls and ds missions. Its only fair!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I did not say it shouldn't go in end game events or should be easy to get, and raids aren't end game events, they're just another side of the game. End game events are like the assault battles or PVP tourneys to some extent.

It would actually be more interesting if it was put in a rotating end game event. Something hard and challenging like an endless survival, if you go so many waves you get x amount of pieces. It could appear every week or so like the credit heist event.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I got my 7* Han Solo, so I just check in with a zero, and claim my rewards when raid is over, as the gear drops are random, most in my guild have gotten the full gear in the lower rankings, so that only leaves credits left and the difference isn't that big
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Please unlock all characters at max gear and stars when I start the game please. The whole process of playing is not fun for me, so I demand to be catered too, and obviously my opinion has more merit than everyone elses.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'd like to know where you get your data from that most people don't enjoy raids and are only concerned with PvP. But overall, it sounds like you need to find a new guild. If you aren't doing T7 raids (and you're at an appropriate level to do so), you need to start.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    OP you have no idea what you're talking about
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • every guild i've been in has always just been a huge free for all, if you participate in the raid great. if not maybe next time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    tRRRey wrote: »
    OP you have no idea what you're talking about

I'm not the only one. Ok.
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Is this guy playing SWGOH? Is he posting in the correct forum?

And, what on earth is "end game gear"? For the term "end game gear" to be valid, one must have a clearly defined "end game". And as of now, "end game" is the day you stop playing. There is no "end". The game keeps going. Maybe the term "end game gear" must be some mythical Zelda ocarina that I haven't unlocked yet after 11 months of playing.

I read through this entire thread, and at the end found myself checking to see if my head was suddenly sewn to the carpet. Because that would make more sense than whatever I read here.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Raid gear was always available in guild shipments. Yes it costs individual guild currency, but you do not have to be in a multi member guild to get it, it just takes longer. A one person guild can get individual guild currency 3 out of the 7 activities. So if you don't want to be in a guild with others than don't.

I also suspect that the new raid gear will show in shipments for crystals when new raid starts. Furnaces showed immediately when the rancor raid dropped.

Also don't be suprised if/when a new gear piece requires 50 rancor raid gear salvage, 50 tank raid salvage, 50 challenge gear salvage and 50 cuffs and/or 50 stun guns.
  • This thread is a mess.

I empathize with the original poster. In other multiplayer games I have experienced it was possible to be competitve in PvP by buying most of the gear you needed. There still was an element of a grind but not near what the others experienced who made their own way and gathered everything themselves.

It was alluded to, but this is also possible in SWGoH to a certain degree as you can buy raid gear with shards and crystals. Whether or not they will allow us to purchase gear from the new raid has yet to be seen.

The developers certainly want to encourage everyone to join a guild and explore every aspect of the game, and by not doing so you shoot yourself in the foot. It's not ideal but it's the way things work right now.

By the way, for every one that boycotts guilds there are another 15 shouting for more content.
  • Yeah, depends on the members of the guild really. Our guild doesn't seem to care too much that some people get most of the damage... isn't the point of it to get better? Our guys are all pretty friendly and don't mind the competition amongst our own members. I used to be steady #1 or 2 in getting damage in, then some of our guys got better and figured out new strategies/toon combos and now I usually only bat #5 or 6. It's all good, and we help each other out with the gear. I suggest if you don't like your guild, then leave. Find a lower power guild if you can't seem to rank high enough to get any decent rewards. When our guild started we could barely finish a 5* raid, now we're doing 7*s with no problem and it's because we work together. Which is kind of the point...
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Yeah, depends on the members of the guild really. Our guild doesn't seem to care too much that some people get most of the damage... isn't the point of it to get better? Our guys are all pretty friendly and don't mind the competition amongst our own members. I used to be steady #1 or 2 in getting damage in, then some of our guys got better and figured out new strategies/toon combos and now I usually only bat #5 or 6. It's all good, and we help each other out with the gear. I suggest if you don't like your guild, then leave. Find a lower power guild if you can't seem to rank high enough to get any decent rewards. When our guild started we could barely finish a 5* raid, now we're doing 7*s with no problem and it's because we work together. Which is kind of the point...

Why resurrect this thread? I made it on a bad day and don't really care much about this anymore. Let this thread stay dead.