Tusken Raider better than QGJ in this team for Rancor raid?

IvoB1987
494 posts Member
edited October 2016
I run this team in Rancor raid at the moment Teebo, Ewok Scout, Ewok Elder, QGJ, Dengar

This team heaviliy depends on Dengar's tenacity down but when it hits this team works pretty well.

Now I'm a guy that's rather safe than deal a lot of damage. Now I think QGJ hits harder but Tusker Raider is the safer bet.

Why?
Tusken Raider has a basic that has a 55% chance to remove 50% turn meter.
QGJ has a basic that has a 65% chance to remove 30% turn meter.
Note potency is not an issue because of tenacity down so QGJ having more potency is not of importance I think in this team

Now speed is also a factor. Now maxed Tusken Raider has 121 speed en maxed QGJ 145 according to https://swgoh.gg. Now I believe that just multiplying the average turn meter removal by the speed gives a fair result of the best turn meter remover.
0.55 * 50 * 121 is still larger than 0.65 * 30 * 145.

So on average Tusken Raid removes more turn meter in the long run I think. Am I right?

EDIT: I forgot to take into account the chance for getting turn meter for QGJ's basic attack and this changes things a lot. QGJ probably does win this comparison I think, but any feedback from you guys is appreciated

Replies

• Gotta say...refreshing topic. That was amazing to read a topic that hasn't been discussed before. Cheers to that.

In for some input as well. I'm not one that crunches numbers so I'll wait for someone who does give some insight because the theory is intriguing. Also to add, TR health/protection is FAR more plentiful than QGJ. Raid-wise, that may be a risk-reduction in losing a toon.

I don't think TR is anywhere close to a "replacement" for QGJ, but I forgot completely about him and his potential effectiveness if you're farming QGJ currently. TR is a much easier farm if you complete GW every day. Nearly 15-20 shards/day if done right. And now that we have potency mods...
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I run Teebo, ES, TR, EE, and Dengar, in heroic with the rancor. My scores range from 500,000-3.5 million with the rancor (no captain)Scores would be higher if I run this build from P1, but I'm a closer for heroic in my guild. Is a fun build but still RNG dependent. When the RNG gods are in your side you can go on forever. But when Teebo doesn't stealth for 3 turns and neither ES or TS remove turn meter it can go downhill rather quickly. The major flaw for this build is no DPS. I think I'm getting close to favor the RNG gods a little better but I'm lacking better mods with speed as primary or secondary.

My speeds are: Teebo 155, ES 153, TR 142, EE 164, Dengar 120.

There reason for no QGJ is I don't need a second dispeler. And removing 30% turn meter when Teebo is unstealthed is negligible with current speeds.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Aside from your correction which gives QGJ the edge the other two problems you have are that its not clear that tenacity down works as tenacity up. It seems to not reduce it for all toons to the minimum tenacity (15%?) but instead has a fixed percent reduction of N% which may or may not bring the Rancor down to the cap. I've experimented quite a bit with ES, TR, and QGJ with their respective potency (approx 50%/60%/100% for me) and still feel that there is a difference in resistance so they're not all having their effect apply at the same rate. It's just way too hard to quantify with limited runs and with T6 where the tenacity of the Rancor isn't high enough.

The other problem is that you are much, much more dependent on Tenacity down with TR. QGJ can work effectively with or without it while TR requires it to be consistently effective. While it is possible to lose TD as early as P2 with that squad if the Rancor likes Dengar for that particular night's Dinner. At that point you're effectively done with TR while with QGJ you can continue with just a reduction in efficiency.

My primary group is Teebo/EE/ES/QGJ/Fives. I have TR, Chewy, Phasma, and Dengar in a secondary group (assuming Teebo escapes) and find that they're plenty effective.
  • I have tusken maxed but QGJ is way better since he can attack a lot more. I was also disappointed in tusken damage. Pretty terrible damage.
  • Kapp
    35 posts Member
    QGJ procs his TM gain alot, is easy to get over 200 speed with 105 potency. Which helps alot for when tenacity down falls off the rancor. He goes twice in a row multiple times in a raid with his TM gain proc. He is by far the better option.
  • Qui-gon all the way .... Chewie is better than Tusken (base potency)
    now for dengar and his tenacity down... how much it is ? -50% tenacity ?
  • I use TR in my Phase 1 team along with teebo, ee, phasma, ig 86. Works pretty well. I have no problem soloing it at T7. For p2 and p3, that is a different story. I like him. Went the tm is low, I use the assist attack.