Ackbar

What do people think of Ackbar…I feel like his healing is frustrating….Tactical genius is punitive isn't it? Why bring a guy to give another a turn…it should be I do this and then you do that in addition..maybe its early but I find that Ackbar so incredibly useless…plus if you spend ability material on his heal ability it improves….1% but only if they are suffering a negative status…"I'm sorry but you'll need to be stunned before I heal you son"……but but Im dying….no no you must be stunned first. It just seems awful…maybe Im missing something.

Love the game by the way! Ease up the energy costs on Hard…12 is high.

Replies

• Its a trap!
  • KidKafka
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Just checked his specials and actually they are quite useful in some situations.

Level 3
    Quick Shot – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40% chance to gain 30% Turn Meter.

Level 3
    It’s a Trap! – Dispell all negative status effects from all allies. Each ally recovers 6% of their Max Health for each effect dispelled this way.

Level 3
    Tactical Genius – A random ally gains 100% Turn Meter and 25% Defense Penetration for 1 Turn.

Taken from http://www.swgohcantina.com/hero-stats/
    (Huge thanks for this job guys)

You will often suffer negative status effects, wether it's normal mission or PvP based ones. Though Ackbar is quite weak in health and attack you might consider him at fights versus Darth Vader, Boba Fett or Old Ben, since their most specials are based on negative statuses.
    Anyways i think, the way you put your team together is most crucial, especially if you have seemly "useless" heros. Finding the balance and learning how to use them is the key to win.

Edit: When I first started I was like "oh nice, auto-play!",yeah you can do that, but timing and memorizing moves is very important, it makes things easier later in the game, or in GW mode, don't tap buttons and hope you get a lucky shot. Watch closely how enemies move, which enemies speed bar is filling, which specials did they already use. Like in chess, you can (mostly) strategize many moves even with low characters. To learn how to play and to know what you are doing makes the difference.
  • I have him and he's alright. The only thing he does well is to remove negative buffs. However, this can save your team. If used properly you can get rid of healing immunity (thanks a lot sideous) and heal. Or you can remove DOT damage as well. I haven't really fully tested him because he's on my B squad, but I think he has some potential.
  • also no one should use him as a reliable healer, thats not what he is; he is a support.
  • How is his HP?
  • Too bad he cant cleanse while the whole team is ability buffed. They should increase his tenacity a large amount to make him at least do his 1 job on average.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Thinice
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have him and have started testing him as leader in a 4/5 rebel team. So far it's awesome. Don't miss the defense buff of chewie or Han because his rebel speed buff is great. His heal is great, esp later in pvp. It might only be 7% of a heal but if your whole group is debuffed its usually around a 2k heal or more. That's why I still bring my JC to main heal. I almost always never give someone else a turn since his damage is barely matched atm. He does 1000-1200 damage at gear 6 and his health is great.
  • Thinice wrote: »
    I have him and have started testing him as leader in a 4/5 rebel team. So far it's awesome. Don't miss the defense buff of chewie or Han because his rebel speed buff is great. His heal is great, esp later in pvp. It might only be 7% of a heal but if your whole group is debuffed its usually around a 2k heal or more. That's why I still bring my JC to main heal. I almost always never give someone else a turn since his damage is barely matched atm. He does 1000-1200 damage at gear 6 and his health is great.

How much HP does he have?
  • Thinice wrote: »

this is great. i was wondering about getting ackbar just for pvp since many people will be unlocking vader soon and pairing him with sid. other than that, unless i see a heavy debuff team in gw or ds/ls, he's benched.
    mighty chlorians
  • His health is 5600 with gear
  • Also at lvl 4 on his leader ability he gives 10% tenacity
  • Ackbar 4*, lev55, gearVI (2 pieces to 7)
    hp 6032
  • Nice. Yeah mine is only lvl 50
  • I don't have Akbar but was musing on getting him after I'm done farming Sid in Arena shipments but I think, since I already have Lobot and HK-47 unlocked at 4* and at high ability level, I'll opt for starring up IG-88 in Arena and IG-86 in GW (once Lumi is 7*) and use Lobot in a droid based team since his debuff cleansing abilities mirror Akbar and Lobot really speeds up droids.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Yeah I've heard Lobot is great in the same way for droids.

On a side note I tried Ackbar in cantina as lead expecting to get tore up without the def buffs...I 3 starred the 2 I tried. I took phasma on those 2 from allies. Her slow downs work great with his speed up haha
  • I have him and once upgraded he is a great asset to the team. I'm running a completely free account so no purchases. My team is lumi level 52 5*, mace windu level 52 4*, JC 52 4*, chewy 52 4*, and Akbar 52 4*. The HHTTS combo has suited me well enough so far.