Is this game getting kind of boring?

I have been playing for about a month now and I really LOVED it in the beginning. It was something that felt fresh and new and I love the Star Wars connection. I am a mostly ftp player and am lvl 54. I dunno, lately it just seems kind of boring. I basically log on in the morning and sim for cantina shards, hopelessly search for purple gear and buy shipments. Log on again around me 4:45 to snipe inside the top 20 for prizes. Then later in the evening refresh cantina and ls/ds twice to again search for purple gear and complete GW. Sometime in between I auto play the non challenging challenges. I know the game is pretty new and I'm sure they will continue to add content (hopefully) but lately it's kinda boring me. Anyone else agree?

Replies

• no
  • I'd rather they delay the new content so I can gather the most I can of the things I'm currently farming for until it comes out so I can spend all my resources on the new heroes and villains
  • Nah I still love it
  • 4 weeks later, still addicted. I can see how some are getting bored though
  • Btw this isn't intended as a hate thread. I just wish we had a bit more content, but I'm sure it's coming.
  • Do want new things(characters/content)
  • DNA wrote: »
    no

This lol
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Needs a trial arena or practice mode while waiting for timers. Currently, I'm done with GW, Arena, challenges and no more cantina or credits so I have absolutely nothing to do but spend money which I don't wanna do so much.
  • Still curious how ships will play into all this. That was a selling point at E3 before even softlaunch.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Oh yeah, it is getting very boring since it is the same stuff over and over. I'd say the first month I was really into it and didn't find it boring but the last couple weeks has just been tedious. Arena is boring (partly I think because I see the same pool of about ten characters over all my daily fights so I am just going through the motions when fighting them), GW is starting to get a bit boring now that I am completing it on a daily basis (also like in arena, it's mainly the same pool of ten characters I face) and the rest of the stuff is nothing but auto run or sim ticket skipping grinding just to get stuff to use for my characters to make it even easier in battles which in turn means getting stuff/rewards to put towards characters so they can then be stronger and have battles be easier. Over and over, the never ending cycle. How people can't find that to be boring after a while is beyond me but many popular games are the same style, Destiny being a good example. Feels like being a hamster running on the wheel.

I think a big problem is that arena is the only mode to give decent crystals so one will strive to do well in there which then means focusing the work on making sure the top 5 or the A team are as powerful as can be and that then takes a huge roster of characters one could be building up down to a handful. Sure, you could look to focus on others but then that may mean your arena team suffers and you will lose out on better rewards so you're kind of painted into a corner to just focus on the top 5 or so. At least as a f2p player. If I were a p2w person then I probably wouldn't care as much since i'd have bought crystals to use.

I hope the new content they add will be new modes or the alleged ships/fighters and not just new characters because new characters aren't going to magically make the same thing less boring to me. Neither will another level cap since it just makes the issue above worse as you then have to get your top team up in level to maintain the pace with others. I am not a huge fan of the current level cap increase simply because I was all set to start working on secondary characters and now I am going to be back to putting droids and such back on my top 6 guys.

I'd probably quit if it weren't for the fact I have put enough time in that I sort of don't want it to all go to waste or get really behind if by chance they do add some neat stuff in a month or so and I want to check it out.

I just don't think games that rely on constant repetition of the same thing and grinding are for me long term as I get to the point in every one of them wondering what the point is to keep playing I simply stop not long after I get to that point. I do NOT blame the devs for this as it's just simply how many games are made these days.
  • DingleTingle
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    it is getting boring. To many cookie cutter teams in arena & GW. There needs to be better balance since all the teams look almost exactly a like.

Pretty well balanced when a couple of characters can instant kill (do damage for 11K+ at level 60).
    Post edited by DingleTingle on
    Bye Forums.
  • Old republic character s plz
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Not for me. In fact I know that I've used up all my daily tasks and energy and still keep logging in to see if I've got enough energy for a couple more attacks.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well I'm having plenty of fun still. But then, I'm a completionist.
  • I've been playing it since December 2014 and even though they've kept adding content and stuff. I have been losing drive to play the game.... Ever since March 2016, it's been on a steady decline for me and it's finally gotten me to the point that I only login to get my Arena/Daily rewards. Because of this, I'm at almost 30,000 crystals which will keep adding up until I'm ready to come back