Seriously, No Vader in Shard Shop Even w Refreshing

djlott
469 posts Member
edited October 2016
I'm 81/100 on V and F2P. River Dam if I can't get a single hit on Vader in the Shard shop after refreshing at least once a day, sometimes twice. Come on RNG gimme a break!!! I don't expect him for free (ok maybe I do) but this is at least 2000 crystals on refresh. Ugh.

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Lol you know I don't even want the guy but since everyone wants him so bad I farm him anyway. I just got 2 shards today and its funny that I farm him for no reason at all. If I could trade you my shards I would
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Lol why are you flushing your crystals down the toilet? As a f2p player that's the worst use of your crystals
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    cQRMzfA.jpg
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @tRRRey Yeah maybe... But as F2P, Vader is one of the only heroes that I can truly get a leg up on over others. And since Empire is coming into power ... i dont see it as a total flush. With Palp lead and RG w ShoreT, Vader isn't so bad.

I've blown crystals plenty of other worse ways but I really want Vader and I'm very close so....thats why. I just didn't expect the odds to be so bad after reading all the posts about "whales able to pay to get Vader".

Anyway I've played since open and my roster hardly looks F2P but here I am w Vader at 81/100 and no dice. The worst part is that I didn't totally expect him to pop up just cause I refreshed. But I thought my odds if seeing him would improve at least w the daily reset. Nope.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Lol @Smapty
    @Big_Boss and I'd give you 100 crystals for every 2 you could sell me!!!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm at 90/100 currently and have been a big proponent of Vader and his potential (as you can clearly see if you dig through my old posts)

But I'm not blowing crystals on shard shop refreshes... he'll get there eventually despite my abysmal luck with the shard shop
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    djlott wrote: »
    Lol @Smapty
    @Big_Boss and I'd give you 100 crystals for every 2 you could sell me!!!

Lol!!!!!!!!! Today's special is 19 shards for only 500 crystals don't wait until tomorrow it will be too late :joy:
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    @Smapty yeah I guess as F2P there aren't many places that I can "surprise" the masses. So I went for Vader in Shard Shop. I started after a decent run of getting there but then it dried up. I'm hoping that RNG is just saving all my luck for a good run of appearances. I'm sure I'll regret this in the long run...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Vader is a beast... despite what anyone says. I was putting up absurd damage numbers with him long before mods were introduced... and now with Palp lead he has tremendous potential to be a key component of a top arena team

Empire is going to see a renaissance if and when tie pilot becomes a mainstream character.. He's super fast and his first turn (behind palp lead) is going to basically be a new and improved wiggs for eliminating a primary target... I don't know if many people have realized what his impact on arena is going to be in the right team.

The shift is coming... between him and shoretrooper it is going to make things very interesting
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    Almost two week no Vader shard in my shars shop, but last 3 day, i found 2,2, 4 shard. Be patient.
  • Vader is slow, which means he dies in top 10 arena before he moves...or if he is not targeted first, he is still a liability because of lack of speed and lack of dps, taking up a valuable spot that other toons who are much faster and hit way harder would be in, and any synergy with empire can never equal rebel synergy without a major overhaul
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    Vader is slow, which means he dies in top 10 arena before he moves...or if he is not targeted first, he is still a liability because of lack of speed and lack of dps, taking up a valuable spot that other toons who are much faster and hit way harder would be in, and any synergy with empire can never equal rebel synergy without a major overhaul

Only as slow as mods allow... he's the one hit kill king. I challenge anyone to "hit harder" than Vader when you have the right support around him.

His basic isnt meant to do a lot of damage but rather to nullify the opponent (especially if they are a Jedi) and if the other team doesn't have a cleanse he's doing a substantial amount of additional damage each turn with the dot from force crush.

With the power creep and changes to the game he lost some validity.... but then again he gained a little with the intro of the Emperor

He's a very user dependant character and suffers under AI control unfortunately... I don't use him currently in arena but I have used him often and for a long time previously and he always has a place somewhere in my roster (if only for being Vader)

His time will come...
  • Any shards to speed vader can go on another toon with faster base speed...that is what makes him slow, in comparison to rey, gs, qgj, wiggs, lando, he is your basic wet noodle...lastly, his damage with culling blade is completely dependant on his dots landing...tenacity up toons like rex (who is on most top 10 arena teams) block this from landing, and tenacity mods, makes vader even more impotent
  • FWIW Rex makes all toons who have debuffs in their tool kits impotent, not only Vader, but Rex REALLY neuters Vader, so his time isn't coming unless Rex is banned from arena
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Well Rex is pretty much at the top and the answer to any post. As F2P, he is not a viable option for me right now. So I'll build Vader and go from there. With Lando lead with STH, speed and Palp, Vader and RG, I have been able to neuter Rex in arena with a strategic ability block from Vader but it's a fairly rare occurence. Speed is still the king of the Arena anyway.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Lol why are you flushing your crystals down the toilet? As a f2p player that's the worst use of your crystals

Definitely a waste of crystals
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Smapty wrote: »
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    Vader is slow, which means he dies in top 10 arena before he moves...or if he is not targeted first, he is still a liability because of lack of speed and lack of dps, taking up a valuable spot that other toons who are much faster and hit way harder would be in, and any synergy with empire can never equal rebel synergy without a major overhaul

Only as slow as mods allow... he's the one hit kill king. I challenge anyone to "hit harder" than Vader when you have the right support around him.

Geo Spy, he gets bonus damage from debuffs AND buffs, on himself AND enemy. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that could easily put Vaders damage to shame.
  • I noticed as I got closer to finishing Vader, his shards appeared less and less. They will appear again just be patient.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    8/100. You're closer than most @Op :)
  • I had over a month of ZERO shards, either in shard shop or GW - for those lucky **** that get them at gw.
    Yesterday got 2+2 from the shard shop.
    RNG I guess. Still bad tho.
  • With crit and crit damage mods I still have him at 193 speed. He's not that slow.
  • Vader is all about controlling the other team. Omega on his crush and he applies speed down, which works remarkably well and hits almost always under Palp lead. Stack his AOE speed down with Palp's AOE stun, works very well. His ability block on basic stops JK Anakin from using his AOE, or QGJ from hopping around, or even keep Lando from making it rain. And when the time is right ... Culling Blade for a big DPS burst. 30-40k is not uncommon from the big guy.
    But without Palps, he quickly loses his worth.
  • Yeah, I haven't gotten a single Vader shard in my shop since I got him to 6* shortly after the Palp event. Before that though, I had him in there quite often, once even a double appearance. I guess things even out, patience will pay off.
    Vader is definitely worth it. He's completely viable (even at 6*); one of the tankiest characters in the game with great utility and occasionally throws out the highest damage attack in the game. The only thing he really suffers with is bad AI control and anti-debuff teams - assuming those teams even get the chance to use any anti-debuff abilities.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Well I'm 89 of 90 as of today. I still don't think it's a waste of crystals but i get the argument. Yeah the refresh of 100 sucks but I only do it once a day. Have gotten him twice under a refresh and twice naturally. I guess I was 81/100 when I started refreshing.