Questions from someone whos never been on the forums.. lots of questions

Maybe all these questions have been handled tenfold, but all I found was talk about Galactic War and the level cap increase.

1. All my heroes are equally maxed, so why on earth do my supports and tanks deal WAY more damage than my attackers (except maybe Sideous and Luke)
2. Why does leveling up Greedo's leader ability go from 40% to 15% bonus when you level it up?
3. Why do some characters have super high special damage and no attacks that deal special damage (admiral akbar and ima gun di). URoRRuR'R'R has great special damage, special crit, and special breakthrough and no way to deal special damage....
4. Why are themed buffs weaker than general buffs? Take Urorurrr vs Chewbacca. They both give roughly the same defense but Urorurrr give it to Tuskens (the 1 other one) and half to other allies. And everybody starts with Chewbacca, so hes just the more obvious leader choice. How about HK-47's critical chance buff for droids only when Sideious gives roughly the same to everyone AND bonus critical damage.
5. There is a TON of droid hate, and a bit of Jedi hate. Why not some sith hate since all I face in ranked is Maul, Opress, Sideous, and Dooku's?
6. Besides the achievement what are the point of allies? You don't need allies to call for an ally in non ranked battles. You can't check their progress or see how they are doing or trade (which would be awesome).
7. What does power represent? It doesn't represent total stats, doesn't seem to be effected by upgrading moves or gear. What is it?

These may just seem like a pile of gripes, but if they were I would be talking about that forced tutorial that I have to sit through whenever I am logged out of google play. Maybe somebody has some insight to some of this.
Thanks!

Replies

• 1) when you say equally matched do you mean gear, stars, level, and abilities? A high starred Chewy might do more damage than say a 1 star geonosian soldier. But a 4 star geo will do 3x the damage of a chewy.

2) probably a tooltip error. There are a lot of them. Rely on swgoh cantina for stats.

3) it's dumb. I almost feel like they do it for fun since they know the damage will never get used.

4) some buffs are just better than others. Usually the themed buffs are just a little stronger so if you run characters of the same type in theory they could be more powerful. Unfortunately in reality most powerful groups are mixed. Only Jedi and droids (and maybe first order) have enough guys and good enough bonuses for it to be worthwhile.

5) Sid hate is real but ironically he's considered powerful but not over powerful even though he is almost certainly the most used leader in the game along with Phasma. Because most of his power is due to anti-heal and crit bonuses which tend to feel less powerful than multi attacks or huge damage shots.

6) if you use allies you get more ally points which means more bronzium packs. Also some allies are really powerful and help clear hard levels that demand specific toons to counter crazy proc enemy bosses

7) it's a combination of star level, gear level, and level... uh... level. Toons at level 60 peaked around 4500. Now they're around 5500 at level 70. Squad power level is the combination of your 5 arena fighters. It was peaking around 24k but now will probably be close to 28k.
  • 1. All my heroes are equally maxed, so why on earth do my supports and tanks deal WAY more damage than my attackers? The class system doesn't accurately judge a characters strengths and weakeness. Luminara for example has the best heal but us classed as an attacker.
    2. Why does leveling up Greedo's leader ability go from 40% to 15% bonus when you level it up? Lv 1 ability tooltips often show the information of one of its higher levels.
    3. Why do some characters have super high special damage and no attacks that deal special damage. URoRRuR'R'R has great special damage, special crit, and special breakthrough and no way to deal special damage... It's a mystery. Dev oversight probably.
    4. Why are themed buffs weaker than general buffs? Take Urorurrr vs Chewbacca. They both give roughly the same defense but Urorurrr give it to Tuskens (the 1 other one) and half to other allies. And everybody starts with Chewbacca, so hes just the more obvious leader choice. How about HK-47's critical chance buff for droids only when Sideious gives roughly the same to everyone AND bonus critical damage. Their higher level leader abilities are much better for their synergy. HK47 for example gives extra turn meter when a droid crits
    5. There is a TON of droid hate, and a bit of Jedi hate. Why not some sith hate since all I face in ranked is Maul, Opress, Sideous, and Dooku's? There are less of them and very easy strats to take them out. Qui-Gon and Old Ben are amazing with little trade off.
    6. Besides the achievement what are the point of allies? You don't need allies to call for an ally in non ranked battles. You can't check their progress or see how they are doing or trade (which would be awesome). Allies are better in later stages. Most computer allies will never go over 3*. You also get double ally points for using them.
    7. What does power represent? It doesn't represent total stats, doesn't seem to be effected by upgrading moves or gear. What is it? It is in fact determined by your stats. Every time you level, star up, or add gear your power will increase.