Suggestion: Leader abilities should stop upon death

Zooey
1607 posts Member
It only makes sense.

It'd also greatly benefit tanky leaders like OB and HK over the likes of Wedge, Lando, and Rex. Would make the game a lot more balanced.

Replies

• Options
    It makes no sense. Leaders don't stop having influence over those they lead, upon their death. That's what makes them leaders.
  • Options
    Everyone would run Old Ben again
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It would be a direct nerf to leaders like EP and Dooku.
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Everyone would run Old Ben again

Yeah, and Old Ben does NOT need "buff" like that.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    It makes no sense. Leaders don't stop having influence over those they lead, upon their death. That's what makes them leaders.

Does Rex keeps ordering his squad to stay disciplined after death?

Did Palpatine continue to direct the Empire after he died?
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

Did Obi Wan forget how to be fast after QGJ died?
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

They still had influence. Think Old Ben and Yoda were forgotten by Luke upon their death? Nope. Even in real life it rings very true.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Lore and logic aside... Wiggs exists. So no leader abilities for anyone. Ever. Have fun in the game then
  • Options
    It can't be done by itself.
    Leaders would get huge crosshairs on their backs and foreheads (headshot!) and for that they should have survivability to counter.
    e.g.:
    1) Leaders get 50% crit damage and increased defense. i.e. an attack with +50% crit damage does only +25% damage on a leader. a +100% damage does only +50% damage on a leader.
    2) Leaders get increased max health and protection and regen.
    3) Leaders get a tenacity roll vs. one debuff on them whenever they get a turn for an early dispel of the debuff.

That would make things interesting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I like the way you're thinking. Personally i would rather see some leader abi's changed into unique abilities.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    No, never got why people want this. Not only does it not make sense, I doubt they can program this without breaking 500 aspects of the game so for the love of everything that's holy, don't.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Leader abilities are great as they are

It's reliable and you can build a strong team with the leader abilities

I'm sure arena would be much easier for me if leader abilities died on killing the leader

but synergies would be pretty dull and everyone will start defaulting to tank leaders
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Considering these are all warriors, shouldn't they all be inspired and rally to the death of a commander....basically if this is implemented then every leader should have an OB style upon death buff grant.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Alright maybe not have the leader abilities disappear entirely, but be reduced to 50% effectiveness or something and rebalanced to compensate. I just think it'd add an interesting dynamic since you'd have more decisions to make when targeting.