For the love of RNGesus, can we PLEASE get a slider in Arena?

Honestly, I'm past having to tap refresh every time I want to find the opponent I want to play. Sitting at #13 and can't see #9 unless I refresh for 10 minutes straight.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    It's funny cause sometimes I'm sitting at 5th and want to hit 2nd but the game keeps showing 1st!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I don't like this idea. People getting tired of hitting refresh and just making an attack is one of the only ways a non-meta team can go under the radar. But if everybody could see every possible opponent, anyone running mid/low tier teams would get attacked way more often.
  • +1 for this idea, its so annoying and non-sensical now
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    it is a little bit hard to implement because the higher rank you are it is possible to attack less places ahead (not sure that my English is correct) I think that under 100 you can attack 9 places ahead which is ok to show with slider, but if you are at position 1500 it is possible to attack a few hundred ahead...

EDIT: I also like the idea - I think they can make to allow attack from rank table if you met certain requirements - to be under 100 position and to choose no more than 9 ahead.. etc
  • I would only support this idea if opponent's team wasn't viewable. That way people who play mid/low tier characters aren't punished more than they already are.
  • Teague wrote: »
    I would only support this idea if opponent's team wasn't viewable. That way people who play mid/low tier characters aren't punished more than they already are.

You are not serious - you hope that will be in top 100 just because they will not see you ?!?
  • I just wish I could filter out all the Wiggs teams
  • Calaval wrote: »
    I just wish I could filter out all the Wiggs teams

:smile: this is more advanced feature. think of how much time gets to have a filter for characters..
    I hope you are teenager so you can live to see this :smile:
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Teague wrote: »
    I would only support this idea if opponent's team wasn't viewable. That way people who play mid/low tier characters aren't punished more than they already are.
    That makes zero sense, I'm attacking lowest number in rankings anyways regardless of who is on their team.

• pac0naut wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm past having to tap refresh every time I want to find the opponent I want to play. Sitting at #13 and can't see #9 unless I refresh for 10 minutes straight.

Seriously!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • pargame wrote: »

You are not serious - you hope that will be in top 100 just because they will not see you ?!?

Absolutely. I climb up to around 60 every day, just to log on after work and see that I'm now 200+... and rarely do I ever get a under 100 payout. If everyone could see my team in a list of opponents, I'd probably fall way more than I already do. My team would just be a target.

This is one reason I would prefer opponents team be unrevealed until you attack. That would help players like me hold rank much better.
  • Teague wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »

Absolutely. I climb up to around 60 every day, just to log on after work and see that I'm now 200+... and rarely do I ever get a under 100 payout. If everyone could see my team in a list of opponents, I'd probably fall way more than I already do. My team would just be a target.

This is one reason I would prefer opponents team be unrevealed until you attack. That would help players like me hold rank much better.

I think you are wrong - you are sneaking ahead because your opponents are in different time zone so it is not their payout time..
  • pargame wrote: »

I think you are wrong - you are sneaking ahead because your opponents are in different time zone so it is not their payout time..

Payout time has nothing to do with people ranking below 100. The idea of "sniping" a spot last minute is for people ranking top 10.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    So, you don't want them to see that you are easy to beat?? Maybe change your Arena team mate?

Not being a **** mate, but on your last go change out to a defensive team and people will avoid you, that's how you keep rank, not by being invisible (IMO).
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member

You would hold rank better if you spaced your matches out, say you start at 100 in this example, you play match 1 before work and climb to 88 or so, log in a while later and maybe you're at 110, play a match and back up to 90-95ish, get home from work and might be 120ish, at least this way you're staying near the same rank all day with playing few matches then you have your last matches still to go and can finish top 50-60 area without having to struggle climbing back from 200ish later on.

• Goldy wrote: »
    So, you don't want them to see that you are easy to beat?? Maybe change your Arena team mate?

Not being a **** mate, but on your last go change out to a defensive team and people will avoid you, that's how you keep rank, not by being invisible (IMO).

So the solution is to run the same team as everyone else? No thanks. They need to balance the game better.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016

Payout time has nothing to do with people ranking below 100. The idea of "sniping" a spot last minute is for people ranking top 10.

Sorry but I don't think so - I am in top 100 but also start to play Arena battles around one hour before payout and also during the night I loose positions... but I still want to optimize this refresh :smile:
  • RU486 wrote: »

You would hold rank better if you spaced your matches out, say you start at 100 in this example, you play match 1 before work and climb to 88 or so, log in a while later and maybe you're at 110, play a match and back up to 90-95ish, get home from work and might be 120ish, at least this way you're staying near the same rank all day with playing few matches then you have your last matches still to go and can finish top 50-60 area without having to struggle climbing back from 200ish later on.

This might be sound strategy. I'll have to try it. My usual schedule for arena is, 3 matches right after midnight, then 2 more in the morning. I think I'll try your way.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    RU486 wrote: »

This might be sound strategy. I'll have to try it. My usual schedule for arena is, 3 matches right after midnight, then 2 more in the morning. I think I'll try your way.
    Yup that is how I did it back in the day, held consistently and if I bought a refresh which I rarely do I'd finish higher and hold rank at that spot by doing the same thing, spacing them out.

• Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Goldy wrote: »

So the solution is to run the same team as everyone else? No thanks. They need to balance the game better.

Where did I say 'run the same as everyone else?' I said run a defensive team, such as people running counter attacking teams etc. And as an aside, a lot of people will avoid a team they haven't seen before because they don't know what to expect, so it ain't exactly 'running the same as everyone else'.