Character Strategy- Shoretrooper

2Next

Replies

• Most_Licey
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have the same quandry. Crit avoidance or protection would be preferred so he lives longer. But if you don't speed him up, speedy opponents can get two turns before he gets his crit immunity up. Another problem is that if you run him alongside STH, he needs to be fast enough so that his tm fills when STH taunts. I'm using a speed arrow now, but not liking it. I guess I just need better speed secondaries, lol. Which is ironic, since shore was supposed to be a counter to the "I have the best speed secondaries so I win" meta.

I'm all for making toons farmeable. But as a F2P that spent tons of crystals to unlock him, it would be a punch in the gut if he were made easily farmeable anytime soon. The right solution here is to put him in regular shipments or in the shard shop, just like Baze. Yes, you can farm him, but it's going to hurt. And for those who have him unlocked, at least there's a path forward to getting him starred up.
  • Most_Licey wrote: »
    I have the same quandry. Crit avoidance or protection would be preferred so he lives longer. But if you don't speed him up, speedy opponents can get two turns before he gets his crit immunity up. Another problem is that if you run him alongside STH, he needs to be fast enough so that his tm fills when STH taunts. I'm using a speed arrow now, but not liking it. I guess I just need better speed secondaries, lol. Which is ironic, since shore was supposed to be a counter to the "I have the best speed secondaries so I win" meta.

I'm all for making toons farmeable. But as a F2P that spent tons of crystals to unlock him, it would be a punch in the gut if he were made easily farmeable anytime soon. The right solution here is to put him in regular shipments or in the shard shop, just like Baze. Yes, you can farm him, but it's going to hurt. And for those who have him unlocked, at least there's a path forward to getting him starred up.

Totally agree but I have 15 shards for him. I can't wait to get him
  • Crit avoidance is the best arrow for tanks IMO. You want them alive to do their job, and that really can help.
  • Imbicatus wrote: »
    Crit avoidance is the best arrow for tanks IMO. You want them alive to do their job, and that really can help.

A 5* arrow with protection has the same basic effect - lets you take more damage without dying.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Imbicatus wrote: »
    Crit avoidance is the best arrow for tanks IMO. You want them alive to do their job, and that really can help.

A 5* arrow with protection has the same basic effect - lets you take more damage without dying.

Except denying crits can deny some of the synergy for characters that feed off of crits. Granted the crit chance stat is so bloated in this game that it is all but impossible to deny crits at any regular rate but it can be more beneficial from the side effect side of things (thinking droids/rebels and their bonuses from crits as example).
  • I think it's best to put the 30 arrow on him and just focus on secondaries with good protection and health. You want this guy to get his taunt up as fast as possible so you get the crit protection too.
  • I'd like him farmable, but not easily...... no way in anything like arena shipments. Maybe only in one Cantina battle like Wedge, Imperial TIE and Lando (technically Lando is in 2 cantinas) but on stage 9 something pretty difficult....then people can't say he's not farmable, but it makes people work hard to farm him so he's still incredibly rare, and we wouldnt see level 70 players with him this way. To be honest I don't like Vader shards in fleet shipments- I spent a year completing achievements to 7* him, now he's becoming not as rare... hope that doesn't happen to Shoretrooper.
  • Really depends on your team mix and who you face on your shard. Against lots of fast Wiggs I'd go with crit avoidance to help get through the initial barrage. Landokin style teams, speed. I'd go either of these, rather than protection and try to get lucky on a crit avoidance with speed secondaries.

Xio
  • Is Shoretrooper viable at 3*? I really want to change to my Empire team and don't know if i can use him on my arena team.
  • Yeah hes viable at 3 star for sure, just get him to max gear and good mods.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Yeah hes viable at 3 star for sure, just get him to max gear and good mods.

Its good because pretaunt , his role is simply - defend palpatine and TFP.

Mod is very simple too - I recommend HP set x3 ( ideal protection on Arrow, Triangle, Circle, Plus) sekundary HP/Def is nice too
  • I have shore and Vader both at 6*
    Both are gear 9... which should I take to gear 10 first?

Team is:
    Palp
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    [Modular]
  • Weaver9 wrote: »
    I have shore and Vader both at 6*
    Both are gear 9... which should I take to gear 10 first?

Team is:
    Palp
    Vader
    Shore
    TFP
    [Modular]

I'd say shore as he needs a lot of health to soak up damage.
  • Do I need to focus on speed for shore? If yes, what is his optimal speed?

Does he need potency? If yes, how much?

So far I have excellent prot mods but those leave his speed and pot "as is".
  • DarthGozu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you get some eyes on his cooldown? Its not being reduces when losing buffs.

Yes and also investigate his Stand Guard because it does always heal and provide TM when using EP specials while shore trooper has taunt up.

In my opinion this character is a broken reward from a broken tournament. It brings no alternative to the Wiggs Meta other than being part of the said Wiggs Meta. An empire squad is a no threat to a Lando + Wiggs + SThan setup with or without shore trooper. Not only he won't even have time to use his basic attack or his Regroup ability but in almost every situations the Empire squad is bound to lose on speed and tm removal from SThan and will receive 4 AoE in the face before even issuing a single action. It is quite frustrating to see the tm bars melted down by speedy StHan even on a team with Emperor Palpatine leader and its 32% potency removal from rebels.... something wrong in happening there as well.
    In terms of game play the current meta is absolute garbage that requires as much brain cells as it takes to push the auto combat button. It wins on burst damage, initiative, speed and turn meter so it is no surprise that shore trooper is not enough to bring balance between empire and rebels. If you can't beat them then join them is the best advice for now and to remain competitive rebel squad is the way to go. Squeeze in Sun Fac or Rex for the win. Counter squads might shine in attack against the meta but they do not cut it in defence against players that manage their single target and aoe properly.

It is funny because instead of balancing Rebels and Empire (were Empire is at disadvantage) they gave the Rebel a "better(broken/OP) Shoretrooper" Baze Malbus the immortal
  • DarthGozu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you get some eyes on his cooldown? Its not being reduces when losing buffs.

Yes and also investigate his Stand Guard because it does always heal and provide TM when using EP specials while shore trooper has taunt up.

In my opinion this character is a broken reward from a broken tournament. It brings no alternative to the Wiggs Meta other than being part of the said Wiggs Meta. An empire squad is a no threat to a Lando + Wiggs + SThan setup with or without shore trooper. Not only he won't even have time to use his basic attack or his Regroup ability but in almost every situations the Empire squad is bound to lose on speed and tm removal from SThan and will receive 4 AoE in the face before even issuing a single action. It is quite frustrating to see the tm bars melted down by speedy StHan even on a team with Emperor Palpatine leader and its 32% potency removal from rebels.... something wrong in happening there as well.
    In terms of game play the current meta is absolute garbage that requires as much brain cells as it takes to push the auto combat button. It wins on burst damage, initiative, speed and turn meter so it is no surprise that shore trooper is not enough to bring balance between empire and rebels. If you can't beat them then join them is the best advice for now and to remain competitive rebel squad is the way to go. Squeeze in Sun Fac or Rex for the win. Counter squads might shine in attack against the meta but they do not cut it in defence against players that manage their single target and aoe properly.

It is funny that instead of balancing Rebel vs Empire war (were Rebels have a HUGE advantage) they gave the Rebels "a better (broken/OP/Godly/UNBALANCED) Shoretrooper, Baze Malbus the immortal... (because... l dont know, rebels needs help they are weak cofcofsarcasm)
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Shoretrooper
    • Now has the "Imperial Trooper" category.

Special: Regroup
    • Now grants Health and Critical Immunity to Shoretrooper.

Unique: Stand Guard
    • Gains: "While Shoretrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +10% Max Health."

Imperial Trooper Updates
    Imperial Trooper Updates - ***MEGATHREAD***