Pimp my Arena team

Just hit level 56 and am ranked about 300 in arena. My current team is:

53 3* Phasma (Leader -gear 6)
56 5* Sid (gear7)
56 5* Lumi (gear 7)
55 4* Fives (gear 6)
55 3* Poe (gear 6)

I almost have Poe at 4* from shipments, he seems best for arena? My Phasma is weak but her leader ability seems to help. Teams getting harder now. Suggestions? Also, who should I be gearing?

Also have:

55 4* Luke
54 3*Dooku
49 4* Chewy

Talia, Ashoka, Jawa and others I dont usually use too.

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I think you need to focus on one powerful single target attacker. There are probably other roads you can take but pretty sure that would give your team some punch.
  • Options
    Ok - who would you suggest? Also farming Kylo, like everyone else. Only half-way there though.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    If you go for Kylo then scratch what I said and go for an aoe team? I wonder how brutal POE, phasma, Sid, Kylo, and i88 could be...
  • Options
    Hrm didn't consider that. Will take a while for Kylo still and haven't even started i88.

Is Poe really only useful for Arena? And he's very gear-dependent, right?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Hrm didn't consider that. Will take a while for Kylo still and haven't even started i88.

Is Poe really only useful for Arena? And he's very gear-dependent, right?

Gear dependent, yes. Why? SPEED and health.
    I could definitely see him used in GW but I never use tanks there. You would have to keep him alive which could be tricky in GW. In arena by the time he dies in many cases he's won you the match.

I only gave you one suggestion. There are a lot of possibilities with what you have. You don't have to go all out aoe. I was just trying to give Kylo a place in your line up. I just imagine he's best in that type of team but I've seen him do well in others
  • Options
    Ok thank you man. Can I ask who your lineup/lineups is/are?
  • CantonSam
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kylo does too little damage than he should and out of sight quickly.

Too make your game easier and more funny.. focus on a Farmable Glass Canon, and I prefer GS>Luke>FOTP.

Your team should look like this
    1.Sid (lead) max
    2.Lumi (heal&damage&ability block) max (before phasma)
    3.GS (very high DPS) max
    4.Poe (taunt, best in arena but not in PvE) keep farming, so there's no room for Fives.
    5.Changable Luke/Dooku/kylo/JC/bariss/phasma but do not pay attention for them too much
  • Options
    CantonSam wrote: »
    Your team should look like this

That's ridiculous, there's no such thing as a one size fits all "what your team should look like".

I'm on a mature server where the top 200 is all level 60 and up 6*/7* 20-23k+ power, I'm almost always top 5, never lower than top 10, and I finished first 4/7 days this week including yesterday and the day before, back to back, even without spending crystals on Arena refreshes (though I did spring for 50 crystals only, on one of the earlier finishes).

I run Phasma as Leader, Sid, Lumi, Kylo and Daka.

No taunter, no GS, and at the top, Bariss is a non starter in Arena, she's completely inappropriate since she does no damage, it's like running with only 4 guys. Glass cannon teams almost always need a taunter but who says you need to run a squad with a glass cannon in the first place?

There's also a guy in the top 5 everyday on my server who's running a droid team fronted by IG-88 (though for the previous 6 weeks it was HK) and I don't touch him, his team is that good on defense with the right RNG.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Just hit level 56 and am ranked about 300 in arena. My current team is:

53 3* Phasma (Leader -gear 6)
    56 5* Sid (gear7)
    56 5* Lumi (gear 7)
    55 4* Fives (gear 6)
    55 3* Poe (gear 6)

I almost have Poe at 4* from shipments, he seems best for arena? My Phasma is weak but her leader ability seems to help. Teams getting harder now. Suggestions? Also, who should I be gearing?

Also have:

55 4* Luke
    54 3*Dooku
    49 4* Chewy

Talia, Ashoka, Jawa and others I dont usually use too.

That was my first team. Decent on offense if you use Poe right to offense down debuff behind 5's slowing them...but wasn't holding on defense as there isn't enough oomph. With the AI on defense, Poe sacrifices himself for nothing. Sid does his AoE, so does Phasma. Meanwhile, they heal that and focus down Sid and Lumi while the AI spreads the offense, not doing a great deal of damage. I did make it to #38 with that team though...and then fell all the way back to fighting for top 100. :(

I got Kylo recently and am real close to Dooku which could make a counter team but still, not thinking there is enough oomph for the AI to run against anything other than an AoE team. Kylo does hit soft on his regular & AoE but that doesn't last when you get him up there in gear and stars according to the stats I've seen. Going to take me time to get him up there. I want to add Geo Soldier and Resistance Pilot at some point. It is going to take months but we'll have good teams after a while.

Your top 3 should be good for awhile, though - so focus on Phasma, Sid, and Lumi for now. Luke will give you oomph so continue gearing and farming him since you've already spent good resources on him. You should also choose between Poe and 5's and not split them.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Thanks all. Hey Jabber - can I ask what gear level and stars your team is with Phasma as the Lead? Do you think Poe may be unnecessary? I'm pretty much just using him for his AoE debuff. I like Fives a lot b/c he counters and slows so often, and doesn't die easily. he maybe not be best for arena though.