Lower droprates on lower-tier nodes?

Ring
559 posts Member
First of all, let me say this is not one of those "droprate conspiracy" threads, more of a question. And yes, I AM aware that RNGods rule everything.

Been trying to farm Lando recently and thought that since he's available in the lowest tier of Cantina battles, spending the same amount of energy will give me more shards (15 attempts in 1E vs 10 attempts in 5F). Imagine my surprise when several times in a row I got 0/15, 1/15. The highest anount was 2/15. So I tried 5F. 4/10, 3/10... The LOWEST I got was 2/10.

So is it possible that if one character is available in two nodes, the "cheaper" one has lowered droprates to prevent excessive farming? Or were th RNGods simply against me on this one?

Replies

• I've been farming Lando at the lower node for a few days now and get approx 1 shard for every 2 sim.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Ok. So it's just me then. Thanks :)
  • When I got my Lando it was 1/3 drop rate/ish so not too bad. I have heard a lot of people since struggling with the drops. I'm currently trying to unlock Aayla and her drop rate is so horrid that I may just try and farm speed mods and hope they put her on one of the new light or dark nodes.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Better odds at the higher nodes. At least that's what I notice. Best ofc are the ones that cost 16 Cantina Energy per pull.
  • Brandonρ
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    No, do the lower node and sim 2 battles at a time. Then post your results and you'll find that the drop rate is just fine and doing anything above 3 battles at a time is a bad idea. It's like in gambling, does it make sense to gamble all your money away at once in hopes of getting lucky or would it be better to do $20 at a time and play those odds over and over again? In my time of farming lando, wedge, and Anakin, I find that doing two battles at a time normalizes and ups the drop rate no matter the cantina cost, only difference is the other rewards and the cost itself. Oh and btw, this trick works across the game so use it when farming gear, mods, shards, or anything else for that matter in future updates that require energy. Hope it works for you
  • I maxed Lando in less than 2 weeks using the cheaper node. I think the only difference is the amount of credits and tokens gained per unit of energy.
  • Here are my calculations on the abysmal drop rate for a toon I'm farming:
    120+45=165 free daily cantina energy
    120+120+120+120 (4 refills)
    645 total x 7 days = 4515
    61 shards/4515 = .01351052
    13% drop rate SMH
    The last time I farmed a cantina toon, and when the costs for refreshes were more expensive, it was at 24%.
    Either way the rate blows.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    4515 is the energy you spent. So I take it you were farming a character requiring 10 energy per battle?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Brandonρ wrote: »
    No, do the lower node and sim 2 battles at a time.

Thank you so much. I tried this and HOLY SHARD RAIN, BATMAN! With a full refill (120 energy) giving me 15 attempts, using two sims at time, I got 8 shards! Amazing. Thanks a lot!