Nightsisters: Time for a buff?

I know this is my first thread and I may not be entirely familiar with the forums, (even though I frequently read posts) I feel like I need to ask if the nightsisters deserve a buff. The only nightsister out of the five that's relevant in the current meta is Daka thanks to her stuns, and (pretty unreliable) revives, followed by talia, who acts as a healer for starters and people too lazy to get another healer mid-game. The nightsisters overall aren't too bad in stats (except the crit-based acolyte who only has a 25% crit chance with her abilities anyways), no the problem lies in their total lack of synergy. For anyone who's seen the nightsisters in the clone wars series or in other star wars games, they would know how much these assassins of the darkness synergize with each other, and how deadly they really are. Ventress Is a HUGE character in every clone wars series and video game, with fast attacks and surprising strength, but in this game, she's a slow excuse for a replacement of Ahsoka Tano or a dispeller. Personally, I love using the nightsisters with their high self-healing rates and fairly reliable damage, but their lack of synergies like the rebels or empire of even the ever-worsening jedi meta teams gives them little in-game purpose aside from soloing half of the galactic war with their heals.

Replies

• Feel like the nightsisters were thrown into the game at the beginning without a clear plan for them and the devs are stuck/don't care. I mean, look at Jawas; 3 of the 5 didn't exist until a few months ago and they already have their own Mod Sim and the rumors I read on here say they'll be essential for the new raid that's forthcoming. It also makes no sense that 3 of the 5 nightsisters have leader abilities.

I agree they need a buff, just think the fact that they don't appear in any of the films makes the community and the devs care about them less and therefore there's no urgency to make them viable/relevant. I do agree though that Daka is a solid toon I run her in my arena team and my GW A-squad.
  • They simply need a buff to synergy that's unparalleled to any other synergy in the game. For example you talk about Daka's unreliable revive, well how about a 100% revive chance to NS toons as long as Talia and Daka are both alive. Ventriss could do with a complete overhaul and possibly a team heal as opposed to her current self heal. Also how about a taunt on the tanky NS. Overall the NS need a rework but as we saw with Empire toons after EP was released, it is possible to make a group of toons relevant basically overnight.
  • They simply need a buff to synergy that's unparalleled to any other synergy in the game. For example you talk about Daka's unreliable revive, well how about a 100% revive chance to NS toons as long as Talia and Daka are both alive. Ventriss could do with a complete overhaul and possibly a team heal as opposed to her current self heal. Also how about a taunt on the tanky NS. Overall the NS need a rework but as we saw with Empire toons after EP was released, it is possible to make a group of toons relevant basically overnight.

All very good suggestions. Agree 100%. They could be a very threatening composition given the right tweaks.
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    They simply need a buff to synergy that's unparalleled to any other synergy in the game. For example you talk about Daka's unreliable revive, well how about a 100% revive chance to NS toons as long as Talia and Daka are both alive. Ventriss could do with a complete overhaul and possibly a team heal as opposed to her current self heal. Also how about a taunt on the tanky NS. Overall the NS need a rework but as we saw with Empire toons after EP was released, it is possible to make a group of toons relevant basically overnight.

All very good suggestions. Agree 100%. They could be a very threatening composition given the right tweaks.

Yeah but they also have to balance the line between being too good and relevant in Arena. Additionally if the release a toon like EP for NS then they would have to release it as a f2p option which would be their best bet. Skip the Chromium pack exclusive step and go straight to a f2p option. Every other NS is f2p so if they made the one toon that makes them relevant then they cannot make them p2p if they want to avoid backlash from everybody that farms them in anticipation for the new NS toon if they release one.

Very true, the NI has always had the highest power in the game, and currently boasts the second highest health in the game, her case is like lumi, Why isn't lumi a healer? Why isn't NI a tank? These are the questions that need to be answered and you make a very good point about giving squads synergies. Seriously, the night sisters are so strong with the force that they can easily defeat jedi, as displayed by savage opress, Ventress, and Ahsoka being a jedi herself, yet born a nightsister. Basically, the nightsisters are a species not unlike the sith themselves in their knowledge of the force.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    They simply need a buff to synergy that's unparalleled to any other synergy in the game. For example you talk about Daka's unreliable revive, well how about a 100% revive chance to NS toons as long as Talia and Daka are both alive. Ventriss could do with a complete overhaul and possibly a team heal as opposed to her current self heal. Also how about a taunt on the tanky NS. Overall the NS need a rework but as we saw with Empire toons after EP was released, it is possible to make a group of toons relevant basically overnight.

Very true, the NI has always had the highest power in the game, and currently boasts the second highest health in the game, her case is like lumi, Why isn't lumi a healer? Why isn't NI a tank? These are the questions that need to be answered and you make a very good point about giving squads synergies. Seriously, the night sisters are so strong with the force that they can easily defeat jedi, as displayed by savage opress, Ventress, and Ahsoka being a jedi herself, yet born a nightsister. Basically, the nightsisters are a species not unlike the sith themselves in their knowledge of the force.

Ashoka wasn't a Nightsister. And Savage and Assajj were never Jedi. I get what you meant though. The NS challenge the intellectual might of Dooku, despite being planets away and crippling Dooku from that great distance with their combined connection to the force. Additionally until Daka and Mother Talzin were killed none of the Nightsisters were ever truly dead. That could easily be implemented in this game with a new toon in the form of Mother Talzin having a unique instead of a leader ability that works similar to Wiggs synergizing with one other toon in the form of Daka. As long as those two are alive no other Nightsister allies can die (i.e. 100% revive chance at 50% max health). It's not OP on its own like Wiggs is so you would have to synergize with a full NS squad to fully benifit from that synergy. That with a reworked Assajj, a NI with a taunt for being a tank, and possibly a Savage synergy (possibly a massive damage boost and health boost) or a rework of NA that actually heals the team on a critical hit.
  • I rememeber when the empire was a crap synergy until palp came out and played to what strengths they had, health and debuffing, we already know who could full that roll for the sisters in talzin
    latest?cb=20130521040435
    So what are the nightsisters consistently good at? Self heal (excluding initiate) and crits, so maybe something like "nightsister allies gain x% crit chance and recover y% of health when they score a critical hit" other than that the main problem they have is speed so maybe an ability that gives speed up, turn meter, or add to the leader "in addition all nightsister allies gain X speed" or even fuse this all together "all nightsister allies gain x% crit chance and recover y% of their max health and gain z% turn meter whenever they land a crit" as for her other abilities she could use a force lightning ability, possibly conjure a sword to use, and a defensive bubble shield which could work as a defence and/or protection up
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I rememeber when the empire was a **** synergy until palp came out and played to what strengths they had, health and debuffing, we already know who could full that roll for the sisters in talzin
    latest?cb=20130521040435
    So what are the nightsisters consistently good at? Self heal (excluding initiate) and crits, so maybe something like "nightsister allies gain x% crit chance and recover y% of health when they score a critical hit" other than that the main problem they have is speed so maybe an ability that gives speed up, turn meter, or add to the leader "in addition all nightsister allies gain X speed" or even fuse this all together "all nightsister allies gain x% crit chance and recover y% of their max health and gain z% turn meter whenever they land a crit" as for her other abilities she could use a force lightning ability, possibly conjure a sword to use, and a defensive bubble shield which could work as a defence and/or protection up

I like all of that, but I think that they could very easily have revive chance be boosted like I suggested due to that being a huge turning point in the battle against the droids. They were all dead and then just like nothing they all got back up and continued fighting. I like the protection up ability idea. Maybe make Talzin a healer, but the first protection healer. Instead of health she could restore protection while they all retain their high self heals.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I rememeber when the empire was a **** synergy until palp came out and played to what strengths they had, health and debuffing, we already know who could full that roll for the sisters in talzin
    latest?cb=20130521040435
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Ashoka wasn't a Nightsister. And Savage and Assajj were never Jedi. I get what you meant though. The NS challenge the intellectual might of Dooku, despite being planets away and crippling Dooku from that great distance with their combined connection to the force. Additionally until Daka and Mother Talzin were killed none of the Nightsisters were ever truly dead. That could easily be implemented in this game with a new toon in the form of Mother Talzin having a unique instead of a leader ability that works similar to Wiggs synergizing with one other toon in the form of Daka. As long as those two are alive no other Nightsister allies can die (i.e. 100% revive chance at 50% max health). It's not OP on its own like Wiggs is so you would have to synergize with a full NS squad to fully benifit from that synergy. That with a reworked Assajj, a NI with a taunt for being a tank, and possibly a Savage synergy (possibly a massive damage boost and health boost) or a rework of NA that actually heals the team on a critical hit.

A few coorections here, I never said savage and ventress were jedi, ahsoka was rescued by Plo Koon from Dathomir (where she was born), and the NI does have a reliable self heal at 20 or 25% self heal from gear.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20130521040435
    MmoProNick wrote: »

A few coorections here, I never said savage and ventress were jedi, ahsoka was rescued by Plo Koon from Dathomir (where she was born), and the NI does have a reliable self heal at 20 or 25% self heal from gear.

Just because she was rescued from that Planet doesn't mean she was a NS. If anything that just proves that she was never a NS she was too young to be one.
  • Moving to Feedback: Characters
This discussion has been closed.