Ashoka Tano

Prev1
What mods should I rep on Ashoka current 7*G9

Replies

• A lot of people think Ahsoka Tano aren't worth it, but I see a lot of benefits with her. She's great when teamed up with Anakin. You can easily trigger his unique multiple times, plus she can hit incredibly hard. What I'd do is make sure the arrow has crit avoidance so she doesn't lose her unique buffs. Then I'd have crit damage/crit chance set mods focusing on secondary speed and health. You could also use health set mods instead as her basic and special healing capabilities rely on her max health.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • I have full geared Ahsoka. Ahsoka is neutral toon. No good no bad :). Rey, Fotp, GS, IGxx, Wings.... are better.
  • What I did with mine is I gave her speed arrow, crit damage triangle, offense cross, and protection circle. Gave her crit damage and health sets. The crit damage is good on her because she's a crit based attacker with the highest base critical rating in the game and I gave her a health set to get more utility out of her group heal. For secondary stats, I would look for speed and offense and crit chance. The more attacks she gets and the harder she hits the better.

I do think she's a very viable but she get unfairly maligned because she's difficult to use. I think she needs to be paired up with an assist caller to get her extra attacks and more chances at a finishing blow. She has really good synergy with Aayla, Qui Gon, Geonosian Soldier, and Biggs among others. She's also really good under an Anakin lead
  • What I did with mine is I gave her speed arrow, crit damage triangle, offense cross, and protection circle. Gave her crit damage and health sets. The crit damage is good on her because she's a crit based attacker with the highest base critical rating in the game and I gave her a health set to get more utility out of her group heal. For secondary stats, I would look for speed and offense and crit chance. The more attacks she gets and the harder she hits the better.

I do think she's a very viable but she get unfairly maligned because she's difficult to use. I think she needs to be paired up with an assist caller to get her extra attacks and more chances at a finishing blow. She has really good synergy with Aayla, Qui Gon, Geonosian Soldier, and Biggs among others. She's also really good under an Anakin lead

Yeah man got gear 10 aayala and QGJ need to gear anakin but toying with the idea of encorperating kit gusto in
  • Imho she is the best b-toon in the game. She fits in nearly every setup. E.g. I use her in my GW-Team node 1-9,
    she does quite good in raids, did good in tourney.....
  • Her special on rancor is usually 8-10k
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Haven't been able to justify the gear to max on her yet. But at gear 8 with some OK 5 dot mods she does decent damage. I think crit avoidance is important on the arrow since nearly everyone I face runs crit based teams. Losing her unique ability from a few crits makes her go from decent to terrible. I wish she would keep her unique no matter what when Anakin is on the battlefield. Not leader. Just if they're fighting together she keeps it. I'd gear her up then.
  • I've got her with a counter team, lead Ima, with Lumi , Kit Fisto and CT-5555. I use this team in most of battle 11-12 of GW with full Health Mod. She hits strong enough + 25% counter damage with Ima. His special is helpful either to give my team more health or to finish a boss when lower than 50% Health. In that team, she's a Swiss knife.
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    A lot of people think Ahsoka Tano aren't worth it, but I see a lot of benefits with her. She's great when teamed up with Anakin. You can easily trigger his unique multiple times, plus she can hit incredibly hard. What I'd do is make sure the arrow has crit avoidance so she doesn't lose her unique buffs. Then I'd have crit damage/crit chance set mods focusing on secondary speed and health. You could also use health set mods instead as her basic and special healing capabilities rely on her max health.

Definitely this

If her unique wasn't lost after every crit then you could have flat out made her faster
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I've got her with a counter team, lead Ima, with Lumi , Kit Fisto and CT-5555. I use this team in most of battle 11-12 of GW with full Health Mod. She hits strong enough + 25% counter damage with Ima. His special is helpful either to give my team more health or to finish a boss when lower than 50% Health. In that team, she's a Swiss knife.

Now image how hard she would hit if she actually got the 25% counter damage... Hopefully it is fixed soon.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I've got her with a counter team, lead Ima, with Lumi , Kit Fisto and CT-5555. I use this team in most of battle 11-12 of GW with full Health Mod. She hits strong enough + 25% counter damage with Ima. His special is helpful either to give my team more health or to finish a boss when lower than 50% Health. In that team, she's a Swiss knife.

Now image how hard she would hit if she actually got the 25% counter damage... Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Totally off topic, but is that for sure a bug? I just got IGD to 7*, and Aayla is a day away from 7*. I was testing them out in the challenges. I wrote down the damage I was getting for attacks, and counter attacks (both crit, and non crit) and for certain their counter attacks were drastically and consistently higher.

• HGF69 wrote: »
    Her special on rancor is usually 8-10k

You're no where near max with her then. Her basic does that for me. With offense up and a crit on a <50% Rancor, her special can do over 30k on him.
  • She is a very solid gw B-team toon, and I agree with the above post about her being the best "b" toon in the game- meaning useful in other areas apart from arena.

I use phasma, 86, 88, sth and Ahsoka as gw b team and with sth tm and phasma advantage she goes early and often in the first nodes. The team heal is just enough to keep everyone topped off.

Just need to use her effectively, I would use health sets with speed/offense boosts. Health for healing and help if she takes a crit. Speed to stack with her unique bonus.
  • I have Ahsoka maxed in every way (excepting the recent gear updates) and she is absolutely wonderful for everything BUT arena (at least for top tier arena). I agree, as posted above, that her ability set is especially well-utilized under an ally-assist lead or JKA.
  • I have Ahsoka maxed in every way (excepting the recent gear updates) and she is absolutely wonderful for everything BUT arena (at least for top tier arena). I agree, as posted above, that her ability set is especially well-utilized under an ally-assist lead or JKA.

Boba Fett works pretty well too, considering how often she crits.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Totally off topic, but is that for sure a bug? I just got IGD to 7*, and Aayla is a day away from 7*. I was testing them out in the challenges. I wrote down the damage I was getting for attacks, and counter attacks (both crit, and non crit) and for certain their counter attacks were drastically and consistently higher.

Unless it was a stealth fix with the last update.

I ran a counter team for a while and didn't notice it till someone pointed it out to me than I started testing. I again tested a couple days ago and I have some pics, but for example kit fisto on normal attack did similar amount of damage to the same opponent in the same GW battle as he did on counter attack

Has also been confirmed as bug by @CG_Kozispoon

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/704791#Comment_704791
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016

I ran a counter team for a while and didn't notice it till someone pointed it out to me than I started testing. I again tested a couple days ago and I have some pics, but for example kit fisto on normal attack did similar amount of damage to the same opponent in the same GW battle as he did on counter attack

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/704791#Comment_704791

Maybe it's a sporadic bug. I'll do further testing, but I was definitely getting a bonus on counters. And I factored in buffs/debuffs, crits, and made sure it was on the same toons so armor wouldn't screw up the numbers.

Edit:I doubt they would stealth fix it. They have to take credit for the good. They would stealth buff GW difficulty, but the stuff we like they will announce. Probably just part way broken.
  • I used QGJ lead, Lumi, Rey, Ahsoka, Jedi Consular as my GW grind team until I get to the tough nodes.
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    A lot of people think Ahsoka Tano aren't worth it, but I see a lot of benefits with her. She's great when teamed up with Anakin. You can easily trigger his unique multiple times, plus she can hit incredibly hard. What I'd do is make sure the arrow has crit avoidance so she doesn't lose her unique buffs. Then I'd have crit damage/crit chance set mods focusing on secondary speed and health. You could also use health set mods instead as her basic and special healing capabilities rely on her max health.

This is great advice, exactly what I would try to do.

O
  • Teague wrote: »
    HGF69 wrote: »
    Her special on rancor is usually 8-10k

You're no where near max with her then. Her basic does that for me. With offense up and a crit on a <50% Rancor, her special can do over 30k on him.

Yeah ahsoka special does 32-38k (haven't broke 40k) rancor...she is one of my favs...kinda tricky to utilize at first...but extremely utilitarian in almost any party.

(Also vader+ Jawa scanger, engineer, nebit and 88 lead on last phase of rancor is best dmg I've got... stack those bombs and dots....then culling blade for the 50-100k hit. On tier 6, no less.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member

Maybe it's a sporadic bug. I'll do further testing, but I was definitely getting a bonus on counters. And I factored in buffs/debuffs, crits, and made sure it was on the same toons so armor wouldn't screw up the numbers.

Edit:I doubt they would stealth fix it. They have to take credit for the good. They would stealth buff GW difficulty, but the stuff we like they will announce. Probably just part way broken.

It's possible that sometimes it works and sometimes not, ever time I looked at it the damage variance was in the +/+5%.
    When testing remember Aalya has 50% counter damage and if she calls a Jedi ally to assist, which she can do on a counter, they have 50% extra damage
  • 37k my best ahsoka crit on rancor, needed jka lead offense up and door down but still thats not shabby and pretty close to rey territory for single target damage. She is definitely better than given credit for, jka lead she hits very hard and barriss lead she can stay alive pretty well. I know there are toons that need it more but would love to see a wiggs style synergy for her and jka
  • 37k my best ahsoka crit on rancor, needed jka lead offense up and door down but still thats not shabby and pretty close to rey territory for single target damage. She is definitely better than given credit for, jka lead she hits very hard and barriss lead she can stay alive pretty well. I know there are toons that need it more but would love to see a wiggs style synergy for her and jka

I suggested above that she keep her unique, and not lose those buffs from getting hit by crits when Anakin is there. Maybe a small chance that she will assist him on any attack he does would be nice. 25-35%. He's pretty strong as is. That would be fun, but not overkill.
  • I second the notion that she is not worth it. If you find yourself using her, you are probably leaving a better toon on the bench.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • I second the notion that she is not worth it. If you find yourself using her, you are probably leaving a better toon on the bench.

I play who I like, not who will make my wins easiest.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Teague wrote: »
    I second the notion that she is not worth it. If you find yourself using her, you are probably leaving a better toon on the bench.

+1 Well said @Teague. And this, in the end, is what makes the game so much fun to play.
  • Teague wrote: »
    I second the notion that she is not worth it. If you find yourself using her, you are probably leaving a better toon on the bench.

+1 Well said @Teague. And this, in the end, is what makes the game so much fun to play.

+42
    ahsoka is fun, hands down one of the toons I enjoy using the most, even though she is currently not the most powerful.
  • There was a player using her in my shard for a while. Top 10. She was landing crits on me for well over 20K. With consistency. That was in the Rey/RG/QGJ meta. Haven't faced her since but I remember I didn't like facing that particular one.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Theres no reason to use her at all unless you need another jedi to unlock yoda.