Isn't the irony funny how everyone who got Phasma during the holidays thought Poe was garbage?

I find this very hilarious as now we see them EVERYWHERE complaining about Poe. This must have really aggravated them especially when they realised that they've been farming the wrong toon this past month and that acquiring Poe is going to take a while. You can see them all in the "nerf Poe" threads. Very ironic indeed!
seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$

Replies

• I remember this and laugh myself. I'm personally happy I got Phasma though, she's much easier to farm, got her 7* already playing F2P. If I had Poe and had to use Cantina, it would be a nightmare and I'd be lucky if he was 4* today...
  • It just shows how naive we are and quick to judge.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • SlyBeats wrote: »
    I find this very hilarious as now we see them EVERYWHERE complaining about Poe. This must have really aggravated them especially when they realised that they've been farming the wrong toon this past month and that acquiring Poe is going to take a while. You can see them all in the "nerf Poe" threads. Very ironic indeed!

Pfff, i knew phasma was Op in defence and call it out on day one, my phasma is still 3 star, and i knew poe is op if upgraded, wait until someone can put out a all resistance team with Poe as leader, Rey, Resistance fighter, Finn or Resistance trooper. That combo right there is unbeatable if you can have them all at least at 6 stars or hell even 5 stars. I don't follow the flock and my team is totally different than what the sheep like. Still i tango with the best son!
  • SlyBeats wrote: »

I still hate poe. Yeah he exposes and taunts for two turns but his health is low. What good is someone who taunts for two turns but dies in 1. Still like phasma more
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I remember tons of posts that said poe was better and ios got the better gift because he is harder to farm.

Poe is honestly just easy for bad players to use, he is very forgiving. He makes bad teams look good, he's not unbeatable.

I still hate poe. Yeah he exposes and taunts for two turns but his health is low. What good is someone who taunts for two turns but dies in 1. Still like phasma more

If he needs to live more than 1 round you are doing it wrong.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    Poe is honestly just easy for bad players to use, he is very forgiving. He makes bad teams look good, he's not unbeatable.
    Are bad players the ones not spending thousands of dollars to pay to win mobile games? ;)

There's Poe at the top level everywhere on my server, especially in p2w teams, and I still win consistently as F2P with my Poe team. He's how we equalize I guess.
  • Poe is garbage

Focus him from the start and you can kill him before his taunt even means anything
  • you can kill him before his taunt

good joke

• LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    He's softer than Han or Chewie. He only serves a gimmick now, to let glass cannons do their thing for one turn. People have trouble with him because they try to focus Leia or Rey and they're wasted turns when Poe taunts. Focus him from turn one and he's gone. Meanwhile Phasma would've contributed far more
  • I have battled some mediocre teams a lor worse than mine but just one poe in that team turns the battle he is definitely a strong toon but not something i consider OP like Leia for instance.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've seen a lot of posts about Poe in the forums, as well as seeing a lot of Poes in Arena / GW. I really couldn't care much about him, haven't had any major difficulties. I simply debuff him with my Asajj, as well as any other taunt. :) or plainly just go ahead and take him down first, if the debuff fails / gets resisted.

I'm farming shards for him from cantina shipments though, to see what's all the fuss about, but I've been running without a tank lately anyways, when tanks die so quickly, there's really no use on wasting one slot for them, maybe even two, if you consider 1 for the tank, and 1 for the healer to take care of the tank after just one round tanking.

I'm trying new strategies for now, but again, we'll see when I finally get Poe (to at least 4 stars, not the 3 that he's unlocked with).
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • He's softer than Han or Chewie. He only serves a gimmick now, to let glass cannons do their thing for one turn. People have trouble with him because they try to focus Leia or Rey and they're wasted turns when Poe taunts. Focus him from turn one and he's gone. Meanwhile Phasma would've contributed far more
    You do realize unless your entire team is like Leia/Dooku/Rey, and you get lucky on speed, and you crit you will almost never kill him before his taunt? And even if all those things happened, the fact that he already did his job by absorbing 12k damage makes him worth it.
  • He's softer than Han or Chewie. He only serves a gimmick now, to let glass cannons do their thing for one turn. People have trouble with him because they try to focus Leia or Rey and they're wasted turns when Poe taunts. Focus him from turn one and he's gone. Meanwhile Phasma would've contributed far more

That's the point...because he's so fast, he utilizes his taunt to the fullest unlike Han or Chewie. All of your attacks are absorbed by Poe. That allows the glass cannons to take their first few attacks which is all they need. FOTP and Leia can then one-shot toons.

I love my Phasma, especially with the team composition I put her in, but certain team compositions with Poe are extremely difficult to beat.

• If i had the choice between Phasma and Poe definitely phasma. Great defensive abilities and paired with a multi attack team increasingly hard to take down unless you got excellent synergy at the higher arena rankings.
  • CantonSam
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Poe's speed is 143 now on gear VIII, not many toons can run before him! Though Dooku, Sid, Leai do crits but he may be still alive. Another point is Leai need to gone Stealth first in AI control when you are in defense mode. So I mean Poe is really good, why not go get him?!?
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CantonSam wrote: »
    Poe's speed is 143 now on gear VIII, not many toons can run before him! Though Dooku, Sid, Leai do crits but he may be still alive. Another point is Leai need to gone Stealth first in AI control when you are in defense mode. So I mean Poe is really good, why not go get him?!?

Because he can be easily manipulated with a phasma lead multi attack team. Just go for him early on and use victory march = dead poe GG.
  • CantonSam wrote: »

Because he can be easily manipulated with a phasma lead multi attack team. Just go for him early on and use victory march = dead poe GG.

Honestly depends on the Poe team composition as well as the RNG for Phasma. A Phasma team isn't necessarily going to wipe Poe out unless they get lucky with extra attacks. So I wouldn't say "easily manipulated". Depends on the RNG during that match.

With that being said I have only seen two Poe teams or some variant of this that seem to give people trouble (myself included):

1) Poe, Poggle, HK-47, IG-86, IG-88
    2) Poe, QGJ, Old Ben, FOTP, Leia

One is F2P and the other is P2P. I think the reason people underestimate Poe is because they haven't seen him in these lineups. The first lineup gave me a lot of trouble at first, but I can win every other battle now depending on RNG. The 2nd team obliterated me. It's a P2W team so I expect that, but i've seen many P2W fail against that lineup unless they're running the same variant with Poe.
  • There is a huge difference between them, Poe is a really strong toon probably OP, but he needs a team built around him (glass cannons , single/multi target), Phasma, instead, is a multi role charachter, she could be the 5th man of every team, she has tons of hp, can absorb damage, she can manipulate speed meter and give advantage.. In my experience, i see Poe only in the top 5 of my server (qui gon, fotp, leia, poe, sid: they destroy me) but i don' t care him when i usally stay in the top 20 as a f2p.. Phasma for me is much more important because i use her in my GWars for her tankiness..
    (as always, sorry for my english)
  • Phasma was great initially bc you could farm her in galactic war therefore a lot easier and quicker to get stared. Poe was just another low damage tank with a taunt, until people discovered his speed. I think they are great toons but Poe is ONLY as good as the characters around him, phasma on her own is much better. Yes Poe is dominating arena (2-3) turn matches, but phasma is much more useful in galactic war. I love both of these characters and they are both by far the best of the force awakens charters ( excluding FOTP bc he came out prior to the rest)
  • Andrew wrote: »
    CantonSam wrote: »

Honestly depends on the Poe team composition as well as the RNG for Phasma. A Phasma team isn't necessarily going to wipe Poe out unless they get lucky with extra attacks. So I wouldn't say "easily manipulated". Depends on the RNG during that match.

With that being said I have only seen two Poe teams or some variant of this that seem to give people trouble (myself included):

1) Poe, Poggle, HK-47, IG-86, IG-88
    2) Poe, QGJ, Old Ben, FOTP, Leia

One is F2P and the other is P2P. I think the reason people underestimate Poe is because they haven't seen him in these lineups. The first lineup gave me a lot of trouble at first, but I can win every other battle now depending on RNG. The 2nd team obliterated me. It's a P2W team so I expect that, but i've seen many P2W fail against that lineup unless they're running the same variant with Poe.

Not really had trouble with taking him down only when RNG screwed me basically and the enemy evaded my hits which seems more often after the recent patch sadly.

I'm working on getting the FOO to 7 star ASAP to go with Phasma should be easy to take down poe cos the FOO can manipulate the enemy turn meter right ?.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Andrew wrote: »
    He's softer than Han or Chewie. He only serves a gimmick now, to let glass cannons do their thing for one turn. People have trouble with him because they try to focus Leia or Rey and they're wasted turns when Poe taunts. Focus him from turn one and he's gone. Meanwhile Phasma would've contributed far more

That's the point...because he's so fast, he utilizes his taunt to the fullest unlike Han or Chewie. All of your attacks are absorbed by Poe. That allows the glass cannons to take their first few attacks which is all they need. FOTP and Leia can then one-shot toons.

I love my Phasma, especially with the team composition I put her in, but certain team compositions with Poe are extremely difficult to beat.
    Poe is a sacrificial pawn. Focus on him first (or stun Qui-Gon if they have him and you can). Poe gets focused out and FOTP kills someone. Leia, well, she stealths first. She's not even in the equation. To use Poe yourself, it now means that you need enough damage to make it worthwhile. It limits anything else you can do with your team.

Back on topic, I was unhappy to get Poe but I farmed Phasma and have them both now. Need to continue upgrading them both, though.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of posts about Poe in the forums, as well as seeing a lot of Poes in Arena / GW. I really couldn't care much about him, haven't had any major difficulties. I simply debuff him with my Asajj, as well as any other taunt. :) or plainly just go ahead and take him down first, if the debuff fails / gets resisted.
    If you think the relevant thing about Poe is he taunts, you don't understand current meta. If Poe is able to go first in turn 1 and steal 25% turn meter to everybody and expose 2-3 chars, plus force any attack/action vs him (even if it's just one), he's more than happy. He would commit harakiri after that, it doesn't matter. What it matters is that he sllowed your Leia/FOTP/QGJ/Geo go before the oponent Leia/FOTP/QGJ/Geo. In a meta were the ONLY thing that matters is going first, because damage is much greater than health, Poe allows entre team to go first.
  • LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    Pfff, i knew phasma was Op in defence and call it out on day one, my phasma is still 3 star, and i knew poe is op if upgraded, wait until someone can put out a all resistance team with Poe as leader, Rey, Resistance fighter, Finn or Resistance trooper. That combo right there is unbeatable if you can have them all at least at 6 stars or hell even 5 stars. I don't follow the flock and my team is totally different than what the sheep like. Still i tango with the best son!

Hahahahahaha, no.

First I've been farming Resistance trooper since he became farmable. I am about halfway to 5 stars (started at global launch on iOS, so got him for free). Rey I gave up on. I tried and tried to make it work in arena to no luck. Everyone saw my Poe as leader and smacked me hard constantly. Resistance Pilot is pretty good, especially since I have him 7 star. I have dreams in the far future to get Dooku to seven stars and put him as my leader and watch RP get turn after turn from all the evasions.