Do you like all the new notifications in the guild chat screen?

Prev1
JPBrunel
821 posts Member
edited October 2016

Do you like all the new notifications in the guild chat screen? 23 votes

No, absolutely not! It needlessly cutters up the guild chat scroll screen and breaks up conversations.
52%
JbizzyGCaptainRexJPBrunelThalaraStarhammersumselkawumselorinaeSubavairpineCalliecatCoReTeXGwidionMelusine 12 votes
Yes, I love it.
4%
V1p3rdyn4sty 1 vote
No, I don't like it, but there should at least be options to shu mute them without muting raid notifications.
39%
dan_lynch_01synesthesioJackofMidworldTrouserdeagleEidgenossFury0JahiSaxophoneguy2001originalfireflyRancoPack 9 votes
I don't really care
4%
Lucaero 1 vote

Replies

• No, absolutely not! It needlessly cutters up the guild chat scroll screen and breaks up conversations.
    Settings
    Guild Settings
    Announcements
    Off
    Now your chat won't explode every time a guild member gets a mod, increases the gear level of a char, levels up stuff, etc etc.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    And you won't get any other useful guild message.
    Sorry, not going to work, was very much aware of it since the start, in fact the first thing I checked was if there is a way to single out the useless messages
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    That also mutes raid notifications which isn't good. You'd think the devs would have enough foresight to implement selective muting..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    With all the frequent useless guild notices I imagine everyone will be turning them off.

The only useful guild notices are when members join or leave, and raid statuses. Everything else is annoying and trivial.

I don't care when someone activates; gears up; promotes a hero; or levels up.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I agree, but unfortunately I kinda need to know if someone leaves.
  • Good news. Don't read those ones.
  • I kinda like the idea in principle.

If everyone was high geared, and a 'congrats' for g11 on ugnaught could be cool. But its just spam atm.

If you could choose which notifications would be handy. I like some.
  • It also will make relevant team instructions impossible to keep from disappearing as it updates every stupid thing imaginable. PLEASE make this stop!!
  • Not sure I like it honestly maybe as others have said only announce max of something like star or gear
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Wicket wrote: »
    Good news. Don't read those ones.

We have a couple guildies not on discord. It's not a requirement, and for whatever reason, they actually can't install it. It's not stubbornness, they just can't. Announcements for them will be quickly lost. It's not a matter of just "don't read those ones". It's a matter of in game chat has been a point of failure since inception and this just made it worse.
  • Klocko wrote: »
    Wicket wrote: »
    Good news. Don't read those ones.

We have a couple guildies not on discord. It's not a requirement, and for whatever reason, they actually can't install it. It's not stubbornness, they just can't. Announcements for them will be quickly lost. It's not a matter of just "don't read those ones". It's a matter of in game chat has been a point of failure since inception and this just made it worse.

AGREED!!
  • Terrible idea, makes chat effectively useless.
  • They got the idea from marvel future fight
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    I cannot believe they added this nuisance when there have been alot of great ideas for improvements in this area from the players. Instead of the ability for a leader to send a message to all members inbox we get this crap. A real let down I think.
    What about a usable guild noticeboard.
  • JamDev wrote: »
    Terrible idea, makes chat effectively useless.
    surely you meant to say "even more useless"
    it was never any good to start with

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I thought in game chat was just for typing 'thanks for the gear folks!'
  • No, I don't like it, but there should at least be options to shu mute them without muting raid notifications.
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I thought in game chat was just for typing 'thanks for the gear folks!'

This, and telling people to download XYZ chat app.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @Trouserdeagle 'mol eliza stop hitting the rancor it's a 24hr 0 damage cooldown, please download LINE app' :smile:
  • No, I don't like it, but there should at least be options to shu mute them without muting raid notifications.
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @Trouserdeagle 'mol eliza stop hitting the rancor it's a 24hr 0 damage cooldown, please download LINE app' :smile:

+1

I loled.
  • Idea is cute enough and would be great if they just added a proper filter.
    Having to choose between tons of useless spam and not seeing when Rancor goes into next phase sucks.

Nice enough to see when people level (although once pr round level and max would suffice).
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Even with notices disabled it still bumps player messages lol.
  • Winstar just posted reply to your post
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Winstar just posted reply to your post

lol

I was wondering yesterday how quickly the forum mods would get annoyed if the forums were spammed with irrelevant status updates like this.
  • You whiners need to calm down... it's not that big of a deal..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't mind them, we don't chat much there anyway...but why not put in useful info...

I.e.-
    - 'x' has just hit 600
    - 'x,x,x,x,x' donated to 'x'. Thank you. (This is basically all we use in game chat for.)

I'm stuck what else could they say...
  • I don't like it cause the chat doesn't fade. If the chat faded afyer it poped up it wouldn't be a big deal. Any time I am in arena or raiding and a message pops up I have to stop what I'm doing, open chat and close it again to get rid of that text sitting there at the bottom of my screen. Not sure if mild ocd or what but I don't like that text taking up my screen space. It is highly annoying.
  • Settings are so cool.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I suppose I could turn it off and remember to turn it on before raids. Hopefully it doesn't bug when I turn it on so I can see what phases have been cleared. Pessimistic, I know.
  • +1 Mol Eliza just promoted Ugnaught to 7-star
  • Undivided93
    66 posts Member
    edited October 2016