Those who own 7* Rex

How many DON'T use him in your arena team?

giphy%204_zpszwicwelj.gif

Replies

• *sound of crickets*
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I do use him, but i also run Clone Sergeant and 5's...along w/ Anakin and B2. Most ppl i see run him, pair him up w/ Ani, SunFac, EP...no other clones at all. It speaks to his strength when he needs no synergy at all to make things work. Similar to EP. U wont find a Lando lead w/ no other rebels/scoundrels or an HK lead w/ no other droids or an Ani lead w/out Aayla, QGJ, 5's etc. I mention those 5 bcuz those r the only leads on my shard in top 20. 3 that need synergy, 2 that don't. November shard btw.
  • Are you saying they should?
  • i don't. just for rancor heroic ... lol.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I don't use him! Well I don't always use him, sometimes I change it up and use Wiggs for the fun OHKOs :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I'm not using him currently
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I haven't used him in Arena since around March, and I have him 7 star gear 11 since then. He only really gets use during raids.
  • Darkman00
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I haven't really used him in arena since maxing out Wiggs and running Lando lead. Mainly using him in raids for the moment.... With that said many still use him in my top 10.
  • i dont.
  • Funny how the majority of players are F2P, and Trainrex is used in 25% of top ten teams, and is leader of 24% of them, according to swgoh.gg

But no one on the forums uses him
  • Fully maxed, raid only. Tried him and discovered Lando lead still rules my shard.
  • I don't use him in arena because I have him modded for the rancor raid. Totally different set of mods between arena and raid. Yea he is good at arena, but indispensable in raid - simply a must have. You don't need 80% potency in arena and when you have him modded like that, it comes at the cost of speed and damage. Plus there are other great combos in Arena so you don't need him. See Lando, Biggs, Wedge, ST Han + your choice here
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    mine is 6* and is very useful against lando/wigss teams. use my own wiggs to 1ko the lando lead.
    when the rng fails i switch to lando lead
    bas is hanwiggs and just switch lando/rex or b2/sunfac(6* too)
    havent seen the lando,sthanokin wiggs combo work for me as another whale opponent has better speed secondaries on his wiggs than mine. 180 vs 160
  • i don't. just for rancor heroic ... lol.

Me too
  • He was my lead for a month or so in the spring.I occasionally use him in arena against droid teams. Always use him in the raid and he is modded for raid so not as useful in arena.
  • Mine is maxed and I use him as lead in Arena and GW.

Speed for him is the important thing like STHan and JE.he needs to go first so he can cast his Tenacity up. I was able to get mine to 218 speed with health mods. If he goes first with Squad Disp, he protects from all debuffs and gives the whole team a speed boost so they all go before your opponent.
  • I don't use him at all times...
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Fully maxed, raid only. Tried him and discovered Lando lead still rules my shard.

Right. You can even take Lando out of the team and put Rex lead in and you would still be better!
  • Not at all times. Mostly swapping different leads spots with Rex, EP, Wedge, Lando, AA, HK, lots of leads out there. Knock yourself out.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Depends on the match up to be honest, there are the rare chances I don't.

My default answer though: of course I do, he eats droids, eats Lando, makes 5s better and overall is a kick **** lead. I don't run Wiggs/Lando either, so that's part of it.
  • So people have a problem with Rex?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have him use him in raid. I have been thinking of running him but I want aayla done before I do...

Thinking rex,5s, anakin,b2,aayla...but who knows.
  • I don't use him in arena because I have him modded for the rancor raid. Totally different set of mods between arena and raid. Yea he is good at arena, but indispensable in raid - simply a must have. You don't need 80% potency in arena and when you have him modded like that, it comes at the cost of speed and damage. Plus there are other great combos in Arena so you don't need him. See Lando, Biggs, Wedge, ST Han + your choice here

I'm the same way. Full gear for potency in Raids.
  • That's funny...it's like asking a politician if they have ever lied... :#

My Droid squad destroys any team on my shard except those with rex....which is top 5 and 16 of the top 20.

Lando is meaningless when you have multiple sources of ability block that always go first and nebit ensuring the cool down is reduced further consolidating Landos worthlessness. As a lead using the wigs ohko.... let's see how long that lasts once the majority of players hit lv 85.

Not that I'm crying, if rex was available to get I'd get him and max him ASAP, he is the most potent debuff cleanser period.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I have him use him in raid. I have been thinking of running him but I want aayla done before I do...

Thinking rex,5s, anakin,b2,aayla...but who knows.

Rex, 5's, Ani, B2, Clone Sergeant (aoe tm strip, 50% tm on a crit) so good.
  • So people have a problem with Rex?
    Yes. Rex lead can result in some very strong defense. Some of you guys using Rex for months have no idea how badly other teams can be stone cold blocked by Rex. Rex costs the economy thousands of dollars a week in broken phones.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I like my Rex lead. Tenacity is great. Turn meter boost is helpful. Best is his ability to dispel annoying debuffs for the whole team. Team health bonus is nice, too.
  • Not at all times. Mostly swapping different leads spots with Rex, EP, Wedge, Lando, AA, HK, lots of leads out there. Knock yourself out.

Yes there are lots of leaders out there. But there is only one meta. Rex. Only thing that seems to works against him is Wedge/Biggs.