Post edited by ioniancat21 on

Replies

• Options
    Haha. What do you think about that?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I thought the review was pretty insightful and spot on for the most part.

It's so interesting to see the difference in tone over at the HODA forum as compared to the warzone here. I believe part of it is that the players who are "whales" aren't as cocky as they are in SWGOH, so they have a different attitude towards free players, more like mentors. The second thing I noticed was that the game seemingly didn't have such a harsh pay wall as this one does and it makes for a happier player.

The review said it clearly and many agreed with the sentiments. The review was by the user CrossXcalibur. Go look at his analysis of things, it's very interesting. I don't play HODA but he does make some comparisons that HODA players will better understand....

Here's a link to the actual review for all so you don't need to search, but check out the other reviews though...
    http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum/heroes-of-dragon-age/the-hanged-man-off-topic/2163633-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes?p=2163995#post2163995
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I think that guy is wrong considering the amount of high ranking f2p players. This game is one of the easiest for f2p I have ever played.
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the game's age has a lot to do with the more mellow forum mood there. Everyone who was going to quit over something probably has by now. When I played it at release and about 6 months onwards, they had just as many nerf wars as we do here. And at the time, it had a pretty hefty gap between p2p and f2p as well, but I won't claim to know what it's like now.
  • Options
    Like I said, it's food for thought. My goal in linking this was to see how other CG games are going to see if any patterns emerged. Take a look around their forum, it was indeed very interesting to see and it helped me to gain some perspective....
  • Courier
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I thought the review was pretty insightful and spot on for the most part.

It's so interesting to see the difference in tone over at the HODA forum as compared to the warzone here. I believe part of it is that the players who are "whales" aren't as cocky as they are in SWGOH, so they have a different attitude towards free players, more like mentors. The second thing I noticed was that the game seemingly didn't have such a harsh pay wall as this one does and it makes for a happier player.

It is and its not at the same time. At the first three months of hoda, youre lucky if you can get one highest rarity toon. Let alone fielding one team with those.

About forum tone, @LargKellein is spot on. Its mostly because the game's age. give this forum 3-5 more months and you'll see less war break in. If any exists, its gonna unlike now when one is getting shot down because laying common sense to other, its for mutual goal.
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the game's age has a lot to do with the more mellow forum mood there. Everyone who was going to quit over something probably has by now. When I played it at release and about 6 months onwards, they had just as many nerf wars as we do here. And at the time, it had a pretty hefty gap between p2p and f2p as well, but I won't claim to know what it's like now.

This. HODA forums are very different now than what they were. Its mostly fanboys now. Characters we're made easy to acquire and the complaining stopped. Although, I think it is a worse game now. There hasn't been anythign new in a long time. I played for two years every day. Now, I go days without logging in. CrossXCalibur is actually on my GoH server, pretty highly ranked, iirc. A lot of guys from HODA came over. Personally, I like a lot of what GoH does. But, time will tell if the content is there for the future. HODA gets two to three characters a week. Unfortunately, we have the same recycled maps and lame auction style PvP to play. GoH is a step in the right direction. Its not perfect, but it's much better.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options

What did they say? can you kindly summarize a little tylr? thanks
  • Options
    HODA has been around for 2years... and is mainly pvp no other content really , and its characters until a few months ago were random draws on 35/pack to have new content, but people also understand the ROI - build a team compete in 2/3 day pvp events and win a reward based on rank....

so if I want 5* Kylo I have a general understanding of his value and how to get him or what hes worth to me...

SWGOH doesn't have the base or mechanics yet to support that but....

HODA players envy the solo content (dark side , light side) , GW to test your teams daily for rewards, and the way you can earn characters by doing content.. the one thing you see in HODA is people focus on the game, the meta, and how to play and help others in the community even when they hate a new char or design, what you see less of is f2p vs. p2p... and its a more whale centric game so hard to explain that here, but this community seems to be more toxic and I play both games like alot here =)

put both together and thats scarey wallet opening game...

but I think since these teams work in the same office, that your going to see both games inherit alot of similar features here soon... and I think PVP rewards (ladder tourney's) is something this game will clearly get and the idea of guild wars is something HODA was internally testing with @Lucifersdaddy, who is now on this team....

very interesting how these games are coming together!
  • Options
    One thing about HODA that has really irked me is the way they release heroes now. It used to be they would release some new toons through the Nexus. Now new toons are pretty much only for spenders. Things are very F2P friendly here.
  • Options
    SWGOH has a better pve (LS/DS), SIM tickets, GW and other cool features. But HODA's pvp is far superior: you can see your rival before the fight and decide whether to fight or not, you are not permanently stuck on a bracket (my swgoh squad has almost 21k power and I'm still struggling to stay on top 500), there are people who help weaker or new players without it affecting their own placement... I've been playing hoda since december 2013, but sadly it's slowly dying.
  • Options
    SWGOH has a better pve (LS/DS), SIM tickets, GW and other cool features. But HODA's pvp is far superior: you can see your rival before the fight and decide whether to fight or not, you are not permanently stuck on a bracket (my swgoh squad has almost 21k power and I'm still struggling to stay on top 500), there are people who help weaker or new players without it affecting their own placement... I've been playing hoda since december 2013, but sadly it's slowly dying.

No, HODA's PvP is ridiculous. It's all about how many battles you can fight in 2 or 3 days. It's exhausting if you are trying for a top tier. Whoever throws the most gems at it wins. And, now there is an issue with cheaters who can sim battles on their browsers very fast. So you are left behind if you don't use this exploit. Guys will spend 30-40 dollars in gems just to get the top tier, and you have to play it constantly for the duration of the event. No thanks.
  • Options
    Yes yes, it is if you always want to try top tier. Swgoh has it downside too. No clear visual who you gonna fight other than squad leader and power rating and the arena is mostly about who can be there to secure top spots at 6pm. Look, why dont you two agree to disagree? The thing is, there is always pros & cons about them aspects. Better enjoy it like it should be.