Climb the Tower - New Game Mode Suggestion

stupidfatfool
715 posts Member
edited January 2016
It'd be great to get a game mode like the Trial of Ascension in Summoners War, where you have 100 levels of PVE.

This would be much more like the LS/DS battles than Galactic War.
Every 10 levels would get harder, including a boss level every multiple of 10 levels.
Each of the 100 levels would still have 3 "stages", much like the current LS/DS battles.
Also, it'd be highly strategic, requiring careful and diverse team compositions. For example, at the highest levels, you could have a very challenging mission that basically requires you to constantly stun the enemy or face mass wipe-outs (much like Savage Oppress in the AGI Gear Challenge). Or require careful buffing/dispelling.
Your characters go into each battle with full health, but retreating means you have to start over, just like in LS/DS battles.
To attempt a level costs 20 energy.
The rewards would be a combination of credits, crystals, bronzium, tokens, etc. At the highest levels, you could award chromium. Chromium is obviously quite valuable, but because of the random draws, would not cause huge imbalances for already-powerful players.
This game mode would be reset every month, so over time you can get stronger and make it higher up the tower. You could have a Hall of Fame that shows how far players made up the tower, across all servers.

Replies

• HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It sounds okay...but it would be better to reset weekly, require no energy, and award no exp.

Monthly resets are always bad news and I don't want to spend 2000 energy on a tower...Id rather use it somewhere else.

Maybe have an attempt limit like arena or its own energy pool.
  • I would take any new modes to increase playtime!
  • I'd rather they fix the existing bugs and roll out their already planned content before embarking on something else.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I agree with both Jabber and Havok. Put it all together and it would work out great e.g. make the minor fixes already and then pursue it in havok's mindset.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi