Palp event difficulty

How does the event compare to the rebel mod challenge? I need to know if I need to keep working on my rebels.

Replies

• Options
    Let's put it this way. I got the 7 star palp and that same team was not enough to three star the challenge. I didn't have lando or wedge back then. It was Luke ackbar lead leia sthan and Biggs. Leia did one shot the rgs at the palp event on the final node.
  • Options
    Not bothered with the Tenacity mods but comparable to the other mod challenges difficulty I would say the Palps event (certainly 7*) is waaaay more difficult
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Not bothered with the Tenacity mods but comparable to the other mod challenges difficulty I would say the Palps event (certainly 7*) is waaaay more difficult

Not to mention the times when palp cheats. So many turns and stuns the whole team...it's ridic

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Not to mention the times when palp cheats. So many turns and stuns the whole team...it's ridic

Not exactly cheating as he gains TM by shocking people :smile:
  • Options
    Well, I get the feeling that those character events are going to be easy. I just redid the Yoda event on my alt all the way up to tier 7 with QG, Mace, Consular, Eeth and Luminara at L71 with gear 8 and 1 star to 2 star mods on half of them..

Only lost the consular on the last one and was easy as hell. I do not think the Palpatine event was any harder either.
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    The Yoda event was MAJORLY dumbed down... used to be way much harder than it is now
  • Options
    Any news on when the next Palpatine event will be?
  • Options
    Thor__ wrote: »
    Any news on when the next Palpatine event will be?

My guess is we have 1 more month to wait yet according to my origional prediction. Which should be exactly enough time for me.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Mod challenge was more difficult than Palp event for sure
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Good deal. I can 3-star it about 1/3 of the time now.
  • Options

Not exactly cheating as he gains TM by shocking people :smile:

Yep. "Cheating" and "WAI, but I don't understand the game mechanics" are two very different things.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Thanks Olddumper
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Yep, agreed. My best Rebel team (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, STH) dies on 3/5 in Tier III Tenacity challenge but a weaker team (Leia, Luke, STH, HRSc and HRSo) took Tier V of the Palpatine Event (didn't have Lando to 5 stars yet and I didn't have Wedge at all).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    The last EP event was before the Wiggs meta and even (slightly) before the whole "Galaxy of Landos" craze.

I bring this up because it's made me wonder if the next EP event rollout is going to be tuned to a whole new level of difficulty. Otherwise EP's going to be about as common as JC post event.
  • Options
    I doubt it will be returning next month. I doubt it will return before the end of year.

How would that be "extremely rare"?
  • Options
    I doubt it will be returning next month. I doubt it will return before the end of year.

How would that be "extremely rare"?

+1
    Olddumper wrote: »
    How does the event compare to the rebel mod challenge? I need to know if I need to keep working on my rebels.

The event is all about haveing the right characters. Maxed ST Han and Lando are absolutely needed and the other 3 positions you can fill with any character. The event itself is fairly easy if you have those 2, Ackbar lead is a nice addition. Round 8 with Ackbar lead Lando can get off 3 AoE before emperor gets 1. With the RGs not having any protection those AoEs will taken them into the red.