Count Dooku & Hindering Press

DingleTingle
210 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hindering Press is not working correctly. Counters or other abilities that trigger an assist, I have not been able to test every situation, the stun and/or ability block does not stick when triggered. After the assist is complete the stun/ability block is cleared from the character suffering from it. Other characters I've seen their counter/assist attack if the negative effect triggers it sticks.
Bye Forums.
Post edited by DingleTingle on

Replies

• I think it's cleared right after character was supposed to go and the turn was skipped.
    Basically if original turn order was Dooku - enemy - Sid, for example, Dooku goes first, stuns enemy. Now enemy is supposed to go next, but he is stunned so his turn is skipped, and stun cleared. Sid goes next. Illusion is that stun doesn't stick, but enemy's turn is skipped nonetheless.
    At least that has been my impression.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I'm sure the stun doesn't stick on a counter. It stuns the attacker in his turn so when Dooku's counter finishes, the attackers turn ends and the stun gets removed. 5s slow sticks though even on a counter, same with Aayla's counter stun.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm sure the stun doesn't stick on a counter. It stuns the attacker in his turn so when Dooku's counter finishes, the attackers turn ends and the stun gets removed. 5s slow sticks though even on a counter, same with Aayla's counter stun.

Any single-round duration debuff that gets applied via counter-attack immediately expires since the attacking character's turn doesn't end until after the counter-attacks have landed. This includes Aayla's counter crit-stun.

Basically if it's a 1-round duration debuff and it get applied via counter-attacking, it's useless. Not sure if this is intended or what, though.

It's similar to some of the 1-round duration buffs that proc when the character that gets them caused their condition to proc (ex: Ventress' unique skill when she gets a kill = no offense up or armor penetration).
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    I'm sure the stun doesn't stick on a counter. It stuns the attacker in his turn so when Dooku's counter finishes, the attackers turn ends and the stun gets removed. 5s slow sticks though even on a counter, same with Aayla's counter stun.

Any single-round duration debuff that gets applied via counter-attack immediately expires since the attacking character's turn doesn't end until after the counter-attacks have landed. This includes Aayla's counter crit-stun.

Basically if it's a 1-round duration debuff and it get applied via counter-attacking, it's useless. Not sure if this is intended or what, though.

It's similar to some of the 1-round duration buffs that proc when the character that gets them caused their condition to proc (ex: Ventress' unique skill when she gets a kill = no offense up or armor penetration).

This does not apply to all characters. I've seen for example Old Daka's counter stun last until the turn meter turns over.
    Bye Forums.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Have you seen old Daka counter attack and stun? How is that possible?
  • An assist stun I think he means. I don't think there's a way to get daka to counter
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SinnerWill wrote: »

This does not apply to all characters. I've seen for example Old Daka's counter stun last until the turn meter turns over.

Because Daka can stun 2, as in stunned a unit that wasn't the attacker... Additionally, she can't be made to counter-attack by any current player decks that I'm aware of. Possibly a boss version if an AI enemy, but that'd be the case above, where she stunned someone other than her target (she has 45% chance to stun target + 40% chance to stun random attached to her attack).
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Have you seen old Daka counter attack and stun? How is that possible?

She cannot counterattack, but she can be called in to assist by many assist capable toons. And every time she fires her main ability she has a chance to stun two.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • DingleTingle
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My fault, it was an assist not a counter. My long work days wear on my brain. I quoted the wrong person above. Wow I am losing it. My initial post should not have included counter. I apologize for mistyping.

Dooku's skill is broken when I see assist's by vast number of character's apply negative effects and stick through turn meter flip. His doughnut!
    Bye Forums.