General Advice needed: Return of Palpatine event?

I had 0 rebels when Palpatine event came - and wasn't able to get him.

Currently, I have a strong squad of Rebels - but my wedge and sthan are both 6 stars (wedge needing 100 shards, han needing 55).

I've, since then, reverted to using droids in the arena and am in the process of finishing off a couple of them (B2 almost to 100 now, hk starting the last 100).

Should I finish off my Rebels now? or stick with building my arena team?

I'm just scared that I'll keep building droids - then all of a sudden the event appears out of nowhere (like the Yoda events apparently are) and I won't have time to get Wedge and sth to the 7* needed to get Palp

Replies

• Broxxor wrote: »
    I had 0 rebels when Palpatine event came - and wasn't able to get him.

Currently, I have a strong squad of Rebels - but my wedge and sthan are both 6 stars (wedge needing 100 shards, han needing 55).

I've, since then, reverted to using droids in the arena and am in the process of finishing off a couple of them (B2 almost to 100 now, hk starting the last 100).

Should I finish off my Rebels now? or stick with building my arena team?

I'm just scared that I'll keep building droids - then all of a sudden the event appears out of nowhere (like the Yoda events apparently are) and I won't have time to get Wedge and sth to the 7* needed to get Palp

Considering the supposed rarity of the event, I believe you're best off to finish your Rebels.
  • I never recommend going against your arena team. It's how you get your crystals. If your using droids in arena, you should continue to work on droids. If you miss out on palpatine the next time, at least your arena team can move up ranks in the meantime.
  • Given the level cap increase, new raid etc, I doubt we are seeing Palpetine soon
  • I doubt we will see this again for a long time.

The event needs to be rebalanced for level increase and gear level increase.

I would finish arena team first.
  • I'd keep with your droids if that's your arena team. I doubt the Emperor event will be back for at least a couple more months. Even if it does, it runs for a week, so you'll have time to finish off those last couple rebels.

As for the Yoda event, it doesn't come out of nowhere. It's monthly (2nd Thursday of each month I think) and there's a countdown on it in the events section when it's not live too, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Hope that helps :)
    *in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads
  • Ive finished the Yoda event - so it doesnt show up for me (I havent seen it since I finished it).
  • In order to give you constructive advice it would be better to know where the gear levels are on your rebels and droids. Gear is much more important than star level. If your droids are nearly max gear then I would be working on gear for your rebels while you finish starring up your droids.

A 6* max geared hero is a minimal difference to a 7* max geared hero. Keep in mind that many stats are only increased by gear level and star level has no effect.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Main game play should always be your focus. Event will return, and if you try to hard to complete everything the first time it comes around you will spread too thin and lose everyday progress.

Arena is the only real source of f2p crystals, never let your arena team slip for any reason. It will only hurt you in the long run.
  • MrClean621 wrote: »
    In order to give you constructive advice it would be better to know where the gear levels are on your rebels and droids. Gear is much more important than star level. If your droids are nearly max gear then I would be working on gear for your rebels while you finish starring up your droids.

A 6* max geared hero is a minimal difference to a 7* max geared hero. Keep in mind that many stats are only increased by gear level and star level has no effect.

My droids are all gear 9 (except 86, who is gear 8 I'm working on the furnace for him, and 88 and B2 are gear 10).

Rebels are gear 8 across the board.
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    In order to give you constructive advice it would be better to know where the gear levels are on your rebels and droids. Gear is much more important than star level. If your droids are nearly max gear then I would be working on gear for your rebels while you finish starring up your droids.

My droids are all gear 9 (except 86, who is gear 8 I'm working on the furnace for him, and 88 and B2 are gear 10).

Rebels are gear 8 across the board.

There's a big difference between 6 and 7* heroes in the EP event.
  • I get that. I dont want a 6* Palp I want a 7*.
  • Droid teams will get a big big boost at lv 83 from hk/88 getting to gear 10 and I would focus on getting them max geared as fast as possible and stockpiling the necessary gear to push them into 10 first... from what I can see on my roster, most toons won't see gear 10 until lv 85.

Thus giving Droid teams a slight advantage over others until lv 85 cap reached in arena (and subsequent gear attained).
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    What other rebels do you have mate besides those 2, and are they 7*?
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Droid teams will get a big big boost at lv 83 from hk/88 getting to gear 10 and I would focus on getting them max geared as fast as possible and stockpiling the necessary gear to push them into 10 first... from what I can see on my roster, most toons won't see gear 10 until lv 85.

Thus giving Droid teams a slight advantage over others until lv 85 cap reached in arena (and subsequent gear attained).

You mean gear 11, right?
  • Goldy wrote: »

I have Biggs at 7*, HRsc at 7*, Lando at 7*.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Droid teams will get a big big boost at lv 83 from hk/88 getting to gear 10 and I would focus on getting them max geared as fast as possible and stockpiling the necessary gear to push them into 10 first... from what I can see on my roster, most toons won't see gear 10 until lv 85.

You mean gear 11, right?

Yeah gear 11...lol my bad...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm kinda in same boat as you though... I just barely got palpy to 6* before event ended.

since then I unlocked wedge also have leia/lando/biggs/pathfinder as my main group now. I really like that team as 4 aoe's makes big difference... been getting to node 8-10 with that group at max lv gear 9 and leia/lando totally max/moded.

I have ackbar/solider/scout unlocked and decent enough...since they used to be only f2p options but I like aforementioned party most.
  • I would finish B2 shards and then start on wedge from cantina battles while you are gearing up your droids.
    Ditto St Han once hk shards are done.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Goldy wrote: »

I have Biggs at 7*, HRsc at 7*, Lando at 7*.

I beat the 7* with a far worse team than that mate, you should be fine with the other 2 at 7* and all at G8 (9 preferably). Ackbar is awesome for it but not needed, I didn't haven't him. STH is more important for the final battle, and with Wiggs you'll do it no problem. Hope that helps :smile:

Goldy
  • it depends on what's important. how important is arena to you? how much do you want palpatine?

we will see the event soon either yet this month or november or december.

myself i don't care much about arena anymore. not sure i ever did. i'm not one of those competitive people and i'm fine taking my time farming my characters. i get crystals elsewhere i don't need to be number one to get them.

i'd finish your rebels. i was hitting them hard for awhile but i've got one left to six star and then i'm out of steam for farming rebels. rebels just don't excite me. once i actually get palpatine and have him at a level i'm happy with i'll go back to farming rebels for tier 7 of the event.