Wiggs led Lando or Lando led Wiggs

Durrun
1019 posts Member
Got a guy on my server running Lando led Wiggs and wondered about the exact benafits of each. From what I see
Lando lead : garunteed first strike due to speed gain and crits.
Wedge lead : more overall damage??? And faster Lando due to TM gains on aoe

What have you Wiggs fanboys found works better for you?

(Bonus question.) Does your answer change when you add another rebel to the squad?

Replies

• Baze
    182 posts Member
    If speed is more important to you, then AA lead is best. If TM + gains to health and offense is more important to you, then Wedge lead is good. If moderate speed (a.k.a. you have solid speed secondaries on mods) but boost to Crit Dmg is important to you then Lando lead is good.

More Powah = Wedge
    Slightly less Powah but a bit faster = Lando
    Even less Powah but more Speed (with a pinch of tenacity) = AA

Decisions decisions.
  • Ben_kenobi
    447 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I think the general rule is if you need more speed on your SThan or Biggs, in order to go first, you run wedge lead, if not run wedge lead. People on my server have tried ackbar lead and let's just say that lasted about half a day.
  • Yeah depends on opposition. I usually prefer wedge overall due to TM gain on crit and more baseline power.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    For me it's about the mood in my shard, we seem to all rotate the lead and if you need to go first it's lando, if not it's wedge.

I prefer wedge so I just keep bumping his seppd hoping I can keep him fast enough to not need lando lead.
  • Yeah i swap between wedge and lando, depending on how fast opponent's st han is.
  • The only thing you need to care about is how fast your shard opponent's Biggs are. If you can make your Biggs faster without Lando lead, then run Wedge lead.

In a mirror match, all you have to do is target Biggs first with the triple hit, and you win.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Lando for intial speed burst if you need it
    When looking at just rebels Wedge lead is better than lando lead in every other way.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Same question but changing the scenario.... They have shoretrooper... Who do you use?
  • Durrun wrote: »
    Same question but changing the scenario.... They have shoretrooper... Who do you use?

This is a tough situation. I would run wedge lead when facing shoretrooper because of the damage increase rather than speed. I'm still figuring out how to beat a guy in my shard who uses Shoretrooper and sun fac. DO NOT REMOVE THE TAUNT FROM SHORETROOPER. It cools down quicker.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Durrun wrote: »

I still say wedge lead. More non crit damage.

If shore gets a turn you are gonna be limited with crit damage for a couple of turns so that 30% offense will be even more important.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    The only thing you need to care about is how fast your shard opponent's Biggs are. If you can make your Biggs faster without Lando lead, then run Wedge lead.

In a mirror match, all you have to do is target Biggs first with the triple hit, and you win.

Wouldn't you target their Wedge first with the triple hit? I prefer leaving Biggs alone if I can help it
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    The only thing you need to care about is how fast your shard opponent's Biggs are. If you can make your Biggs faster without Lando lead, then run Wedge lead.

Wouldn't you target their Wedge first with the triple hit? I prefer leaving Biggs alone if I can help it

Wedge is always my first target
    Than lando
  • Really?
    scuba wrote: »

Than lando

Biggs/Lando first...
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I've been finding its about WHEN you target Biggs. He's the one with the real power attack. I target him when
    A: he is going shortly anyway
    B: my heavy hits are ready
    C: I have taunt up

Only then will I whack him so he gets fewer turns and his damage is lesser
    I also believe @Nicol_Bolas is correct that for your Biggs is first before theirs to target Biggs first. Good chance of killing him instantly and you know his triple hit is up next anyway crit or not.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Really?

Than lando

Biggs/Lando first...

I agree with the Wedge first. Wedges basic can hit for 14k alone and his AOE is deadly. Biggs assist is all he really had going for him. Dont get me wrong hes stillndeadly but I think Wedge is what makes him deadly.
  • Durrun wrote: »
    I've been finding its about WHEN you target Biggs. He's the one with the real power attack. I target him when
    A: he is going shortly anyway
    B: my heavy hits are ready
    C: I have taunt up

Only then will I whack him so he gets fewer turns and his damage is lesser
    I also believe @Nicol_Bolas is correct that for your Biggs is first before theirs to target Biggs first. Good chance of killing him instantly and you know his triple hit is up next anyway crit or not.

Well said +42
  • Biggs is the better first target for a few reasons.

1. Their Biggs is likely the first guy to move on their team, if they have modded their guys correctly. That makes him a prime target. Your triple hit is guaranteed to crit on all 3 hits, and will kill their Biggs.

2. Wedge is much easier to kill using AoE than Biggs. If you leave Biggs alive and start using AoE, every crit on Biggs will give him 100% TM. Every guy he calls to assist will have guaranteed crit, and will gain 10% TM. Lando becomes quite dangerous in this case.

3. Some people run Palp in their Wiggs team. Every little ping from Palp (even the one at the end of his turn) will give Biggs 100% TM... very annoying
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Really?

Than lando

Biggs/Lando first...

I am not using wiggs anymore so I can't take Biggs out with multiple assist attack, so trying to mostly remember from past battles.

That is why wedge first, if not I keep crit hitting Biggs who will call wedge every other turn. So I get rid of wedge first.

I think when I did run wiggs vs wiggs I took out wedge first if I went before he did his AoE, if not than I think I took out Biggs. So it was always situational.

I still think Wedge is still bigger threat.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    One of the main reasons I attack Wedge first is to get rid of the Red Leader bonus from Biggs. He falls off hard after that.
    Maybe it's different if you're facing Wedge lead, but most of my server has Lando lead including me.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    One of the main reasons I attack Wedge first is to get rid of the Red Leader bonus from Biggs. He falls off hard after that.
    Maybe it's different if you're facing Wedge lead, but most of my server has Lando lead including me.

I am pretty sure that the bonus stays even after wedge dies
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    9/10 times I run Rex lead with Lando, Wiggs, and a brute Sun Fac. Sometimes I run Landakin (Lando or Rex lead), with Rex, and Wiggs. I generally never run Wedge lead. I stay #1 8/10 times on payout, but that also requires strategy and/or sniping on the last 1-7 minutes. It's tough at the top!

https://swgoh.gg/u/snakesonaplane/
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba wrote: »

Than lando

And if they have Anakin?