Preferred jedis

Prev1
So what are people's thoughts on which jedi to form a team with in the new raid and why?

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Bariss (L)
    Ani
    Aayla
    IGD
    Kit

Bariss omega lead plus the jedi raid bonus of a 15% passive heal would give every jedi, every turn about 8k since all 5 r tanky, even more so with her lead. Also, she passively removes debuffs on jedi and not only has an equalize heal, but a heal on basic attack.

Ani for offense up and additional attacks if anyone is brought below 50%. He pairs nicely w/ Bariss in that regard.

Aayla for stuns, counters and assist calls on basic and counter.

IGD for 100% more damage vs. droids on basic and in case his lead turns out 2 b better than Bariss.

Kit for squad potency up (helps IGD, Aayla and Ani), counters, additional basic attacks and tm gain.
  • Jedi are not great in this game in large part due to lack of damage. Giving them a heal boost won't help too much in that department. So I'm really focusing on the few Jedi who can do good damage (Anakin, QGJ, and Aayla), and ones that may do high damage against droids (IGD).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    3 of the jedi u mentioned r 3 of the same i mentioned. Longevity is the new tm reduction imo. The longer u stay alive, the more damage u do. I understand why u would pick QGJ over Bariss or Kit, but who would your 5th b and why ?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Bariss (L)
    Ani
    Aayla
    IGD
    Kit

Bariss omega lead plus the jedi raid bonus of a 15% passive heal would give every jedi, every turn about 8k since all 5 r tanky, even more so with her lead. Also, she passively removes debuffs on jedi and not only has an equalize heal, but a heal on basic attack.

Ani for offense up and additional attacks if anyone is brought below 50%. He pairs nicely w/ Bariss in that regard.

Aayla for stuns, counters and assist calls on basic and counter.

IGD for 100% more damage vs. droids on basic and in case his lead turns out 2 b better than Bariss.

Kit for squad potency up (helps IGD, Aayla and Ani), counters, additional basic attacks and tm gain.

Plo Koon or Old Ben instead of Kit imo. Offense down should make your squad last much longer.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    3 of the jedi u mentioned r 3 of the same i mentioned. Longevity is the new tm reduction imo. The longer u stay alive, the more damage u do. I understand why u would pick QGJ over Bariss or Kit, but who would your 5th b and why ?

Because they will all get a free heal already, I'm not sure another healer would be needed. So I want as much damage as possible. If it's anything like the current raid there is a window of time in which to do damage before the boss becomes enraged. Longevity at the cost of DPS can be counter productive if you give up too much DPS. And Barriss's attack power is almost nonexistent. Unless the extra healer is absolutely 100% essential to keeping them alive she will be dead weight.

If I do need another healer to outheal the damage of the enemy I'd rather gear up Lumi. She immediately gives you 45% of her health. And then gives you 20% and 20% more over the next two turns. I stopped using healers for anything a while ago since they have been left behind by the meta. But I can get my gear 8 Lumi to gear 10 right now with extra gear I have laying around. Then with some spare health mods I can get her health over 20k making her 45%/20%/20% heals 9000/4000/4000. That seems like plenty of healing with the raid bonus on top of it. Plus her attack power is vastly superior to Barriss.

Kit Fisto is OK. Even with the buff they gave him he is a weak hitter. (Hopefully the new gear level gives him a boost) So I haven't farmed him yet. So the best Jedi I have are Anakin and QGJ at gear 11, and Aayla and IGD at gear 10. Besides Lumi I might take my gear 8 Ahsoka up to gear ten. Modded correctly and with Anakin lead I've seen people do 30-40k damage with her special. And she can heal herself. I'm just reluctant to use her since she loses the boost that makes her useful after a few crits.
  • Anyone think eeth koth would be worth it. Does decent damage especially against droids and inflicts defense down
  • I gotta disagree with barriss, her heal and bonus health are not going to help that much. Health is not as valuable as protection, which is less valuable than damage.

Igd lead
    Anakin
    Aayla
    QGJ
    Lumi

Luminara will give you all the healing you need and she has the advantage over Barriss of not swinging a wet noodle on offense.

The introduction of protection killed Barriss' value completely.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    @JacenRoe, @BrtStlnd

Bariss in these lineups isn't really about the heal, but the dispel. From the datamines, all of the phases will have tons of ability block/offense down/speed down/etc effects you'll have to cope with.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    @JacenRoe, @BrtStlnd

Bariss in these lineups isn't really about the heal, but the dispel. From the datamines, all of the phases will have tons of ability block/offense down/speed down/etc effects you'll have to cope with.

I saw that. I've thought of using Yoda to just keep tenacity up buff on my team as much as possible. If you go all out for speed with his mods he goes constantly. The DPS of his little love taps starts to add up. Alternatively EE might get the call for this raid.

Barriss has only a chance at removing a single buff from each fellow Jedi at the end of her turn. I really dislike those inconsistent and passive abilities for that job. I want a dependable ability I can control. I use to have Barriss lead as my main strategy for GW daily for months before the devs decided they hated healers. Her cleanse was kind of neat as an afterthought. A bonus that helped when it worked, but was frustratingly unreliable.
  • Anyone think eeth koth would be worth it. Does decent damage especially against droids and inflicts defense down
    Eeth Koth is good on paper against droids, but I doubt he'd make any signifant impact in the new raid unless he's Gear XX.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yoda will be key to block debuffs, use qgj as lead for speed, add anakin, mace, lumi, kit, aayla or igd depending on your play pref, if you have ashoka modded well her too
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    30% offense and 20% crit damage from Ani lead would b far superior to a little speed from QGJ. 20% health and passive heals from Bariss lead would b better. IGD lead would b better. Even Lumi lead. Yoda lead to resist some of those debuffs and gain tm. Anything practically would b better than a little speed imo.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I gotta disagree with barriss, her heal and bonus health are not going to help that much. Health is not as valuable as protection, which is less valuable than damage.

Igd lead
    Anakin
    Aayla
    QGJ
    Lumi

Luminara will give you all the healing you need and she has the advantage over Barriss of not swinging a wet noodle on offense.

^ This!

I thought barriss was being erased from everybodies memories for being useless

Besides why would you give up IGD's jedi grp hug for a lousy passive heal?

Also: kit fisto instead of lumi
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I gotta disagree with barriss, her heal and bonus health are not going to help that much. Health is not as valuable as protection, which is less valuable than damage.

Igd lead
    Anakin
    Aayla
    QGJ
    Lumi

^ This!

Fisto uses the same lightsaber as Barriss, Lumi is a much better choice
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Jedi Knight Guardinan, come on down. Now is your time to shine.
  • Dont you dare to forfet Snips! Healing and Damage...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Keldo wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Guardinan, come on down. Now is your time to shine.

Offense down on basic, she'd do nicely with IGD lead
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • And she only need 1900 puples.......
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Igd lead
    Anakin
    Aayla
    QGJ
    Lumi

^ This!

Fisto uses the same lightsaber as Barriss, Lumi is a much better choice

Double attack, potency buff and his attack isnt that bad
  • Old Ben's Mind Tricks is going to get resisted like nobody's business I reckon, so unless you are taking him in for his death bonuses, I'm not sure of his value in a Jedi squad.
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Old Ben's Mind Tricks is going to get resisted like nobody's business I reckon, so unless you are taking him in for his death bonuses, I'm not sure of his value in a Jedi squad.

Yes, if the droids are anything like the Rancor, they'll have ridiculous amounts of tenacity.
  • Have you guys thought that maybe pure damage and number of squads will be the most important thing for the raid?

In the datamine it does say they'll all have fearsome for or whatever it's called, so maybe it'll just be about getting in as much damage as you can, while being able to survive, before you start getting tagged with 100k hits

Maybe there won't be whole part solos with this raid
  • What devs say and what actually happens are always 2 different things...
    No amount of testing can come close to the "exploit seeking" nature of gamers

Then again, jedis and jawas get boni (potency, crit chance or whatever), so its a fair bet that having a jawa and jedi squad at hand can't hurt
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I often run IGD, Lumi, Kit, Ahsoka and QGJ. The counter chance is enough high to get more damages. Kit often hits two times, Lumi can block abilities and Ahsoka can either provide Health or kick harder depending on the opponent 's health. QGJ for all his known abilities.
  • I will try, IGD, Anakin, Qgj, Aaylah and Yoda
  • plo kloon
  • dispells basic
  • new teebo pf the raid
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    I gotta farm more jedi, gggrrrrrr.