J7000
2059 posts Member
Apologies but this is not a f2p team:

Bariss-lead
Old Daka
Lumni
Old Ben
Geo Soldier

Sure it's dps sucks but it does an amazing job.
The lack of DPS actually helps because it offers so many heals and damage mitigation it extends the battles to allow cool down refresh. Heals, Res, control, and just enough dps. Its my Cadillac. :)

Replies

• ... how most of the teams we are now paired with are:

Lumi
    Daka
    JC
    Sid
    Dooku

or slight variants thereof (if you're lucky there's only 2 healers or 1 stunner in there)? Gone are the slightly more varied team compositions. Or I just got 3 strange GW, that's also possible with odds.

I guess we are paired with teams that "won" the node, and since heals/stuns is the new black in GW that's all we ever see...

Except the last node where's it's mostly damage units because it's the node people can finally lash out at this ridiculous part of the game?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    I swear I fight dooku all twelve times in my GW....hate that guy
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Replace JC with Barriss and you have my team. I predicted this the day of the patch: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6194/tongue-in-cheek-new-galactic-war-guide
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I think it's mostly because every team advice thread points to lumi Sid and daka as must farm. Not surprising you face these types often in GW. You won't see this comp in the last 3 rounds though.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I would add Chewie to the list. Since the patch I keep seeing him on a surprising number of teams.
  • Poe, TF & 3 Healers here. It gets old after a while. :/

It's very easy though, just boring.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Poe, TF & 3 Healers here. It gets old after a while. :/

It's very easy though, just boring.

I must be doing something wrong cause these are the only teams that give me trouble. Sometimes I'll get a tough poggle team or leia/quigon but the poe+any dpser gives me trouble. Basically I have to find the combination that makes poe attack first, or get super lucky with a stun or puri.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I'd actually like to try to sub Geo for another control toon but don't have Dooku. Any ideas?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I got a full FO team plus POE last night. **** lol. All 7* and purple gear level 62. He had no heals so I was kind of shocked.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    There are still some tough teams out there. I just had a very difficult one and it was only on the 5th fight, I actually had to switch out one of my usual 5.. and my healing cooldowns are "running behind" at the moment (and it's hard to catch up with no subbing allowed).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    I'd actually like to try to sub Geo for another control toon but don't have Dooku. Any ideas?

Fives
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I hate the new GW. Just hate it. I can't reliably beat it and I'm constantly tempted to retreat and start over if somebody gets an unlucky crit just to min/max the experience. It's not fun for me anymore.

I don't want to have to train up stunners specifically to beat that game mode, but that seems like the only viable option right now. Very frustrating.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Fives

Nice one, yeah
  • Taegost
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I run Sid(leader), Dooku, Lumi, JC, Luke Skywalker... Sure, most guides recommend them, and for good reason: They're solid characters that are easy to farm (Well, I lucked out and bought the $5 Dark Side pack for Dooku when I first started). For the longest time, I only had "weak" characters and couldn't progress in PvP, which ramped up quickly on my server. Up until the last two weeks I was struggling to stay <400 in Arena, I'm doing good staying <300 now.
    Now, there's such a disparity between them and the rest of my toons that it doesn't make sense for me to start raising someone else up to their level as a replacement. I was actually looking forward to hitting 60 (which I did this morning!) Solely so I could max them out and then start working on The Replacements...
    Now it's going to be an even longer grind to replace them!
    I can clear GW reliably every day with this setup (Every now and then one of them will die, but I have a solid second-string) and I'm at the point where I *should* be able to finish <200 in Arena every day since I got Lumi to 7 stars and everyone to GL7, which is where I want to be.
    Personally, I'm not concerned with being a top arena player, especially as a (mostly) f2p player, as long as I get my 2 shipments per day, I'm happy.
  • Phasma works great, especially starred up. She has a ton of HP, a fairly strong attack and turn meter manipulation. Her AOE is nice for when you need to get around a taunt to finish someone off.

Sidious is amazing in GW, too. The heal block and AOE (again to get around a taunt) are both incredible. He also does great damage and self heals.
  • One of my GW stars is Qui Gon Jinn. His assist special gives a solid damage boost to the assister for extra burst damage and his other special removes buffs - including Taunt - while dealing good damage. Combine this with fast speed and short cooldowns and you get a pretty handy toon. And he's pay-only, which fits right in with the rest of your team :p

I actually used to run Old Ben in my team until replacing him with QGJ. Since Geo does pretty good damage, I'd probably suggest leaving him in and replacing Ben with Qui Gon if you decide to go this route.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I have only a 4 star QGJ and I'm actually liking the lack of DPS as it makes the matches slower. At four stars I think I'd have to blow heals on him. I would like his taunt remove ability. Maybe Teebo hehe
  • Dudarpg
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    http://imgur.com/QGYE2Oq

Virtually impossible to win. My team is top 10 of my server and I can not win this comp. ( my team Sid and Lumi * 7, Kylo and Daka * 6 and Dooku*4 or Phasm * 6)

**** Japanese millionaires.

To post the most difficult teams that have already found in GW or Arena.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Wow that's nasty...
  • Gotta send a suicide squad first, hope poe and ben use their abilities. Then send in your a squad.
    In my server there are 5 teams like this in the top 10. I can beat them, but I'll lose some heroes. Not something that you want in gw
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Man, that is freaking brutal. Suicide first to burn poes taunt. Then you can kill FOTP and LEIA
  • Teebo is pretty dope, im leveling a second ftp account and am going to use him.
  • For me it was Barriss today. And ofc I had to have my A team demolished by a lvl 61 all purple team in the 5th fight. Oh and I love how status effects are set in stone. You can retreat and start over ten times and the AI's first round is identical each time which means if their stuns, heal immunities etc. proc and yours do not you simply have to bite the pillow and take whatever losses the supposed RNG gives you. Thanks EA/CG.
  • On some of the easier nodes from 5 on I'll use a slight variant of my arena team just to give some unlucky bloke a hernia. Facing Phasma, Poe, Leia, QGJ, and Ewok Elder at node 5 or 6 could really put a hamper on somebody's GW progress for the day, heh. Then again I occasionally draw out the last fight so there is only a single low level under geared character for somebody to fight too.

If you have a decent line of healers I think GW is significantly easier than before simply because everybody else runs healers as well. It's not difficult to beat the AI when they have relatively little damage and the fights drag out due to healing. Tanky / healer comps are probably the easiest way to beat it at the moment to be honest, simply because it generally gives you ample time to reset your heals, and your characters are rarely in danger of actually dieing. Phasma, Kylo, and 3 healers would probably spank GW with ease for instance.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    For me it was Barriss today. And ofc I had to have my A team demolished by a lvl 61 all purple team in the 5th fight. Oh and I love how status effects are set in stone. You can retreat and start over ten times and the AI's first round is identical each time which means if their stuns, heal immunities etc. proc and yours do not you simply have to bite the pillow and take whatever losses the supposed RNG gives you. Thanks EA/CG.
    Switching your lineup will change the seed used for the RNG and get you a new set of procs. I just had a node where the AI got a bunch of great procs and I got a bunch of terrible ones. I retreated just before my team was wiped out. I swapped in Talia and out Lumi and had no problems taking them out while stalling at the end to refill health and cooldowns.

• J7000 wrote: »
    I got a full FO team plus POE last night. **** lol. All 7* and purple gear level 62. He had no heals so I was kind of shocked.

I got FO Phasma lead, Kylo, FOTP, Doku and poe at 9th node.I was like ****. I had to play a lot with RNG by swapping in and out my chars. I run old Daka for GW with phasma lead so I get many lucky stuns. In the end I won battered. Next round swapped Talia in for cbewie and used sacrifice heal on my main toons. Finally completed all 12.
  • GW has been giving me fits. I am lucky if I make it to round 7. I have a pretty good team. I am a pay to test player(don't pay to win) I like to try all the different guys. My guys are fairly good. I think the problem is The opponents are based on the total power of all your guys combined. The reason I think this is because I face 3rd round toons who hit harder than my exact same toon 61 guys. In other words. Their rd3 Sid (level 57) is hitting a lot harder than my level 61 6* max gear for my level Sid. This is a consistant thing for me. Across the board starting at rd2 all their guys hit harder than my equivalent higher gear star level guys. Comparing Sid to Sid for example. I am not saying their fotp is hitting harder than my baress.

Anyone else who has a variety of guys leveled in their 30's and 40's coupled with a strong team of maxed guys having this same problem? Because on Paper my guys are pretty darn good. But in gw they get shredded My arena squad is 20k power and this with using Vader and a 5* old Ben.-- so my heavies are pretty good.

its crazy to me. Not sure how my team could be close to losing guys by round 3. I mean severely weakened. And mind you. I have quit and tried every combo imagineable to kee this from happening on many of my fights. The only weakness I see on my team are my daka and lumi. They aren't max leveled or stared yet. But honestly with how hard the computer hits I don't see that mattering. So many instances where my entire team is at like 25 percent before I can even get a heal off. And this is like round 3 or 4 with my A team. The dmg the computer does is rediculous.
  • What are your ability levels at?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • These are my main guys.
    Phasma 6* 3,4,3,5
    Ren 6* 5,4,5,6
    Jin 6* 4,5,3,5
    Sid 6* 4,4,4,4
    Ben 5* 3,4,4,3
    Vader 4* 5,6,5,4
    Lando 4* 3,4,5,4
    Fett 5* 3,4,1,3
    Lumi 4* 3,3,3,3
    Fisto 5* 3,3,1,4
    Daka 4* 3,3,1,3
    Bane 6* 3,3,1,3

These are my main guys. All have purple maxed for level gear. As you can see I tried alit of different guys out. Spread my skill material a bit thin. But. At that time I was winning GW. Once I started leveling up other toons and a killing them up as well. (I have quite a few level 40's with upgraded skills and gear.) things started going south really fast. The amount of dmg done to my fully geared level 62/ 61 guys by level 57 computer guys is rediculous. If I am just a tad unlucky (it happens more times than you would guess) the computer kills off one of my guys before I can respond or do anything to save them. --- rd2 or 3. To me there should be no way a level 57 toon who's not even in purple gear and has like 5 stars should be able to do that. A Sid aoe followed by a doku stun and a lumi blast can kill one of my guys or set them up to be killed before I can even act. And scenarios like this happen pretty regularly. To me. So much so that I am completly stumped by GW. And yes I have reset when that happens but. To go into rd3 severely weakened to where I've had to bench guys already just doesn't make sense to me
  • I'd say the biggest weakness in your side is healing. A 4* data and 4* dakka just don't heal enough.

Try and get a dooku. If the enemy sid does an AOE, dooku counters at least once and can bring it to half health. Plus it's own lightning and you can stun the oposition jedi healer