Why is the daily guild coin max 600 coins per guild member?

To me, the 600 max daily guild coins per guild member is too low.

It should be more like 1,000 coins per guild member. That would allow guilds the stockpile more coins to raid more often.

There is no inherent advantage for any guild if they raise the cap. All active guilds would benefit, regardless of what tier of raid they ran or if they were P2W or F2P.

Replies

• 1000 is a better number. Full guild coukd get 50k a day which makes more sense. But i guess they dont want us getting that much gear and stuff
  • It would be difficult for f2p players to get 1000 a day. I'd guess they don't want us raiding more than every other day
  • They game is not going to allow you to stock pile, lol that would end the need for the dailies. 600 was the number set so it could be fair to f2p players as it is easily achieved if you log on for the free energy, which is what the game wants. The more your online the more chances of you buying/spending crystals.

More raids equil more raid rewards, again not what the devs want. More raid rewards would take away from the need to farm (less crystal usage) and would water down every other aspect of the game. Like it or not, players who spend money and burn crystals do deserve to have an advantage over f2p.
  • It would be difficult for f2p players to get 1000 a day. I'd guess they don't want us raiding more than every other day

I think F2P players would have more incentive to spend their crystals on energy refreshes if it meant an extra drop of raid rewards. That's more guild currency, raid gear and credits. Likely very much worth the refreshes.
  • Starkblast wrote: »
    1000 is a better number. Full guild coukd get 50k a day which makes more sense. But i guess they dont want us getting that much gear and stuff

Yeah, being able to get 50k a day would allow guilds to Heroic raid almost 6 times a week. If they really want to help alleviate the gear crunch, this would be a way to do it.
  • They game is not going to allow you to stock pile, lol that would end the need for the dailies. 600 was the number set so it could be fair to f2p players as it is easily achieved if you log on for the free energy, which is what the game wants. The more your online the more chances of you buying/spending crystals.

More raids equil more raid rewards, again not what the devs want. More raid rewards would take away from the need to farm (less crystal usage) and would water down every other aspect of the game. Like it or not, players who spend money and burn crystals do deserve to have an advantage over f2p.

Considering the new gold gear added to get to gear level 11 and the gear crunch a lot of people have now, letting people accelerate the rate they receive purple gear would not be a bad thing now.

Ok, maybe don't raise it to 1,000 a day, but 800 would be a good compromise. Just something to alleviate the raid gear crunch a bit.
  • i find 30k guild coins is enough

but i agree they should raise cap of 600 so that p2p can take a load off people on vacation and what not and insure some guilds get their 30k coins anyways

but i agree they should raise cap of 600 so that p2p can take a load off people on vacation and what not and insure some guilds get their 30k coins anyways

This.

There should be a daily guild cap instead of individual.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    They game is not going to allow you to stock pile, lol that would end the need for the dailies. 600 was the number set so it could be fair to f2p players as it is easily achieved if you log on for the free energy, which is what the game wants. The more your online the more chances of you buying/spending crystals.

Considering the new gold gear added to get to gear level 11 and the gear crunch a lot of people have now, letting people accelerate the rate they receive purple gear would not be a bad thing now.

Ok, maybe don't raise it to 1,000 a day, but 800 would be a good compromise. Just something to alleviate the raid gear crunch a bit.

That's just wishful thinking from a "be fair" perspective. The game is about one think, making money, we have to realize this and know that it is their rite to do so. Often times it sucks but as long as there is a level playing field (the tournament was not) and it does not take away from what players have done (original mods did not) we truly have no basis to complain.

Doing what you have asked would water down the playing field. You asking them to increase the drop rate (or give you more chances at it), how would this be fair to players who have been raiding since April? Now players starting in August will be able to catch up to them without having to spend money. This is the same thing that the original mods did and why a lot of players quit the game. Ask any high level guild and see how many they lost and how long it took to replace those members...

This.

Yeah, that would be a nice compromise. Cap the daily GUILD total at 30k and NOT individual totals at 600 per day.

That way guilds don't suffer if guild mates are on vacation or have leaves of absence to deal with real life issues.

We have said this many times in our guild. People have lives and sometimes things come up; work, school, vacations, etc. If they raised the indvidual to 800-1000 the guild wouldn't suffer for life getting in the way sometimes.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    600 is already difficult to enforce, all it takes is one person to miss their 600 energy and you lose out on the max potential coin income.

I DO like the idea of raising the individual cap to give guilds some leeway.
  • I earn way over 600 but even so I don't think it should be raised. A guild structure where F2P and all levels of P2P can coexist like we have now is best IMO.

Won't the new raid mean we're basically double earning anyway? So this is kind of a non-issue...
  • The idea of capping guild to 30k daily and not individual cap is a good idea.
  • +10000000000000000

Agree 100%.
    Do or do not...

This.

I pointed this out when they put the 30k cap in place and so many people responded saying this was a terrible idea. I dont' get why anyone would complain. This is the best solution. It allows for F2P players to be a little more casual and still not kill Guilds for those who are not hardcare. It would also allow for P2W players to help out their friends who are on vacation or need a day to rest. My guild has never required 600 per day and we probably never will. We do however get almost 25k a day. It would be nice to get that extra 5000 from those who want to go over the cap. I get about 800-1000 a day and would love for this to count. Maybe how that two raids are in they will make this change.

This.

Yep exactly. Therefore more of my energy will count & make up for the members that don't do 600 & the fact my guild has only about 40 members. We're lucky to get 13,000 a day.

• KyloRey wrote: »
    It would be difficult for f2p players to get 1000 a day. I'd guess they don't want us raiding more than every other day

I think F2P players would have more incentive to spend their crystals on energy refreshes if it meant an extra drop of raid rewards. That's more guild currency, raid gear and credits. Likely very much worth the refreshes.

A F2P can't reach 1000 every day.

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    JackMek wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »
    It would be difficult for f2p players to get 1000 a day. I'd guess they don't want us raiding more than every other day

A F2P can't reach 1000 every day.

Too true. Assuming you earn up to 200 crystals a day, that gets you two energy refreshes for LS/DS battles and one refresh for the Cantina. Let's also assume you have reached level 80 so you have 139 energy in both to spend daily assuming you let it accumulate to that point. 139 x 3 (for LS/DS) = 417, 139 x 2 (for cantina) = 278, add 417 + 278 and you get 695. Add in the 45 free Cantina daily + 135 free LS/DS energy daily and you have an added 180 energy. 695 + 180 = 875. That is close to 1000 but this assumes a high level, full GW completion, full daily completion and full energy refill daily which with the cantina is impossible on a daily basis (120 energy takes 24 hours to fill). If you have a good Arena team (100 or better) you can add one additional LS/DS refill from the 100 crystals you get. If you are number one you have 500 more crystals to spend but that's not a reality for most f2p teams (doable to be sure but not common).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Switching to a guild cap.system would be good for guilds that are only partially full I spend more than 600 a day easily but my guild can only raid once a week because we don't have enough people and before you say we'll then join a bigger guild I don't want too I created my guild and am trying to grow it which is a whole separate issue doing something like this would help partial guilds ando level the playing field a bit
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Switching to a guild cap.system would be good for guilds that are only partially full I spend more than 600 a day easily but my guild can only raid once a week because we don't have enough people and before you say we'll then join a bigger guild I don't want too I created my guild and am trying to grow it which is a whole separate issue doing something like this would help partial guilds ando level the playing field a bit

Yeah, the 30k guild cap would also help those undermanned guilds, like yours.

I see now downside for them doing this.