Best Mods for Savage Opress?

Laz
190 posts Member
Hi guys. I have a 7* lvl 80 gear 9 savage but I feel like I'm not getting max use out of him. What are the best mods that I can give him?

Replies

• Options
    Since he is pure DPS i would say:

somehow Speed and and one of those great+36% Crit Damage-mods
  • Options
    No mods can help a character that bad. Just don't use him.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options

Wish I would have known that before I farmed my life away getting him.
  • Options
    I did all crit chance sets with crit dmg primary triangle. You want him to crit to land that offense down debuff.
    An accuracy arrow may be useful since he seems to whiff more than the average toon.
  • Options
    With all crit chance mods with speed secondaries and Palpatine leader, he is almost good enough for arena. He has solid single target damage, is very tanky, has a solid debuff, a useful unique, and a great finishing move. But he just doesn't bring enough to compete for a spot on a top tier arena team.

That said, he is wonderful in GW.
  • Options
    He is decent in GW, I stack as much crit chance on him as possible, with a potency cross and a speed arrow. Even with all of that, his crit chance is pretty low, ~60% for my 6* g9 Savage, making his debuff pretty unreliable. I will admit, however, that it is pretty good when it lands and Palp lead heals a lot of health for him because of his huge health pool.
    So, I would say as much crit chance as you can get on him will make him good. If you have amazing crit chance secondaries (or are using a crit chance lead instead of Palpy), you can even give him a crit damage triangle and/or a crit damage set to give him some good damage. Still not good enough for a spot in arena.
  • Options

This may sound like a revolutionary idea... but some players enjoy playing as the characters they like most, with zero consideration to tier lists. They just play who they like, and try to make it work.

Shocking huh?
  • Options
    he truly isnt bad. Stick tenacity crit chance and crit damge on him. He can hit very large when the situation is right. i still havent found the best home for him but he is in no way a trash character. I hope they add some bad **** synergy between him and maul
  • rasengan1337
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i'm considering zeta'ing him and using him in a squad with zeta Barriss.
    so i'm researching which mods to equip. sounds like crit mods might be best.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    He's not a terrible character at all. Once zeta'd, he is a beast under a Zaul lead. I would say a requirement with a Zaul team. If you have him zeta'd, go full health mods. He'll gain more heal that way. Don't go tenacity, he dispels debuffs if he is critically hit. Maybe crit chance and crit dmg, but health first and foremost I'd say
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Holy necro.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    He's not a terrible character at all. Once zeta'd, he is a beast under a Zaul lead. I would say a requirement with a Zaul team. If you have him zeta'd, go full health mods. He'll gain more heal that way. Don't go tenacity, he dispels debuffs if he is critically hit. Maybe crit chance and crit dmg, but health first and foremost I'd say

hmm... i have a ton of those :)
    thanks for the input.
  • Options

What are you talking about? He's a solid toon that can 1v4 a lot of teams out there. He's annoying to deal with and unless you have a perfect counter to him.
  • Options

What are you talking about? He's a solid toon that can 1v4 a lot of teams out there. He's annoying to deal with and unless you have a perfect counter to him.

This was likely written before zetas

Consider crit chance too, since offense down is applied on critical hits
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

hmm... i have a ton of those :)
    thanks for the input.

Health>protection here by far
  • Options
    Lesson is reworks are always op
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Lesson is reworks are always op

And a lot of fun
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    It's great to see how much changed since this thread was first started. I still don't see a solid answer as to what are the best mods. I use him under a EP lead for now.
  • Options
    I use mods that keep him alive. His 2 main functions are cleansing your other Sith which can load up the DOTs on him or executing when someone is <50% which has nothing to do with his stats. Yes having CC/CD or Offense under DN is useful but the damage on his basic is not why you run Zavage.
  • Options
    Laz wrote: »
    It's great to see how much changed since this thread was first started. I still don't see a solid answer as to what are the best mods. I use him under a EP lead for now.

I just Zeta him and plan to use him to Solo P1 of tank. It's recommended to use health mod sets with defense and protection primaries. I don't use cc mods and I can land offense down pretty frequently.
  • Options
    Laz wrote: »

Health. Speed isn't super important since he gains 30% tm when he takes damage. If you use him unde DN, health and protection
  • Options
    offence and health mods work for me
    Lost in the 20th century