Question for devs. Canon only toons?

Since this is a Disney licensed game will all characters have to be Canon?

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Good question but I think I know the answer. Yes only canon since it's disney licensed. Hk47 is in there because is created by Bioware for knights of the old republic. EA bought Bioware and now it's in here which might suggest more Kotor toons will be added in the future (hopefully).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Ok then, but any chances of including Elza in a coming update?
  • @Nonemo Ezra? Or elza fett the parady :p
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo wrote: »

Could you mean Ezra from Rebels? If so, then that is 100% canon & a Disney show to boot, so anything from there is possible. I'd love any of the Inquisitors, the adult Ahsoka, and Zeb.
  • Nauros
    5419 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Good question but I think I know the answer. Yes only canon since it's disney licensed. Hk47 is in there because is created by Bioware for knights of the old republic. EA bought Bioware and now it's in here which might suggest more Kotor toons will be added in the future (hopefully).

OK, so there should be no problem with KOTOR characters. But how about KOTOR II? How do the rights work for a sequel developed by someone else?
  • Nonemo wrote: »

Elsa from Frozen?
  • CronozNL wrote: »

It's too bad because there are a lot of awesome EU characters they could add. And who cares since it's just a collectible game? If anything they are missing out on potential profits making characters like Mara Jade pack only.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This game is non-canon. Disney owns licensing rights to all things Star Wars, including legends. Knowing that, and considering the inclusion of hk47, there is no logical or legal reason to believe that we won't see more legends characters.

Gooooo Kyp Durron and Corran Horn.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Telaan wrote: »
    This game is non-canon. Disney owns licensing rights to all things Star Wars, including legends. Knowing that, and considering the inclusion of hk47, there no logical or legal reason to believe that won't see more legends characters.

Gooooo Kyp Durron and Corran Horn.

This. A similar question comes up in the tabletop games and card games from fantasy flight. They are allowed to use previously established and new characters for their games, but those that are now in the legends brand will stay there unless explicitly shown in canon media like a film, book, comic, etc.
  • I want Grand Admiral Thrawn.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Cecton wrote: »
    Elsa from Frozen?
    Well, she's Disney canon so maybe? ;)
    I want Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    Finally, someone else besides me calls for the greatest character ever!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.