Why so much OP complaining?

I may have only been around for less than a week, but why is every other post people complaining about how OP every other character is? Rather than simply coming up with a way to beat the teams that stand in their way, people seem to just sit here and complain about the characters. Is that kind of par for the course with this forum?

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It is the current course yes. There are maybe 2 toons that could be nerfed imo, however I'm too terrified of the nerf trend to support any nerfs atm. I'd rather there be a couple out of balance toons than see the nerf bat swinging. Also I think we should wait until level 70 before anything is considered.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Yup. Every time I see one off the OP, nerf, my team can't beat this team, pleas make me number 1 always threads I wish there was a way to hide Discussions on the forum.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    It's because the millennials are growing up in a protected world where everyone gets a trophy and no one can lose or get their feelings hurt. It's not fair if my little digital char kills yours and everyone should hold hands and skip down the street.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Mizo wrote: »
    It's because the millennials are growing up in a protected world where everyone gets a trophy and no one can lose or get their feelings hurt. It's not fair if my little digital char kills yours and everyone should hold hands and skip down the street.

:D Thanks for the lunch time laugh! At least some see the world how it is!
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yup. Every time I see one off the OP, nerf, my team can't beat this team, pleas make me number 1 always threads I wish there was a way to hide Discussions on the forum.

+1 I wish I could hide threads

+10
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mizo wrote: »

I wanted to write something like this but I was afraid they would peacefully protest me by occupying my lawn and bring my property value down. Not like they have anything better to do, like...work. There needs to be a game where everything ends in a draw and all the characters are exactly the same for them to play.

Not everything was created equal or meant to be equal. Why people expect everything to be perfectly balanced in games is beyond me.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Not everything was created equal or meant to be equal. Why people expect everything to be perfectly balanced in games is beyond me.

Well, because if it isn't and there is a clear path to win, there is no game, there is no challenge, there is nothing to do, and it stop being a game to become just a coin flip. We prefer games! Challenges! Merit!
  • Otar wrote: »

Well, because if it isn't and there is a clear path to win, there is no game, there is no challenge, there is nothing to do, and it stop being a game to become just a coin flip. We prefer games! Challenges! Merit!

Apparently unrealistic expectations are high on your list as well.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Otar wrote: »

Apparently unrealistic expectations are high on your list as well.

I guess i was spoiled by all those previous REAL GAMES i played...

+10

Loool, spilled my drink
    Gen-X'ers did the same thing 20 years ago with games like this when they were in college. It's not a millennials thing, it's a game player's thing.

The issue is that if something is too out of balance then the game is less fun. If there's a strategy that beats every other strategy then the game is that much less interesting. Sometimes nerfing some characters and pumping up others to balance the game a bit more will make the game more fun. I honestly don't know if that's the case here, I don't play at that level, but sometimes nerfing is necessary. It also tends to be necessary more often just after a game is released. This game is fairly new so it's expected that there will be some balance issues.

Haha, this is probably correct.
  • garublador wrote: »
    Gen-X'ers did the same thing 20 years ago with games like this when they were in college. It's not a millennials thing, it's a game player's thing.

The issue is that if something is too out of balance then the game is less fun. If there's a strategy that beats every other strategy then the game is that much less interesting. Sometimes nerfing some characters and pumping up others to balance the game a bit more will make the game more fun. I honestly don't know if that's the case here, I don't play at that level, but sometimes nerfing is necessary. It also tends to be necessary more often just after a game is released. This game is fairly new so it's expected that there will be some balance issues.

Except there isn't a strategy that beats everything else there's just lazy whiners that want theirs to beat a specific strategy that they don't have.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

Dude, I just spit out my Red's Hard Apple Cider.. messed up thing is this isn't even a joke.