Time to revisit raid rewards

Replies

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't care so much about the reward structure.
    Simply put every member of the Guild on the leaderboard with 0 damage when the Raid opens.

Most "raid rules" are built around making sure everyone gets into the Raid which is **** to have to do.

Love this idea & totally agree. People that put in the effort to have a better raid team SHOULD get better rewards. Even with our stop-gap rules someone almost always gets left out.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    With the AAT raid now running into many of the same issues as the Rancor, I'd like to revisit the topic. I don't have any new suggestions, but I'd like to repeat the old ones.

Instead of scaling rank rewards by up to 1000% between 50th and first, set the scaling to 40% (if 50th gets 5 units or reward, 1st gets 7 units of reward), and on raid launch place everyone in the guild on the leaderboard at 0 damage.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    With the AAT raid now running into many of the same issues as the Rancor, I'd like to revisit the topic. I don't have any new suggestions, but I'd like to repeat the old ones.

Instead of scaling rank rewards by up to 1000% between 50th and first, set the scaling to 40% (if 50th gets 5 units or reward, 1st gets 7 units of reward), and on raid launch place everyone in the guild on the leaderboard at 0 damage.

Or just institute a 0 damage period where people can sacrifice weak toons for no damage. That's what literally every top tier guild does that I know of.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    We do that. We shouldn't have to though.
  • Options

If you didn't do that, EA would be sending rewards to inactive players. Why would you reward laziness? This isn't an important changr at all.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

+10000000...
    Players should not have to compensate for poor design, which is what this. Playing around or with a bug till fixed is one thing poor design is another. They even had a second raid released where they could fix it but nope leave it so the players have to manipulate the raid for something that should be automatic.
  • Options
    While we're at it, normal AAT should have rancor gear as well. As it stands you can't use normal AAT to progress to heroic since it only helps you gear up your top guys. And heroic AAT requires more characters/teams to be geared up.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

If you didn't do that, EA would be sending rewards to inactive players. Why would you reward laziness? This isn't an important changr at all.

Kicking/managing inactive players is much more in the realm of what a good guild leader should be doing. Coming up with and enforcing increasing convoluted raid rules out of game (without so much as a guild notification or announcement system especially) is not.

I also still strongly support tightening the raid reward distribution, although that's not as universally agreed upon.
  • Options
    And while we're at it, challenge gear should be completely eliminated from the prizes. I burst a blood vessel every time that happens.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

a lazy person can still put 0 on the leader board in 24 hour period.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    And while we're at it, challenge gear should be completely eliminated from the prizes. I burst a blood vessel every time that happens.

Nothing worse than getting something that looks cool and is gold, but then realizing you have 328 from challenges because you can't get anyone to G11 because of stun cuffs
  • Options
    Inactive players won't get rewards because they are inactive and they reward email times out.

I agree everyone who generated coins for the current raid should automagically be on the reward list.

This really isn't too hard
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I completely agree with the narrowing of reward differential.

It would certainly make the guild more inclusive and community driven like it should be; every active member is contributing to the raid tickets so it's not like 0 effort has been put in, just because damage is lower makes no sense - the vast reward scaling just further extends the gap between top tier players and developing players. Guilds should be used as means to help close this gap no further it.

Also adding everyone to the list at 0 damage automatically is a no brainier.

It's absolutely no issue to send out rewards that wont get claimed, after all it's automated and times out for collection.
  • Options
    They have equalized rewards by giving mk3 carbani every and I mean every raid. I can even give the things away because everyone is getting them. The developers of this game are either a joke or so into getting money invested that they are destroying the life cycle. FYI we want raid gear not something from a challenge.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Dabro1974 wrote: »
    They have equalized rewards by giving mk3 carbani every and I mean every raid. I can even give the things away because everyone is getting them. The developers of this game are either a joke or so into getting money invested that they are destroying the life cycle. FYI we want raid gear not something from a challenge.

I wish I got those, I will take them all day everyday! I will say my last 3 pit raids were good. 2 full sets of cuffs.
  • Options
    It's been over a month since our last review and QoL updates are incoming. Never give up, never surrender.

Raid management for international guilds continues to be a right pain. There's no good reason I can think of that all members shouldn't be set at 0 on the board at raid launch so the full guild can get rewards without 24 hour wait periods enforced outside of the game. We can manage and remove underperformers from our guilds on our own. Let the entire guild get a payout on raid completion.

I'm still strongly in favor of a much tighter reward spread or the option for guild leaders to set guild rewards to equal across all ranks as giving players in a wide range of time zones a fair chance at a raid is almost impossible and raid completion should be about beating the challenge as a team, not challenging your teammates. This is an international game with no real way to sort guilds by region, I really feel like this is the absolute worst place to pit players against each other where we should instead be building social communities.
  • Options
    +1000000
    The Main contribution to raids are the raid tickets, not the damage, so either set payouts equal or according to contributed raid tickets
  • Options
    Yeah either a do x damage to recieve y reward, or just make it that rewards just arnt the same thing time and time again
  • Options
    It's been over a month since our last review and QoL updates are incoming. Never give up, never surrender.

Raid management for international guilds continues to be a right pain. There's no good reason I can think of that all members shouldn't be set at 0 on the board at raid launch so the full guild can get rewards without 24 hour wait periods enforced outside of the game. We can manage and remove underperformers from our guilds on our own. Let the entire guild get a payout on raid completion.

I'm still strongly in favor of a much tighter reward spread or the option for guild leaders to set guild rewards to equal across all ranks as giving players in a wide range of time zones a fair chance at a raid is almost impossible and raid completion should be about beating the challenge as a team, not challenging your teammates. This is an international game with no real way to sort guilds by region, I really feel like this is the absolute worst place to pit players against each other where we should instead be building social communities.

So uh, hello again ladies and gents. Its me again, your friendly neighborhood medetec. With another raid coming up, it's again time to review the raid design structure. I still pretty much stand behind the last review, with a few new additions.

Summary of previous:

At least the option for full even guild rewards on completion, just as TB and TW reward the guild cooperative completion of a guild challenge.

New ideas:

After the raid prize character is maxed out at 7* (basically 55 raid completions), allow guilds to sim the raid, like how GW will now be sim-able after a set number of completions
  • Options
    Or do it like TW were we join in
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Raid management for international guilds continues to be a right pain. There's no good reason I can think of that all members shouldn't be set at 0 on the board at raid launch so the full guild can get rewards without 24 hour wait periods enforced outside of the game. We can manage and remove underperformers from our guilds on our own.Let the entire guild get a payout on raid completion.

Hadn't thought about this before but it does seem like a no brainer
  • Options
    I agree with the automatic zero score for all members in the guild. Takes a guild effort to start a raid, its kind of **** that a person could log in every other hour and miss a raid completely.

Even better would be equal payouts. As it stands, its cut throat on who does damage in a raid. Because the really needed gear is in the top 3, but an officer or leader can start and finish a raid before anyone else logs on.

Challenge gear needs to get the boot. Senseless getting something you have 1000s of when the choke point is only gear from raids.

Don't have raids simmable unless even rewards. Because there will always be roster turnover, newer people never really get to do raids. They end up riding the coat tails of other members for gear.
  • Options
    Perfxion wrote: »
    Don't have raids simmable unless even rewards. Because there will always be roster turnover, newer people never really get to do raids. They end up riding the coat tails of other members for gear.

Definitely, that's why I'd suggest having the sim option contingent on you already having the raid reward character at 7 stars. Adding sims for legacy raids allows new players to still have the content progression while old players that have long since outgrown the raids dont have to deal with them anymore... which will become increasingly important as we stack a 3rd raid on top to do each week.
  • Options
    I cannot express how complete and emphatic my support for this is.
    There absolutely needs to be a methodology for handling old content, and outside of complete removal/replacement this seems like an elegant way to address the issue.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do it.

-Palpatine
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I very much like the automatic zero score posted for every guild member upon raid start. That would be a large QoL improvement.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Another raid release, another post to argue for better raid reward handling. Raids should be about working together with your guildmates to overcome a challenge, not fighting against each other. The TB/TW payout system is a far better way to deal with guild rewards.

Please consider at least giving guilds the option to toggle on equal payouts for all guild members.

Also, remove daily challenge gear from the drop table.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    "Raids have gone from something a dedicated few do, to the thing many dedicated Star Wars fans do together… which we think is awesome."
    -CG_TopHat

Let us really cooperate, and reward our cooperation. Equal shares for victory. Reference the original post for the long version.
  • Options
    I'm glad you are still nudging this @medetec divisive raid rewards are the worst for guild unity. Everyone contributed 2 3 or 4 days of tickets (shares for the spelunking trip if you will) but somehow some get to pocket more than others.

Equal pay for equal investment
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Hundreds of threads on this topic and in 2 years there has never been a single dev response. Literally not one.