How do I hold top 10 arena? Basically how do I target Wiggs?

I run Rex(L), Lando, QGJ (for debuff), STH (really fast for my shard), and ??? Leia, obi, mace,5's and a few others have rotated for the 5th spot.

I range from 8 to 25 in the arena on a younger shard (nobody has EP). I destroy droid teams with the Rex lead and the dodge teams aren't a threat. But against wiggs, Lando, jka?? Who do I go after first? Most of those combos hide behind SF, STH, and RG

So who should I farm next to round out my squad? I'm recently p2p so all toons are open?

Replies

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    If your STHan is fast enough, you can try suicide Old Ben in that 5th slot.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Wedge always you kill first, he does the bulk of the damage from Biggs special.
  • How do I make them target obi? 8/10 he's last one standing so far. I think STH is fast enough for now. I'm looking to boost that stat as one of my main priorities but for now he's faster than most on my shard.
  • If your st Han is fast enough, maybe somebody with an ability block? I took number 1 on a January shard with Lando L, fast st Han, QGJ, Cad bane and 88. Bane stuns their dispeller and then 88 hopefully ability blocks their wiggs/Lando/anakin. My shard is full of p2p Rex, sun facs, palps and wiggs. You obviously need fairly decent rng but it is possible. Hope this helps.
  • Raid Han. Target Wedge. Biggs only calls one other toon to assist. Taunt with STHan. Go from there.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If your shard is anything like mine (and Rex does just fine with all the Wiggs!), here are some options:

1. Sun Fac or B2 to sub in for QGJ
    2. Annakin or EP for your fifth
    3. RG to sub in for ST Han

Annakin is the biggest key to arena defense, IMO. He is annoying on any team. Everyone uses Anni on my shard. Well, like 75% of the teams. Including Rex lead, Wedge lead, Lando lead, Ben lead. Everyone can use Anni and do well in arena.

Example. Anni vs Wiggs. Wiggs can't ohko Annakin (unless really lucky or your mods suck), and anyone else they ohko will automatically give Annakin 75% offense up on his first attack, which is a pretty good AOE. And then you get the Offense Up buff, which gives you the DPS you need, one man down.

Rex lead, lando, annakin, Sun Fac/B2, RG/ST Han.

RG is better in some ways than ST Han. You are NOT going to go before Wiggs, so who cares about ST Han? Like you said, they are all using Sun Fac or B2, anyway. Wiggs can't shrug off stun like ur Rex team. And the big Wiggs ohko often triggers RG taunt. And Wiggs does massive single target dps, which RG is good for soaking. Even after you kill wedge, biggs is going to get a couple shots in.

The name of your game is protect lando at all cost. If you give him enough protection/health and the right speed, many Wiggs teams cannot reliably ohko him. He can hang on by a string. If you get your attack order right, you will get Lando to go and self heal. And when your anni gets his second turn, that's when you wipe Wiggs' Lando off the map with the Lando AOE plus Anni AOE before the other guy can recover.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Rex(L), Lando, QGJ, STH and Ani
    And if you're going P2P.. may want to shift to
    Rex(L), Lando, Sun Fac, STH and Ani

Focus on the relative timings of your toons, given Rex will gain 15% x 3 on Biggs opener, the rest 7.5% x 3 so its at that point that you want to come back and smack them hard i.e. before Wedge follow up. You need to open some gaps in the speed, as if all hit 100% it becomes RNG on who goes next. So may want to:

1) Ani (payback if they've taken a toon into the yellow), gives offence up to..
    2) Lando, ahead of Rex so he gets a kicker off of Rex's squad if Wedge landed a debuff
    3) Rex, probably does Squad to clear a 'hopeful' debuff, TM boosts 1) and 2) and below
    4) STH, gives TM to the above, on top of Squad so you're ready to rock again with Lando
    5) QGJ, if you're PTP, Sun Fac is best here but he'll either assist call or clear a taunt

So the fastest STHan isn't always the best :)

If you get it right, you can have Lando'd them twice before Wedge or the rest of their crew kick in.

Xio
  • Thanks for the help. That's a lot of useful information. JKA and SF and in the works so I'll focus on farming them next.
  • who is Wiggs?
  • DarthWeb52 wrote: »
    who is Wiggs?
    It's actually 2 toons : Wedge and Biggs :)