New update won't interrupt a raid in progress will it?

We're doing a heroic now. Registration won't end til 2pm pst. Hoping the new update won't kill our raid? Or should we finish early?

Replies

• great question...shouldnt id imagine as its jst an addition of raid tickets plus a new raid on raid selection page.

but would be good to get a mod response
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I don't believe it should, can't recall it happening in the past (guild was doing a T5 raid, update came, raid didn't stop or abort).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Its a client update - and a forced update. I would finish if you have the means to do so just incase - remember there are amendments to the Pit so those might cause a restart of the raid
  • Might as well finish if you can. I see no point in your guild waiting if you can finish it.

If you don't and it does a restart, you will have to go through the hassle of getting guild coins or something back. And who knows if they would even compensate.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Might as well finish if you can. I see no point in your guild waiting if you can finish it.

If you don't and it does a restart, you will have to go through the hassle of getting guild coins or something back. And who knows if they would even compensate.

They won't compensate. The update note said to dump remaining coins
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Its a client update - and a forced update. I would finish if you have the means to do so just incase - remember there are amendments to the Pit so those might cause a restart of the raid

I agree with this, no need to risk it if you don't have to.

• Fury77
    252 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Can we get a mod/dev repsonse please?

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @BentWookiee
  • heard back, that update, "shouldnt" reset raid.

but it may be better to complete jst to he safe, never know...

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    We used or coins last night to do a raid instead of starting it today as we normally would have.

Normally it wouldn't interfere with ongoing raid but it has happened once in the past where an update caused raids to end early. Just not taking the chance.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    We used or coins last night to do a raid instead of starting it today as we normally would have.

Normally it wouldn't interfere with ongoing raid but it has happened once in the past where an update caused raids to end early. Just not taking the chance.

This is the wise course. Updates have messed up raids in the past, so even if you had a legal document signed by the entire dev team swearing that it wouldn't ruin your raid... I'd still finish it anyhow. Now. I'm shocked anybody still has one open.