Help with Tier 3 Tank Challenge! :(

Feng
161 posts Member
Hey guys I'm just hit 62 ytd and had unlocked tier 3 tank challenge for today. However, I just can't seem to finish it! :(

These few tanks are the only tanks I have and I can use as of now, they are
5* chewwie lvl 56Gear 6
3* Poe lvl 53 Gear 5
2* FO storm trooper lvl 50 Gear 4
2* Jedi Knigh lvl 50(elf looking one) Gear 4
1* Royal Guard lvl 50 gear 4

I'm look for any short term help if there is :( if not I'll just go ahead with tier 2... But I really want those purple guns :(

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Your tank toons are pretty under developed. I'd continue working on them.

That being said, if you're having trouble with his shatterpoint debuff, try rotating your taunts and defense up buffs. The taunt will redirect mace and defense up will clear the debuff.
  • Pretty sure your problem is in levels/gears

You just aren't going to hit hard enough with tanks, especially since I'm willing to assume all those characters are at l3 skills at the most.

FO trooper is a good one to focus on getting gear/level up a bit for this challenge, as he will hit relatively hard for a tank, has a speed down, and is tanky.

Not much else I can advise you to do. If you want to beat challenges, you need to have geared characters. It's not just free loot.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You don't have enough damage available.

For mine I take Poe 4*, Finn 4*, Mace 4*, Chewie 4* and 5* Fives. Usually, I get hit maybe once in the first two rounds and most times, I don't get touched in the 3rd against Mace. I just burn him down with the expose from Finn and Poe along with the assist from Fives for a double attack. I don't even need to bother with the support droids.

Before I got Poe and Finn I used to use 4* Royal Guard and 4* Jedi Guardian.

Edit, you also need to up their gear level to at least 6, 4 is weak sauce.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I do it just fine with my team

Leader Boba lvl 59 4* gear 8
    Chewwie lvl 53 5* gear 6
    First order stormtroopers lvl 40 3* gear 4
    Royal Guard lvl 29 2* gear 3
    Stormtrooper lvl 40 3* gear 4

My boba and chewwie carry the team
    Also i dont use the auto i just use basic attacks to get througb first 2 rounds then auto last one
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

That being said, if you're having trouble with his shatterpoint debuff, try rotating your taunts and defense up buffs. The taunt will redirect mace and defense up will clear the debuff.
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Pretty sure your problem is in levels/gears

You just aren't going to hit hard enough with tanks, especially since I'm willing to assume all those characters are at l3 skills at the most.

FO trooper is a good one to focus on getting gear/level up a bit for this challenge, as he will hit relatively hard for a tank, has a speed down, and is tanky.

Not much else I can advise you to do. If you want to beat challenges, you need to have geared characters. It's not just free loot.

Do y'all think I should just pump all of them to lvl 62? And give as much gear as possible?

As for the skills I believe I will pump them till purple mats are required , then I will stop
  • Feng wrote: »

Do y'all think I should just pump all of them to lvl 62? And give as much gear as possible?

As for the skills I believe I will pump them till purple mats are required , then I will stop

I wouldn't waste too much in the way of resources on this, and if you want to fill out a roster there are other characters much more worthy of spending money/droids on.

Han
    Finn
    Poe
    Fives
    Boba
    FO Stormtrooper (Very underrated, IMO)

Just make sure you have 3 characters hitting over 1000 and you will probably be OK

I would say get Trooper and Poe up to 60 and gear 6, and maybe work on Han or Finn.

Han if your Sid is 7*, Finn if he isn't. Finn either way, TBH. He's very useful in anything but Arena, crits for over 4k on his first hit, applies expose, and is tanky and self heals. verall a very self-sufficient character.

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »

I wouldn't waste too much in the way of resources on this, and if you want to fill out a roster there are other characters much more worthy of spending money/droids on.

Han
    Finn
    Poe
    Fives
    Boba

Just make sure you have 3 characters hitting over 1000 and you will probably be OK

I would say get Trooper and Poe up to 60 and gear 6, and maybe work on Han or Finn.

Han if your Sid is 7*, Finn if he isn't. Finn either way, TBH. He's very useful in anything but Arena, crits for over 4k on his first hit, applies expose, and is tanky and self heals. verall a very self-sufficient character.

YAY I just cleared it manually and none of my characters died! Haha! Yeah and you're right, FO storm trooper is indeed good, the diff is just that I pumped him to Gear 6 and level 62!

Wasted quite a few millions of credit but I'm sure it's worth it!
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys I'm just hit 62 ytd and had unlocked tier 3 tank challenge for today. However, I just can't seem to finish it! :(

These few tanks are the only tanks I have and I can use as of now, they are
    5* chewwie lvl 56Gear 6
    3* Poe lvl 53 Gear 5
    2* FO storm trooper lvl 50 Gear 4
    2* Jedi Knigh lvl 50(elf looking one) Gear 4
    1* Royal Guard lvl 50 gear 4

I'm look for any short term help if there is :( if not I'll just go ahead with tier 2... But I really want those purple guns :(
    Your tank characters need levels and especially gear. I have the same problem as you, as I only keep 7 characters topped, and none is a tank. My main focus is Galactic War > Arena > Dark side missions > rest.

If you plan on using any of those tanks long term, invest in him now. Poe is very popular in arena, for example.
    He's also the best 1-man-army to overpower the boss, should you invest in him:
    1) He has a very useful damage debuff on his basic, that he consistently keeps up on boss
    2) He has a taunt, allowing him to absorb the first hit from his special while your team works on him.
    First order trooper is also pretty solid, and if like me you dream of trying out a full first-order team, he'll be good there.

- Level chewbacca and poe enough so that each of them can absorb a crit from the boss special "scary-jump-that-hits-like-a-truck".
    - Rotate taunts, prio chewbacca, because he self heals
    - If rotating taunts isnt enough, consider getting chars with other debuffs (the dreaded mob enforcer is cheap and has speed down, which is lovely especially coupled with chewbaccas chance to remove turn meter).

Or just invest in other good tanks that will be useful in other game modes also (Fives is awesome, Han solo is awesome, boba fett is ok, all are relatively easy to get).
  • make sure your Chewie has self-heal at gear level 4. Big help.

I don't use taunt at all on this challenge. Let mace jump around and **** at each character individually.

My toons are weaker than yours, and I only go in with 4 characters! Chewie 5*, Poe 3*, Imp Guard 2*, and FO Stormtrooper 2*. Most level 52 and under.
  • DarthNico
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Han
    Finn
    Poe
    Fives
    Boba

YAY I just cleared it manually and none of my characters died! Haha! Yeah and you're right, FO storm trooper is indeed good, the diff is just that I pumped him to Gear 6 and level 62!

Wasted quite a few millions of credit but I'm sure it's worth it!

You can do it with an underleveled team. I do it with poe, finn, chewie, old ben and 5555, all of them lv40-45, gear 2-5. But only manually.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You really need to beef them up because at level 62 it unlocks new tier challenges where the numbers of hard to farm purple mats goes up dramatically and you don't want to miss out.

6j0wtg.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Thank you all for your help and inputs! I'm able to clear this stage manually already yayy! :D
  • You really need to beef them up because at level 62 it unlocks new tier challenges where the numbers of hard to farm purple mats goes up dramatically and you don't want to miss out.

6j0wtg.png

That's good news! And that's a shame I already clear the 5 battles whereas I will reach lvl 62 today :s