18 posts Member
edited January 2016
So if i understand correctly this is the the model:
HK-47
IG-88
IG-86
Poe
Poggle

At this time what are the best options? Are droids still legit? Pls answer from confuzzled nub
QUESTION: At lv 70 can droids compete with turnmeter manipulating teams and other top meta p2p choices? any pros shed some light on this
Post edited by Keyvines on

Replies

• Options
    Ig88 qnd hk47 irritate me to no end.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    and then two of the following... come on man, get Dooku out of that list, seriously. Thats as much as I'll share.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    and then two of the following... come on man, get Dooku out of that list, seriously. Thats as much as I'll share.
    force lightning has good utility stun, but i agree other than that he's pretty bad
    besides everything got faster
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Keyvines wrote: »
    force lightning has good utility stun, but i agree other than that he's pretty bad

Ok, fine, I understand. Poggle and HK47-lead. :)
  • Options
    I like 88 for an AoE crit team.

Bobba (L)
    Cad/86
    Poe
    Poggle
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I like 88 for an AoE crit team.

Bobba (L)
    Cad/86
    Poe
    Poggle

Why Boba and Cad? Boba's kinda slow and so is bane, but if they do something i don't know about feel free to share :smiley:
  • Options
    Bobba for the up to 45% crit and the AoE ability block which can really mess up some teams.

Cad for situational Jedi control, the extra crit chance and damage bonus he gets from his ability and paired with bobba makes super easy Jedi kills.

With Poe it obviously makes it so cad gets a chance to at least take out Jedi and the expose and turn meter reduction is well obvious
  • Options
    So for my team, would HK-47 be recommended due to leader synergy and debuff synergy? Or would Ig88 or poggle be better as a leader and poggle/dooku as supports? pls halp i'm confusd
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

It's not that Dooku is bad, but he's not a typical adition to droid teams. Sid is more common to be played, because it sinergies with the droid's crit theme and he buffs 88 AOE.

I play HK 47, both IG, Luminara and Geo. In my bracket I face a lot of Sid/Kylo who start with two AOE, and Luminara first turn heal with two extra turns of healing helps a lot.
  • Options
    Its not a droid team unless you use HK as lead. Thats where the droid synergy kicks in, crits and turn meter on crits. 3 droids, Poggle and Poe is by far the best lineup.

Poe taunts, reducing meters so your other 4 go before their team, and exposes. Poggle buffs your offense and speed.Then 88 lands a huge AoE due to expose and his unique buff, likely gaining turn meter for another attack. 86 takes out anyone with assist spec , then HK again AoEs and likely fills meter, also debuffing. At the end of all that, your opponent is 2-3 units down without having even moved and forced to attack Poe. GG
  • Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    Its not a droid team unless you use HK as lead. Thats where the droid synergy kicks in, crits and turn meter on crits. 3 droids, Poggle and Poe is by far the best lineup.

Poe taunts, reducing meters so your other 4 go before their team, and exposes. Poggle buffs your offense and speed.Then 88 lands a huge AoE due to expose and his unique buff, likely gaining turn meter for another attack. 86 takes out anyone with assist spec , then HK again AoEs and likely fills meter, also debuffing. At the end of all that, your opponent is 2-3 units down without having even moved and forced to attack Poe. GG

Looks good to me. I've heard about decreased effectiveness in higher ranks... is there any modifications to be made or is it good as it is? just wondering in the long run
  • Options
    Hk 47 lead
    Poe
    Poggle
    Ig88
    Ig86
    This teams stays at the top on my server and has for long time, it's strong very strong
    Alternatively you could replace hk47 with FOTP
    But both are great
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Hk 47 lead
    Poe
    Poggle
    Ig88
    Ig86
    This teams stays at the top on my server and has for long time, it's strong very strong
    Alternatively you could replace hk47 with FOTP
    But both are great

GS would work too if you want to farm faster, since HK and IG-88 are both in arena.

• Options
    I'm currently working on this lineup.
    But since Poe is only 3* and HK 4* I'm using Sid 7* (as leader), Lumi 7*, IG86 6*, IG88 6* and Poggle 5*.
    There is a long way to go, especially with Poe. I hate cantina shipments :(

This works pretty well so far but I have the feeling that it is somehow fragile.
    If one of my toons gets stunned or even killed in the first turn, the fight is very hard :P

With a little bit of luck, I can manage to stay in Top20 in Squad Arena on my server.
  • Options
    The problem with not using Poe is if dooku or daka stun poggle then it's game over. I use dooku and daka in my team and they make it a breeze. If the team has Poe AND poggle then I am screwed, I can still win but with lots of luck only like daka reviving or double stuns.
    The team is bad with just Poe and it's bad with just poggle but together its immensely strong
  • Options
    I've just started using my droid team now, so good. I have

HK 7* (L)

Bobba

Lumi

only unlocked 88 yesterday, so still fiddling, thanks for the poe recommendation, sounds smart. 86 is incredible, his special is lvl6 so as long as assist is another droid i kill most people in one, i tend to use it on that troublsome sid, but if I'm not bringing a healer theres not much point.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok, poe was a great shout, not only does he mess with their turn meter, and potentially expose them, but the taunt has stopped them killing my 88 everytime, hes usually about to dies before poe steps in. 3/3 arena battles which is good for me!

Make that 3/4, **** dooku stunned poe first hit.
    Post edited by Algren on
  • Options
    All the droids are overpowered! IG-86 for exsample can do upwards of 8k damage and kill off one character. This is outragous...
  • Options
    Yeah he can
  • Options
    I wish I had started up on the droid team earlier on. I just started on that path the last couple weeks and am giddy to get Ig88 and hk47 unlocked and try it out.

Funny the guy who said Dooku is bad other than his stun unless the comment is just saying when paired with droids. Both my Dooku and the opposing Dooku regularly strike twice either on a normal attack or counter and that is pretty good damage, especially if either or both are critical hits.

• Options
    My poe never goes first anymore! IG 86 and Geonotian soldier and my sidious go before him every time and it's really screwing up my AOE openers and such. I'm actually having a lot of trouble with my droid team being my best setup. I think it's because of a lack of stars and ability mats/levels, but maybe you guys can help me out.

HK 4* Gear 5 Level 51
    88 4* Gear 6 Level 52
    86 4* Gear 5 Level 53
    Poggle 4* Gear 5 Level 51
    Poe 5* Gear 5 Level 55

Others I sub in/out to get best arena ranking possible (I can't win as many fights with my team listed above.)
    Sidious 5* gear 5 Level 52
    GS 5* gear 6 Level 52

I am also having a tough time as F2p getting enough training droids.
    I win galaxy wars everytime now (took me some getting used to after losing the retreat option, but thankfully goes faster now.)
    Any help is much appreciated. I love droid theme and want to make it my long term project, but sidious and GS just seem to do better with speed and at the moment if I want to stay top 100 I have to sub them in for HK and Poggle (respectively)
    THanks.
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If your droid team is not led by HK-47, you're leaving money on the table. He provides droids with astronomical crit rates and turn meter surges per crit. That includes AOE crits. IG-88 and HK-47 will frequently take a turn immediately after their AOE turn if they roll enough crits. It's hilarious.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Issue I'm having is speed also. I have boba and hk, both slow as slugs. My poe is low level too so slow. If i can get poe firing before I've lost 88, and before they've used all their attacks (nothing worse than firing off his taunt when they've got no turn meter) i win easy, if not, i get hammered. Won first 3 arenas today without a loss, then lost the next two easy, first time dooku stunned poe, next they got all 5 attacks off before i had one, killed 88 and almost poe.

I've unlocked 4 decent chars recently, so lack of training droids and gear hurting me too. But my hk is 7* so I can just work on 88 and 86 in shipments and will have them higher soon.
  • Options
    So if i understand correctly this is the the model:
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poe

and then two of the following
    Dooku, Poggle, HK-47, or Geonosian Soldier

At this time what are the best options? Are droids still legit? Pls answer from confuzzled nub

Ppoggle hk47, hi 47 is op leader for droids
  • Options
    i use HK-47 as leader, 86, 88, geo solider, and poe, don't have any problems taking down 21K+ power teams with my 16k level 54 droid team. Been top 10 for a week
  • Options
    i use HK-47 as leader, 86, 88, geo solider, and poe, don't have any problems taking down 21K+ power teams with my 16k level 54 droid team. Been top 10 for a week

aka
    "YOURE DOIN IT WRONG!"
    lol.
    guess i'll keep trying
  • Options
    Poggle is good for your droids speed
  • Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    My poe never goes first anymore! IG 86 and Geonotian soldier and my sidious go before him every time and it's really screwing up my AOE openers and such. I'm actually having a lot of trouble with my droid team being my best setup. I think it's because of a lack of stars and ability mats/levels, but maybe you guys can help me out.

HK 4* Gear 5 Level 51
    88 4* Gear 6 Level 52
    86 4* Gear 5 Level 53
    Poggle 4* Gear 5 Level 51
    Poe 5* Gear 5 Level 55

Others I sub in/out to get best arena ranking possible (I can't win as many fights with my team listed above.)
    Sidious 5* gear 5 Level 52
    GS 5* gear 6 Level 52

I am also having a tough time as F2p getting enough training droids.
    I win galaxy wars everytime now (took me some getting used to after losing the retreat option, but thankfully goes faster now.)
    Any help is much appreciated. I love droid theme and want to make it my long term project, but sidious and GS just seem to do better with speed and at the moment if I want to stay top 100 I have to sub them in for HK and Poggle (respectively)
    THanks.

Holy crap your gear is low
    Max everyone's gear asap, it will make everyone super strong :wink:
    Start Starring 88 and 86, poggle and hk can stay at 4* for a while and poe is still pretty good at 6*
    Your speed issue is because of gear, gear is half your stats, you need it, once you do droids go pew pew and everyone dies :smile:
  • Options
    So does anyone use magnaguard? Only used him in the support/healer challenge and he sucks, but it would be worth lvling him to a decent lvl if he gets better, id love to have all 4 droids in my team.
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    So does anyone use magnaguard? Only used him in the support/healer challenge and he sucks, but it would be worth lvling him to a decent lvl if he gets better, id love to have all 4 droids in my team.

I've not heard good things about the managuard, but I have no personal experience. Since he does have an AOE, it's possible he could be useful if he has a decent crit rate b/c of the way HK-47's leadership trait works with AOE crits.

That said, I personally think you're better off with Poggle or Lobot in that slot.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.