Who was the smart guy that found out about Fives Speed Down?

Prev1
ARCTrooperFives
737 posts Member
edited October 2016
I'd like to personally meet this guy, and wag my finger at him. I mean why would you try to find something like this, just to get people angry? Just leave him as-is. Nobody cares about the Rancor's feelings, he can be slower. I'd just like to know who thought it was a good idea to share this.
Sincerely,
Fives (and everyone else)
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Not me. Put in everyone else but super cat please. I never use fives.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Agreed. In let's increase the Rancors tenacity while we're at it. Because reasons.
  • That's harsh criticism (bordering on threatening) to people just doing their job.

Expect to see this closed.
  • Probably a developer, although players beta test the game every day, there is a limit to what they can do, and finding out about fives speed debuff was out of their reach.
  • It was clearly tongue-in-cheek. Nobody wants anyone thrown out a window literally.
  • My Emperor Palpatine just attacked the Rancor 10 times on my last raid. I got 100% resisted with a 96% potency. Something is definitely wrong ! Looks like stats do not matter. Same for Rex secondary. Did 900 damage on a crit. Pathetic nerf.
  • name13ss wrote: »
    That's harsh criticism (bordering on threatening) to people just doing their job.

You know the Rancor does actually have feelings and that really isn't 5s posting right?
  • name13ss wrote: »
    That's harsh criticism (bordering on threatening) to people just doing their job.

You know the Rancor does actually have feelings and that really isn't 5s posting right?

Maybe, but when I see episode VI it doesn't give me the impression of being that fast neither. Quite sluggish rather.
  • Fodder1978
    172 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Something has changed. I was running a teebo, qgj, rex, fives and dengar squad and getting 3-5mil most raids. Now I struggle to clear phase 1.

Something is going on, or I am totally jinxed. For one thing that meter seems to fill much faster even doing single attacks. What gives?
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I changed "throw out the window" to "wag my finger".. I know you were clearly kidding but defenestration is a threat and is not tolerated in any way :/
  • Haha you cant throw me out of window. And i dont really wanna wag your finger :)
  • What did it hurt to let shock stick on the rancor? It never had any affect but now palp is pretty useless
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    What did it hurt to let shock stick on the rancor? It never had any affect but now palp is pretty useless

Actually it does have an effect. When the rancor doesn't have any negative status effect its armor is +50%.

• ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I changed "throw out the window" to "wag my finger".. I know you were clearly kidding but defenestration is a threat and is not tolerated in any way :/

Wagging fingers seems even more harsh but okay lol. Sorry for that.
  • @sneeekypants
    How can you know for sure that this isn't really fives
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @sneeekypants

Because I have Fives over at my house, right here, for tea.
  • @Waqui
    Can't argue with that logic tbh
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member

I just love the fact that defenestration is a verb. I guess we'll have to thank Prague for that.
  • Aglardae wrote: »
    name13ss wrote: »

Maybe, but when I see episode VI it doesn't give me the impression of being that fast neither. Quite sluggish rather.

You didn't see how it snatched up luke like it wasn't nothing. I guess Picol-I mean yoda didn't teach luke to dodge.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @sneeekypants

How do you know that was really Fives and not one of the billion other clones that look just like him?
  • @sneeekypants

If it really is you, stop posting on the internet and start working on improving your slow.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @sneeekypants

How do you know that was really Fives and not one of the billion other clones that look just like him?

Facts right there
  • @sneeekypants

If it really is you, stop posting on the internet and start working on improving your slow.

nah
  • i dont get it. is fives speed down broken?
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    MrGrips wrote: »
    i dont get it. is fives speed down broken?

@MrGrips
    In the latest update, they said that they "fixed" Fives' speed down. This has made a bunch of people do much less damage on the raid, as you can see here and on some other threads.
    It was really an unnecessary nerf to the most consistent speed down, and they might have also buffed the rancor.
  • I changed "throw out the window" to "wag my finger".. I know you were clearly kidding but defenestration is a threat and is not tolerated in any way :/

@BentWookie - do you know the details - i.e. 5's was lowered from x% slowdown to x(25)%?? Was it hitting for 30% or something closer to 50%??

Is that a standard for all slowdowns? Phasma, Vader, etc..

I'm not 100% sure about the 25%, but that number has been quoted elsewhere..

My first raid after update I scored half of my 2.7M high.. I've adjusted my strategy a bit and back up to 2.4M - you just have to fight for every bit of TM reduction against the pigs now.. My guild members using Rey are faring much worse than I am with Yoda - however... More finesse required now..

• I can confirm that I can barely do half the damage I used to during the raid, and the rancor resists basically everything I throw at it
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I did find a 5's bug and reported it which had to do with the turn duration of speed down, which was noted by devs shortly before the 5s "nerf"... i guess they found an additional issue and fixed that instead of the original bug i reported...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64801/rancor-speed-down-bug#latest
  • This definitely was not a great nerf as I've seen a virtually endless complaint steam on forums but not 1 reguarding 5s speed down. It actually seems a little unfair to those that haven't already gotten all they can from rancor raids. Not to mention the rancor itself was definitely buffed to some extent. It's resisting far more often & it's defense seems to be stronger to boot. But maybe it's just me... although this thread says different.
  • Now his speed down never hits! Thx..