AAT Raid Guide (Normal Mode)

2Next

Replies

• @manderthegreat1 updated now
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Great info @Kelthuzad

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Thanks @Kelthuzad, really useful information in some really dark times :)
  • Kelthuzad wrote: »
    finally, 49 hours, P3 reached.

Grats! we're very close now. When you're a normal guild this is for sure a greater achievement than level 84 and heroic.

Well, we have been a top 30 guild for a while, then the mod desaster hit us and 15 people quit playing. We merged with some others who wanted to start their first T7 Pit Raids and helped them a lot. We are stilla good guild, and i think clearing this raid in 4 days is really good, but Heroic is still "in a far far Galaxy",... lol. Time will tell, all members do have time now to work on the chars we need to beat Heroic. And in a few weeks we might test Heroic again (when we know everything you have to know about this raid).
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Thanks for the guide. Tank is pretty brutal so far.
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the guide. Tank is pretty brutal so far.

Yo, it is. Looking at the Raid Leaderboard only 91 Guilds finished an AAT raid so far. Some even cheated and have to fear the hammer coming down from EA. Either a lot will change because of new chars soon, or level 85 and gear XI for more chars will make it easier - but just talking for me now: we needed 4 days + another 4 hours to clear this raid the first time. The rewards are in no relation to the efforts and hours we have spent. Sure the Devs are looking at "how the things are going" and i think they will reduce the HP a bit. Nearly 200 million across all Phases is just too much. Only ~150 guilds out of > 10.000 can not be "WAI" after nearly 1 week (let it be 200 in the end, this is still just ~2% of all players). On top: we have a bunch of heavy hitters, and i think we can clear a normal raid with 3 refreshes now, but looking at the main player base and all the ones who not started in Nov/Dec/Jan - i don´t know how you guys will ever finish a Normal AAT. So either HP will get reduced for all, or the Devs have to implement lower tiers. To my mind: being able to rush through the Pit Raid in a few hours should be enough to perform well on the lowest tier of the new raid (tho you need other chars, yo). And this is not the case here.

Oh, @BentWookiee i just realized i started my Guide in the "Discussion" section - would you be so kind to move it to "GUIDES"? Thank you
    Post edited by Kelthuzad on

• I think the main thing is you need at least 35-40 committed players who will try to improve their teams. We are prob 5 short of heroic atm
  • I think the main thing is you need at least 35-40 committed players who will try to improve their teams. We are prob 5 short of heroic atm

Lol John, what shall i say...maybe
    "Try hard or die trying"

• Kelthuzad wrote: »
    Thanks for the guide. Tank is pretty brutal so far.

Yo, it is. Looking at the Raid Leaderboard only 91 Guilds finished an AAT raid so far. Some even cheated and have to fear the hammer coming down from EA. Either a lot will change because of new chars soon, or level 85 and gear XI for more chars will make it easier - but just talking for me now: we needed 4 days + another 4 hours to clear this raid the first time. The rewards are in no relation to the efforts and hours we have spent. Sure the Devs are looking at "how the things are going" and i think they will reduce the HP a bit. Nearly 200 million across all Phases is just too much. Only ~150 guilds out of > 10.000 can not be "WAI" after nearly 1 week (let it be 200 in the end, this is still just ~2% of all players). On top: we have a bunch of heavy hitters, and i think we can clear a normal raid with 3 refreshes now, but looking at the main player base and all the ones who not started in Nov/Dec/Jan - i don´t know how you guys will ever finish a Normal AAT. So either HP will get reduced for all, or the Devs have to implement lower tiers. To my mind: being able to rush through the Pit Raid in a few hours should be enough to perform well on the lowest tier of the new raid (tho you need other chars, yo). And this is not the case here.

Oh, @BentWookiee i just realized i started my Guide in the "Discussion" section - would you be so kind to move it to "GUIDES"? Thank you

Done!
    Your Welcome!

• DarthGozu wrote: »
    I have been toying with some team compositions and I found the following team to be very effective:
    HK47 omega leader
    IG88 fat crit / crit damage
    Chief Nebit
    Jawa Engineer
    Jawa Scavenger.
    I did 1.75M damage ...

Thank you - tested it just now with my guys (Only Omegas HK lead and Scavenger Scrap Bomb) - i am happy
    27257760qe.jpg

• NicWester wrote: »
    Man. Every time I think the meta is due for even a minor shift, instead it just reinforces the status quo... Can't possible get Anakin, Lando, and Wedge activated, levelled, and geared in time. Sure would be nice if the Wheel of Rebalancing would land on characters I already have for a change.

Thanks for the information. We're knocking 5% a day off now.

You may have missed the part where he says farm all Jawas and Ugnaught. Those are very un meta toons. Also IGD, Eeth, Lumi, Ahsoka and even EE were all mentioned as good to have. None of those toons are found in top 50 arena teams (except JE and maybe Nebit and Lumi).

Point is that there are some very underused toons that shine here and you will certainly have to have a large bench (think 30ish toons with good synergy) to complete t7 raid. I would actually say this is a major meta shift since about one third to half of the good toons are currently non meta, but thats just my opinion.
  • Great info! Thank you for the post and follow up. There may be some needed strategy for how to die properly with your first thru fourth attacks in some phases. In AAT phases it may be tempting to beat on the tank and score what you can when your squad is about to die, but that may leave the main gun to nuke a toon starting your next turn? Is that true?
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Kumquatinator dunno if i understood correctly now, so: if you just focus on the AAT and you are not buffed (positive status effects), and it is the main cannons turn - then this is going to be painful. If you disabled the main cannon and just keep hitting the AAT and then start escaping - or die to the AAT´s side-cannons respectively some kind of AAT specials - and the main cannon nearly enabled again - then something might happen what happened to me: you send in a new team and the main cannon nukes 1 char ^^ - this was the case where i had to use a team + Ewok Elder i talked about.

• A couple notes (great guide BTW):
    • P1 the only dispeller is B2. P3 no one can dispell. This makes tanks much more effective in those rounds. P2 & P4 the cannons can fairly easily dispell the taunt making them far less effective. P3 STH can give tons of TM due to 7 enemies attacking him. Consider tossing him into your main damage group.
    • Attackers that hit multiple times with separate animations for each (Leia, Fives, Dooku, maybe more) give the boss TM on each hit and count towards GG 10 hit count. So use these char with caution. Rey does not give extra TM for her multi his as all damage is applied at one time.
    • Thermal detonators only give TM when they explode so can be stacked quite high with no TM gain. DoT all hit at once similar to thermal detonators.
    • There is an interesting strat for P3 using Chirpa (L), Palpatine and tanks. First apply shock to all B1 droids. Then taunt. This will give Palpatine 100% TM on his basic until he dies. At this point just use basic on B2 repeatedly. B2 (due to 5% TM on hit) and Palp will be the only two getting TM. Everything else is frozen. Make sure the tanks had taunt up. A possible substitute for one of the tanks is Barriss who gains 9% TM when an ally gets crit. Theoretically she could get full meter and heal everyone to keep it going.
    • P4 may be better to not topple so you dont have to deal with airstrike or B2 droids. Just keep top and one of the side turrets killed. If you are getting close to enrage or will die for sure, then topple for last ditch damage.
    • DoT and thermal detonators do pretty good damage especially for the amount of TM they give. Im still testing them, but JE does significant damage in a droid team (calculate by taking total damage - what the droids show).
  • A couple notes (great guide BTW):
    • P1 the only dispeller is B2. P3 no one can dispell. This makes tanks much more effective in those rounds. P2 & P4 the cannons can fairly easily dispell the taunt making them far less effective. P3 STH can give tons of TM due to 7 enemies attacking him. Consider tossing him into your main damage group.
    • Attackers that hit multiple times with separate animations for each (Leia, Fives, Dooku, maybe more) give the boss TM on each hit and count towards GG 10 hit count. So use these char with caution. Rey does not give extra TM for her multi his as all damage is applied at one time.
    • Thermal detonators only give TM when they explode so can be stacked quite high with no TM gain. DoT all hit at once similar to thermal detonators.
    • There is an interesting strat for P3 using Chirpa (L), Palpatine and tanks. First apply shock to all B1 droids. Then taunt. This will give Palpatine 100% TM on his basic until he dies. At this point just use basic on B2 repeatedly. B2 (due to 5% TM on hit) and Palp will be the only two getting TM. Everything else is frozen. Make sure the tanks had taunt up. A possible substitute for one of the tanks is Barriss who gains 9% TM when an ally gets crit. Theoretically she could get full meter and heal everyone to keep it going.
    • P4 may be better to not topple so you dont have to deal with airstrike or B2 droids. Just keep top and one of the side turrets killed. If you are getting close to enrage or will die for sure, then topple for last ditch damage.
    • DoT and thermal detonators do pretty good damage especially for the amount of TM they give. Im still testing them, but JE does significant damage in a droid team (calculate by taking total damage - what the droids show).

Thanks for the input - everything is correct. We moved forward doing Heroic only, so i couldn´t really work on the Normal Guide anymore. But everyone reading what i wrote - also keep in mind what methoss added. By the way - we are working on further heroic ready guilds - if you are interested in joining The New Rebellion (TNR) get in contact with us. We offer seats in 5 different guilds right now (no merge, just adding people to their best timezones). DeathStarVentDesigners is down to clearing a Heroic raid in less than 24 hours already, and once we are strong enough to carry 2 guilds through Heroic AAT we will split. So: if you are still working on your roster and thus don´t mind waiting a bit - i can´t tell you when right now - join us.

• Sorry if this has been answered, but I've been out of the app for several months and just came back a few weeks ago. I'm level 76, and have several 7* gear 8-9 characters (Luminara, IG-88, IG-86, Poggle, Sidious, Dooku, Phasma, Kylo, Eeth Koth) --- and then a few of 6* gear 8-9 characters (Geonosian, Poe, Wedge, Biggs, Leia). All characters have health mods on them - the main ones I run on my arena team (Phasma, IG-88 & 86, Luminara & Kylo) having almost all 5* mods. Even still, the most damage I have been able to do in phase 1 of this raid (the easier one) is 60k per team, for a total of ~200k per day. I've tried attacking only Grievous since the droids respawn so often, or taking out B2 and then attacking Grievous as the OP mentioned, yet still I barely do any damage. Is there something I'm missing? I realize I'm not up to the level cap...but still seems like ridiculously low damage.
  • @akositzke you aren´t missing anything. Even with lvl 85 chars Phase 1 is just annoying. What helps best in P1 is putting in a Tenacity base stat in slot 6. On top Devs have now tuned AAT Normal, so on your next raid it should feel way easier.

• @Kelthuzad - thanks for the response. A day or two after I posted the question I saw the note in-app about the adjustment to the difficulty. I abandoned the raid we had started since were were still at 90+% health after two weeks. Made more progress in the last 2 days than we had in a week under the old format - so definitely easier. Still seems a bit futile, but at the current rate of damage we will at least finish phase 1 before new years!
  • I use aayla as leader on an all Jedi team. 40% tenacity and 10% heal in resist really helps with all the dots and other debuffs going around