Advice for anyone unhappy right now:

Prev13456
Stormy
951 posts Member
edited October 2016
First, think about what changed in your game play from last week.

The answer: you have the ability to do/attempt more than ever have before, at no extra cost.

Nothing is costing you more than last week- yet, you have the ability to do a new (normal) raid with free tickets you get from farming 600 for Heroic Rancor.

You can slowly work on NEW (normal mode), daily refreshing raid content - FOR FREE- new free resources you don't have to spent anywhere else.

Once you build strong with your friends and guildmates, you have a new Challenge: Heroic! Still with resources you are now getting for free.

Look at the New content and it's resources to launch as just additional free optional material for you.

Your game hasn't changed, you are just upset that you can't do "everything."

You can do more than you ever had, and it didn't cost you a thing. No dividing resources to access new content.

Oh- something has changed-

Guilds can't hop for extra rewards anymore- something you all have always wanted :)

Seems like a sweet deal to me!!

Replies

• +1
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Of course the person from the guild that can do everything wants it to stay the way it is so the top 1% can stay ahead of the game from a longer Time. We need a revolution I tell you!
  • Of course the person from the guild that can do everything wants it to stay the way it is so the top 1% can stay ahead of the game from a longer Time. We need a revolution I tell you!

+1
  • Well stated Stormy.
  • You are not understanding the complaints. I for one like the difficulty but wish there was a t5 because not everyone like yet another tedious grind. So people are starting to defect my guild. The big guns don't want to stick around for 6 month to help finish these, 2-3 weeks at a time. So mid-level guilds are actually getting weaker because big guns want that kenobi. That is the problem. Otherwise I love the difficulty, I just wish there was a t5 we could finish so people would get some rewards, any rewards, and be somewhat content. But a for a big gun, getting a piece of yellow gear every 2 weeks ain't gonna cut it.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    The issue I have with it is that the new content shows promise but a simple HP slider (or missing tier) issue prevents a huge majority of the player base from enjoying a fresh experience. Hitting the same wall over and over, and feeling like you are required to do so to progress in the game... it's a problem for me at least.

I can appreciate the time that went into creating the content, and overall I like the content, but I just cant agree with blocking so much of the player base from having fun with it. Also the enemy animations are slooooow and that just compounds the frustration.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Well said Stormy.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I dunno, for me I accept that I can't get the new stuff quick and it takes time and blah blah blah but its more like the way the raid feels when i enter to battle. Like you get torn up if your toons arnt perfectly amazing. It says its modded for what? Lvl80 G10 or something? You just get this feeling that you're not accomplishing any thing when you fight in the raid. Even with your A team, like maybe if the battlees felt longer?

On the other hand iIm pretty sure it was the same for the Rancor raid so..... I guess give it a few weeks
  • You are not understanding the complaints. I for one like the difficulty but wish there was a t5 because not everyone like yet another tedious grind. So people are starting to defect my guild. The big guns don't want to stick around for 6 month to help finish these, 2-3 weeks at a time. So mid-level guilds are actually getting weaker because big guns want that kenobi. That is the problem. Otherwise I love the difficulty, I just wish there was a t5 we could finish so people would get some rewards, any rewards, and be somewhat content. But a for a big gun, getting a piece of yellow gear every 2 weeks ain't gonna cut it.

I'm understanding the majority of the complaints- I also understand this minority, and reasonable complaint (the one you voice)- and agree this could be a fix to allow people to do even more, faster, which could be nice for the player base. More people need to voice this offer is a reasonable and mature manner.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    kbonifay wrote: »
    DC Legends comes out in a week or so.. #justsayin :)

yea.... not star wars :|

(also, i'm assuming whatever you complain about in this game, you will complain there too).
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Not really unhappy because as you said new free stuff.
    Just disappointed, it has been so hyped up and delayed to fix "bugs" yet same bugs still exist and is quickly becoming and just another place to auto 5 battles a day. Again maybe next one will get better we shall see.
  • CG development team approves this message.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Of course the person from the guild that can do everything wants it to stay the way it is so the top 1% can stay ahead of the game from a longer Time. We need a revolution I tell you!

• SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Stormy wrote: »
    You are not understanding the complaints. I for one like the difficulty but wish there was a t5 because not everyone like yet another tedious grind. So people are starting to defect my guild. The big guns don't want to stick around for 6 month to help finish these, 2-3 weeks at a time. So mid-level guilds are actually getting weaker because big guns want that kenobi. That is the problem. Otherwise I love the difficulty, I just wish there was a t5 we could finish so people would get some rewards, any rewards, and be somewhat content. But a for a big gun, getting a piece of yellow gear every 2 weeks ain't gonna cut it.

I'm understanding the majority of the complaints- I also understand this minority, and reasonable complaint (the one you voice)- and agree this could be a fix to allow people to do even more, faster, which could be nice for the player base. More people need to voice this offer is a reasonable and mature manner.

That I agree. Here is my bummer. I've run a mixed guild since they started. We've progressed from t4 through t7 to the point where it's actually been work the past 1-2 months keeping everyone happy with the rancor raid and everyone getting in. Now because this raid is so ridiculously long, the big guns are starting to bolt. They are not helping us progress from t4 to t7 because there is no t4 or t5. So they are just wasting time shooting at a raid we can't finish even remotely timely. So all that work I've done to try to keep this guild together, anticipating needing big guns for this raid, is out the window because there is no viable option or reason for them to stay. They can get kenobi shards by simply leaving and joininng a bigger guild or they can stick with us and complete a t6 in 2-3 weeks. That's a no brainer.

If there was a t5, I really think everyone would be happy to progress through the ranks like we did for the rancor raid. It at least feels like you are accomplishing something. Now we are just punching a wall for 2-3 weeks and that ain't fun.

So i for one like the end game difficulty. There needs to be something to shoot for that doesn't turn into a rancor debacle at the end. But there should be a level to keep mid-level guild happy and work with. A month to get one or two drops of yellow gear is not an incentive to anyone. There is no mid-ground now. We are too good for rancor but not good enough for ATT.
  • I am in the camp of "take a breath and see what comes" with this raid. We have new content and that is great. I do, however, see the issue of only two tiers. The normal tier is very much a wall to beat your head against. I think when new team comps are found and talked about it will become easier.

I also understand the issue of big guns bailing in guilds to form guilds that can beat heroic. My guild has not had that issue yet and I hope we don't. But I do understand it will happen. We had a member leave before the new raid due to a lack of Han shards because of our raid structure. It happens.

This is starting to have the same effect mods did when they were first released. Most of the community is in an uproar and the few that benefit are telling people that it will be OK. Not sure if EA and CG expected or planned for this but it seems that this is the new reality.

I don't see how adding lower tiers keeps whales around in smaller guilds. The shards for General Kenobi are the draw to heroic, not the gear. The gear can be farmed and earned in the raids along with the shards. This new shiny character is the reason guilds are experiencing their top hitters leaving. Doesn't seem to be the most intuitive move by a developer to cause their players to split into the haves and have nots but I don't have the data they do. Maybe this is their plan.
  • kbonifay wrote: »

(also, i'm assuming whatever you complain about in this game, you will complain there too).

yikes.. someone **** in your Cheerios eh mate? i havent complained about a thing. i have my qualms with the game and will express them accordingly in hopes to improve said issues. but i digress, main point being you have some serious personal problems lashing out at people on social sites and making accusations that are preposterous and i highly encourage you to address those with medication or psychiatric help. bless you child. bless you.

...exactly.... GL in the DC Legends forums.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited October 2016

yikes.. someone **** in your Cheerios eh mate? i havent complained about a thing. i have my qualms with the game and will express them accordingly in hopes to improve said issues. but i digress, main point being you have some serious personal problems lashing out at people on social sites and making accusations that are preposterous and i highly encourage you to address those with medication or psychiatric help. bless you child. bless you.

Pls go.
  • Says the guild that got to practice/test on this raid long before it came out. No denying one of your members did brag about it in a general chat one night after a few too many drinks I'd wager that loosened tongue.

That said I like the challenge, but there are severe bugs in this, which after a couple month delay should not be.

Now a positive it is great to find non GW use for my Droids, and extremely nice after the long farm on Serge to see him really shine. He is a beast on P2.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    You are not understanding the complaints. I for one like the difficulty but wish there was a t5 because not everyone like yet another tedious grind. So people are starting to defect my guild. The big guns don't want to stick around for 6 month to help finish these, 2-3 weeks at a time. So mid-level guilds are actually getting weaker because big guns want that kenobi. That is the problem. Otherwise I love the difficulty, I just wish there was a t5 we could finish so people would get some rewards, any rewards, and be somewhat content. But a for a big gun, getting a piece of yellow gear every 2 weeks ain't gonna cut it.

That I agree. Here is my bummer. I've run a mixed guild since they started. We've progressed from t4 through t7 to the point where it's actually been work the past 1-2 months keeping everyone happy with the rancor raid and everyone getting in. Now because this raid is so ridiculously long, the big guns are starting to bolt. They are not helping us progress from t4 to t7 because there is no t4 or t5. So they are just wasting time shooting at a raid we can't finish even remotely timely. So all that work I've done to try to keep this guild together, anticipating needing big guns for this raid, is out the window because there is no viable option or reason for them to stay. They can get kenobi shards by simply leaving and joininng a bigger guild or they can stick with us and complete a t6 in 2-3 weeks. That's a no brainer.

If there was a t5, I really think everyone would be happy to progress through the ranks like we did for the rancor raid. It at least feels like you are accomplishing something. Not we are just punching a wall for 2-3 weeks and that ain't fun.

I understand the psychological impact- I feel like they are going for something here closer to GW status. If anything, everyone should look at it as "Galactic War 2.0"

Perhaps ships will help make it a "faster ride" for people somehow.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Pls go.

"joined June 19th" lelz

I'm glad you can read when I decided to make an account on the forum. Thanks dude.
  • Stormy wrote: »

If there was a t5, I really think everyone would be happy to progress through the ranks like we did for the rancor raid. It at least feels like you are accomplishing something. Now we are just punching a wall for 2-3 weeks and that ain't fun.

So i for one like the end game difficulty. There needs to be something to shoot for that doesn't turn into a rancor debacle at the end. But there should be a level to keep mid-level guild happy and work with. A month to get one or two drops of yellow gear is not an incentive to anyone. There is no mid-ground now. We are too good for rancor but not good enough for ATT.

This is the biggest problem.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Pls go.

"joined June 19th" lelz

I'm glad you can read when I decided to make an account on the forum. Thanks dude.

**yawn**

What?

I honestly don't understand your mindset. It's like you try to be funny while also being a try-hard troll at the same time.

Pls go.

• Says the guild that got to practice/test on this raid long before it came out. No denying one of your members did brag about it in a general chat one night after a few too many drinks I'd wager that loosened tongue.

That said I like the challenge, but there are severe bugs in this, which after a couple month delay should not be.

Now a positive it is great to find non GW use for my Droids, and extremely nice after the long farm on Serge to see him really shine. He is a beast on P2.

? ... focus on the restaurant and stay out of the bars.
  • Thanks for everyone's support in keeping this thread bumped- My threads have a good track record of thousands of views - couldn't do it without all of you ;)
  • Yeah but see there it's really hard to be f2p get 40+ characters at 80 and 7 stars and then be a washout on the new raid... you don't get that because you could finish the raid couldn't you and it just so happens that you are in a guild with other paying players... probably have shoreguard opened allredy and maybe rex or land maxed out and are really interested in kenobi as a meta posibility to maybe kinda add to the dream team in PVP

See the rest off us worked really really hard at this game, maybe even buying crystals once in a while, we have a bunch of toons but are limited by the credits for some reason and the lack of chromium characters

sure you can farm lando jedi anaking and a few more meta toons but when they are all chromium exclusive it's a bit hard to work on the dream team

So yeah not looking for personal info nor trading insults I'm just trying to help you by explaining just how offensive and condescending your attitude is and just in case you were serious about the why this is why pretty much right there... almost equally offensive, I just happen to be top 10 in my guild with most f2p and basicly tho we can finish rancor in less than an hour with half the people in we had a hard time finishing phase 1 in T7 and had to cancel it.

Will we get there? ofc we will, will the top paying players in the top 30 ish or so guilds have the general opened by then and at 5-6 stars? yes yes they will and that right there is the problem. Meta characters take too long and are located in inacesible places like cantina chromium and when they come out they are allways put in such a way that you can only focus farm 1 of them, then a few weeks of good PVP and then the new meta toons emerge and the hard workers drop out of the top once again

What hapened? First the healers> then protection ruined that then the doge then the droids, how many ppl still run droids and can beat a wedge/lando/anakin team? and the droids were good like 2 months ago...before the meta changed...again

So yes evolve the game but with equal chances for all involved, and if you're a f2p and look at the main team in PVP on your server (top 10) and you find 3 toons in there that you lack and then you ask youreslf How do you compete with that...yeah the bottom chain is just fodder for the top and as you begin to catch up UPPPPPPPP exclusive toon in a new shape or form or manner

Now it's not so much anger but disappointment and all and all it is depressing to play a game that hypes up smth just to depress you with it NEW RAID= 85 needed, mods came out NEW EVENT 5*mods needed while some of us can't upgrade our rarity on farmed toons and so on....this things are not fun... and they could be

WHat's the 1 thing balanced out for the pro's out there? Griveous in the shards thing i'm willing to bet money that the top players have him equally farmed as the f2p because there is no other way to get him and that is the only balanced feature I can think of... lack of vision...
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Just a note to all of you mid end guilds. People are leaving you are right. You are refrring to them as (Big Guns) in your guild. But to be frank, if they have a roster where they can complete the heroic AAT raid and the rest of the guild is lagging behind then they should be allowed to join one where they can. I'm sure they would like the gear to level up their characters from the new raid, and the new general kenobi character shards. ALSO, you don't need (big guns) to finish the heroic rancor T7 anymore. These big guns who are leaving midrange guilds can probably solo the whole T7 alone. Strong roster players leaving your guild who are way ahead of their own guildmates shouldn't be a problem. It makes logical sense and you don't need them to beat the rancor raid anymore. You can beat the rancor raid and get enough characters to Gear X or higher so you can start raiding the Heroic AAT. With the new content and raid release, they feel like their current guild is holding them back even though they are ready for a new challenge.
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Without reading anything but the OP: I am not unhappy for extra content. I rather enjoyed the raid the first time. But the raid is a disaster. "Normal" difficulty is tuned for level 80 G8, but a full team of level 81 G10+ can't even do a single percent of damage. It will take our guild (of mostly 80+ players at capacity) about 2 weeks for a single run. That is beyond ridiculous. And I have changed my App Store rating to 1*, and will not be spending my money on this anymore.
  • GK23
    55 posts Member
    I would agree with op, but problem is I can't... it's not free, because I wasted lots of credits switching mods to find out that raid broken- scores bugged big time (see in bugs section there is thread about it) so instead of leveling toons I wasted crystals for broken content. Deep joy...
  • the top 10% of the player base doesn't understand the FTP or low spenders struggle. They can have an opinion but until they understand the other 90% of the player bases struggle than their opinion doesn't mean much to the majority.
This discussion has been closed.