AAT Tank raid strategy and P1 theory crafting

IMPORTANT: THIS IS ALL THEORY, AS I DID NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO TEST IT YET.

This is for heroic raid!

From what I’ve seen the AAT Tank takedown raid is completely different than the Rancor raid. There is no magic team for the whole raid, you most probably will not be able to solo it. Ever. Also there is no overlapping damage.
On the other side, there is no difference in rewards for places 4-50.

The best strategy for guilds is to have their members build a squad for each phase, and aim for at least 2% damage in each phase for each member. That makes 50x2%=100%
If a guild has strong(er) players and they outperform the 2% damage in a particular phase, then you can save some squads for other phases, ensuring you will not run out of damage due to RNG.

Having said that, each player needs (most probably) a:
  • Jedi Team for P1
  • AOE Team for P2
  • Jawa Team for P3
  • Clone or DMG team for P4
This sounds reasonable as there is no overlapping in characters, so it is possible.

PHASE 1

General Grievous:
Health: 4.4M
Enrage: 15 Rounds

GG and one ad is getting 100% TM and cooldowns reset after each 7th hit on GG. If that happens he will re-summon his dead ads, gain “Tactical Maneuvering” and the ally who got 100% TM will taunt. Then GG will start with “Baleful Laugh” and then do “Grievous Pain” right after that. There is a 50% chance that he attacks a third time with “Raging Assault”.

This is unavoidable, but you can control it.
GG will summon his allies, but none will get 100% TM and taunt, if all are dead before re-summon.
Speed down and tenacity down can be blocked with Yoda.
DoTs can be blocked with Yoda as well, but as each of them does 5% damage, and Jedi get 15% health at the beginning of their turn, 3 DoT effects should be no problem at all.

The Squad:

As many, I have a handful of Jedi, because I wanted to have Yoda, but I do not have all of them leveled, stared, geared, modded. I currently have (worth mentioning):
  • Qui-Gon Jinn: 7*, level 81, gear 11
  • Master Yoda: 7*, level 81, gear 10
  • Luminara: 7*, level 81, gear 10
  • Old Ben: 7*, level 80, gear 9
  • Barriss: 7*, level 80, gear 9

The Tactics:

Everyone agrees more or less that B2 has to be nuked down immediately, but most people say then to focus on GG.

I believe that not touching GG but nuking the 2 IG100s is better, as they debuff you and you can’t control them. After all ads are gone, you can hit GG 7 times before he does his routine. If GG takes one turn, while you are nuking his ads, you can repeat the whole kill & re-summon procedure 8 times before he goes enraged. That means 8x7=56 hits together.

GG has 4.4M health, and your goal is 2%, which is 88.000 damage on GG. You’ll need an average of 1.571 dmg/hit to accomplish that.

If you put Barriss as lead, what I am planning to try, you can ensure that your squad will last long enough to reach enrage.
My Barriss has currently a base health of 20K, but can be upgraded to 25,7K. She is modded to 31.041 health. Her lead ability grants +20%, so she has a max health of 37.249.

At the beginning of their turn my Jedi get from Barriss and the raid buff:
  • Barriss: 2.976+5.580=8.556 health
  • Yoda: 2.976+2.910=5.886 health
  • QGJ: 2.976+3.360=6.336 health
  • Luminara: 2.976+3.195=6.171 health
  • Old Ben: 2.976+4.260=7.236 health

Each toon can handle 7 DoT effects without losing health. In addition you have Barriss to heal with her heal and basic, and Luminara to heal a ton (in my case 9.585 health) and neutralize 3-4 DoTs with her HoT.

I will definitely try this comp, but if you have the time and means to test it as well please post your experiences!

I am also interested in your opinion, or if you see any flaw in the tactic!