Tier Suggestions for Raid Difficulties

It feels like AAT, and any future raids, could use tiers of: Easy, Normal, Heroic

These 3 tiers would allow guilds with low end, very casual players, to still partake in the content, with low end rewards (Easy).

Replies

• Options
    Agree 100%
    Check us out online at www.swbarflys.com
  • Options
    Stormy Llywelyn? Enquiring minds want to know!
  • Options
    Sounds good but they could start with actually make it so it fit the description/requierment it has allrdy
    Its clear the devs wanted to make sure no1 could solo phases what i dont understand is who cares if ppl could ? they prolly had a way better revenue in sales from ppl buying gear and crystals to get the best teebo team so they could improve their dmg ,i sure been one and i had fun doing so
    Isnt this why we all play the game to have fun?
    Ive been playing online games since 2001 and there always has to be a balance between fun,challenge and rewards or ppl will leave
    We are paying to be entertained and have fun
    And it is the dev job to keep the game fun and entertaining, not to punish us for comming up with best teams to beat their raids

The t6 AAT raid is very inbalanced when it comes to how much challenge it is compare to rewards and it sure dosent feel like fun at all
  • Options
    It would be very nice!

I also wish they'd make raids stay open for x amount of time so as the raids get easier that you avoid the race to get in before it's gone. I know the Rancor goes very fast and it's very hard d to contribute if your not really quick or really uniform with raid times.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm by no means low end. I have around 40 toons at 7*, and 22 at gear 9-11. My guild is rank 60 at the moment. We can't yet do a heroic. That's fine. The normal raid takes well over a week. That isn't fine.

Having an easy version of the raid that gives small rewards, and is beatable in a few days for a top 100 guild would give us something to do as a group. We could work up to normal raids, and then work up to heroic. I would rather stay with this group to help them build, and climb the ladder like that.

But a top 100 guild grinding away for days on a single phase of the easiest version of the raid puts pressure on players like me who could get picked up by a whale guild to leave. Its horrible for the community. I am glad to have a really challenging raid for once to build towards. And I want to get there with my current group. But a nearly 200 million HP version being the easiest one is unrealistic.

Not having a lower level version to get some small rewards, and sense of accomplishment while we work up to the big boy raid is demoralizing, and it's devastating many formerly strong guilds. It may not have been the intent, but that's the result. Strong communities/guilds keep people playing and paying. Destroying guilds is a bad idea. And judging by the frantic scramble of mergers, I'd say this raid is destroying guilds. Even if they added an easier version now a lot of damage has been done. It's very disappointing.
  • Options
    Agree with op
    I am the Reaper
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    It feels like AAT, and any future raids, could use tiers of: Easy, Normal, Heroic

These 3 tiers would allow guilds with low end, very casual players, to still partake in the content, with low end rewards (Easy).

Who are you and what have you done with Stormy? I have been talking with gamers elsewhere, and they see the AAT raid as a short term money maker banking on starry eyed players longing for anything SW, to dump their life savings into this type of "money pit". I do not share that thought completely, but I do think it is further proof they desperately need help balancing and planning their games.

But on topic, +1
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I'm by no means low end. I have around 40 toons at 7*, and 22 at gear 9-11. My guild is rank 60 at the moment. We can't yet do a heroic. That's fine. The normal raid takes well over a week. That isn't fine.

Having an easy version of the raid that gives small rewards, and is beatable in a few days for a top 100 guild would give us something to do as a group. We could work up to normal raids, and then work up to heroic. I would rather stay with this group to help them build, and climb the ladder like that.

But a top 100 guild grinding away for days on a single phase of the easiest version of the raid puts pressure on players like me who could get picked up by a whale guild to leave. Its horrible for the community. I am glad to have a really challenging raid for once to build towards. And I want to get there with my current group. But a nearly 200 million HP version being the easiest one is unrealistic.

Not having a lower level version to get some small rewards, and sense of accomplishment while we work up to the big boy raid is demoralizing, and it's devastating many formerly strong guilds. It may not have been the intent, but that's the result. Strong communities/guilds keep people playing and paying. Destroying guilds is a bad idea. And judging by the frantic scramble of mergers, I'd say this raid is destroying guilds. Even if they added an easier version now a lot of damage has been done. It's very disappointing.

Even if it dropped lower level gear or shards, it would be something new to do. As is it's a big kick in the .... and a real PR nightmare.

• Options
    Yes on the t5 (easy mode).
  • Options
    I don't even know why someone has to suggest it like the OP when they did it right in the Rancor raid difficulty levels. Why they didn't used the same difficulty levels for the new raid!? It's non-sense...
  • Options
    Agreed. Would be nice to have another option besides impossible (for my guild, and I'd guess many others) and incredibly long (we started our raid the day of release and just hit P3 two days ago!).
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD