Has any guild beat the normal raid yet?

Prev1
We are on day 6 and are only halfway through. We are a mix of ftp and a few small whales. Did they really design this raid to be completed by a regular guild in over a week?

Replies

• My guild is 70% of the way done!
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Look at the Tank raid leaderboard. Anyone with multiples of 75 (that aren't also multiples of 300) completed normal mode.
  • And ours just started P2 today ... I guess we're not good enough yet for this raid.
  • By my count, 35 guilds have completed heroic and 9 have completed normal. That's about the same numbers I got looking at it last night. Day 3.5
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Could be worse... Could get half thru a phase and have it reset the health

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/73578/tank-raid-health-glitch-why-god-why#latest
  • IDobaFett wrote: »
    By my count, 35 guilds have completed heroic and 9 have completed normal. That's about the same numbers I got looking at it last night. Day 3.5

Why are more completing the harder of the two? That seems backwards.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    IDobaFett wrote: »
    By my count, 35 guilds have completed heroic and 9 have completed normal. That's about the same numbers I got looking at it last night. Day 3.5

Because the harder one has lower health, so is generally actually easier.
  • Teague wrote: »

Heroic is both easier and harder. Once you have enough of a roster to complete heroic (same thing happened with the Rancor raid) it is way easier (lower health) and much better rewards. Only whale guilds (or whale guilds that pull in the top 50 players across all guilds) have the depth of roster to attempt the heroic Tank Takedown. Apparently there are at least 35 of them.

It's also a time issue. With the higher HP on the normal, it is taking that much longer to complete. By the end of the week we'll see those numbers shift to more normal completes as the top guilds (not 100% whale) are finally able to beat the normal raid.
  • Those who have completed normal tier, is because of a bug..which has been discussed over and over on reddit...

So if your guild has not affected by bug, it would on an average going to take 8-10 days easily.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Can anyone honestly give a real answer as to the logic for having that big of a discrepancy? Its the same problem with the T6 in rancor vs t7. T7 should have 2x the HP that it does. when we are all 85, this content will be played out again, way too soon.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

CG had their chance to fix all the problems with the rancor raid...nothing changed and they made something completely worse...I'm still in shock I think. I want to throw them a bone, but how could they think this is remotely healthy for the game?
  • I disagree. Why should tier 7 have 2x HP? Clearly their approach is intentional.

I think the raid tiers serve different purposes. Tier 6 is supposed to take a while, so people can practice different toons.
  • Ummm....that's 4x the HP in total.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    saule wrote: »
    I disagree. Why should tier 7 have 2x HP? Clearly their approach is intentional.

I think the raid tiers serve different purposes. Tier 6 is supposed to take a while, so people can practice different toons.

I assume that was for me. So you are ok with the approach of only the large guilds with 50 big rosters can complete a heroic raid, without strategy, only zerging but 95% of the players need to slowly slog through 4x the HP for less rewards, less frequently? As if to say the gap between the top 1-2% and the bottom 3-100% of guilds isn't big enough?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

this is a joke lmao good thing they took that extra 2 month delay to test and refine this new raid, I see that time was put to good use
  • 5 days in and we're just 50% on Phase 1. We're looking at 6 weeks to finish this thing. My guess is that by next week after no measurable progress there will only be about 10 or 15 of us that are actually still doing it. In other words, we'll be lucky to complete it by Christmas.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • I also have no idea how they think that a 6 star with Gear 8 could do anything in this. I am going in with 7 star maxed and modded characters at Gear 10 and 11 and hardly doing anything at all. Just ridiculous.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    saule wrote: »
    I disagree. Why should tier 7 have 2x HP? Clearly their approach is intentional.

I assume that was for me. So you are ok with the approach of only the large guilds with 50 big rosters can complete a heroic raid, without strategy, only zerging but 95% of the players need to slowly slog through 4x the HP for less rewards, less frequently? As if to say the gap between the top 1-2% and the bottom 3-100% of guilds isn't big enough?
    If your premises are all true, you have a point. Please link me to where you get your numbers.

Personally, I wonder if EA cares about f2p players at all. If their goal is to stay in business, it is well within their best interest to reward the whales. If I were a whale (I am not), I would be furious that f2p players compete with me at all. I may just take my disposable income elsewhere.

This reason is exactly why the p2p model is terrible for the video game insustry.

• I also have no idea how they think that a 6 star with Gear 8 could do anything in this. I am going in with 7 star maxed and modded characters at Gear 10 and 11 and hardly doing anything at all. Just ridiculous.
    My guild is around 50% done with P2 after 3 days. Most of us have one or two gear X toons. I agree that a gear viii target is bad. Maybe if you have just the right combination gear viii can do some damage. EA should definitely create one or two lower tiers if they care about f2p at all.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I think the problem is that the target for the required toons is off. Normal should have been lvl 80, G8, 6*, but Three dot mods. Then heroic should be set to something like lvl 83, G10, 7*, 5dot mods. Having heroic geared at higher levelled characters would have kept it relevant even at the end of the current lvl cap increase. And by gearing at 3dot mods to start would have toned it down a bit, as some folks are still not able to sim all the top tiers of the challenges due to the toons required.

Now saying that, I'm not sure that the current target for normal tier is correct. The best that anyone in my guild has scored on P2 is 460k. If the numbers above are correct, it would take 166 teams to clear P2 (76500000/460000 for those not mathematically inclined). So it would mean each member would need over 3 teams that could do that amount of damage (166/50 members in each guild). And that's if the 460k is the average that everyone can score (it's not...at least in my guild).

I don't have a problem with a challenge. And I don't mind having something to build toward. But this seems a bit more than a reach CURRENTLY. Of course, we all said similar things when the Rancor first came out as well.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    Of course, we all said similar things when the Rancor first came out as well.

Not true. I don't remember thinking anything similar, and a quick search of the forums for the week surrounding initial release, there were few such complaints. Of course there *were* complaints, but more about bugs than difficulty. Possibly because if a tier was too hard you could just do an easier one, and still participate while figuring it out.
  • IDobaFett
    237 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @evanbio Like you said, it is a challenge. I like that but don't like what I'm seeing as far as guild mergers, recruiting, etc.. My guild has placed in the top 20 to top 100 in the last 3 months. We only attempted the T7 Pit raid for the first time 2 months after that raid came out. I don't expect it to take us 2 months to attempt the Heroic Tank Takedown, but it might. We finished P2 on the normal TT early this morning so we're half way home (although from what I've heard it's an up hill trip from here).

That's just insane! We are on Day 3 of the normal AAT raid and we are almost done with Phase 1.

Some please tell me these other phases allow you to rack up damage faster than Phase 1 or I don't know how long our guild is going to be doing this raid! :'(
  • The difference between this and Rancor is that a guild can progress through tiers until you had a handful of guys that could carry T7. This is different. You either dump your Day One guild and join a whale guild or you stick with them and take a month to do T6 for the rest of your life. There is no progression. No method to this madness.
  • I have already gotten to the point of selecting my team and turning on auto and go off and do something else. get too frustrated and Angeles with watching the computer take turn after turn otherwise.

Ps CG/EA anger and or frustration is not an attribute you want people to say about an element of your game!?!

• KyloRey wrote: »

That's just insane! We are on Day 3 of the normal AAT raid and we are almost done with Phase 1.

Some please tell me these other phases allow you to rack up damage faster than Phase 1 or I don't know how long our guild is going to be doing this raid! :'(

P2 allows for some big numbers, but only with some really top level modded up teams. Also it has more than double the HP of P1. Enjoy!
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »

P2 allows for some big numbers, but only with some really top level modded up teams. Also it has more than double the HP of P1. Enjoy!

As an estimate, how many days did it take your guild to clear Phase 1 vs Phase 2? Just trying to figure out a time estimate.
  • My guild is almost at the point to do rancor tier 6, we can almost clear tier 5 in one day. But were still not even halfway through phase 1 on normal in the new raid. Its maddening. Even my jedi teamthat netted me yoda 7 star only does 70k damage.
  • Though my guild is not meta following, we clear T7 in less than 30min if it is free for all. Now we haven't even beaten grievous
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.