Wiggs + Rex? Leader?

Twin
527 posts Member
I am getting close to being able to put my Wiggs in my arena squad.

I already have 7* SunFac and Rex. Rex is my current go to leader.

Wondering if anyone uses Rex but not as a leader? Basically Rex vs Wedge in leadership.

Example:
Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Rex, and SunFac

While Wedge gives offense up and heal on critical hit... I still think even the 7% TM Rex gives all for each crit received might be better...

Or Wedge would be better if you have lots of speed mods already?

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Wedge gives TM on rebel critical hits, Rex gives to everyone, if I had Rex I have him lead over wedge.
  • RU486 wrote: »
    Wedge gives TM on rebel critical hits, Rex gives to everyone, if I had Rex I have him lead over wedge.

Rex gives turn meter when an ally gets critically hit. Wedge gives rebels turn meter when delivering a critical hit. So there is a difference. That being said, Rex lead impairs AOE teams, so that's a good thing.
  • Rex Lead, Ani, Fac, Wiggs.. :)
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »

Rex gives turn meter when an ally gets critically hit. Wedge gives rebels turn meter when delivering a critical hit. So there is a difference. That being said, Rex lead impairs AOE teams, so that's a good thing.
    Correct plus he gives TM when he dispells.

• DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I use Rex / SF / RG / JKA / Lando and always #1 in payout and never below #8.

May shard.

Just don't get obsessed with speed secondaries on mods.

If you have a mod with 900+ flat protection and 6+ speed, it's far better than a mod with +10 speed and no flat protection.

Same with critical chance, don't get too obsessed with it. Sometimes you give up on protection for speed/crit.chance and end up not bursting quick enough.

Pay attention to the flat numbers (flat offense / flat protection) on secondaries and you will see you can rank higher solely on these stats.
    Do or do not...
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Thanks guys...

Those that use Rex, Wiggs, SF... + JKA or Lando?

JKA vs Lando? Thoughts? Is it just who you have more developed? I suppose JKA wouldn't be as neutered by shoretropper etc.
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    JKA, because whenever your ally falls below 50% health he goes nuts and also his buff immunity is good. I am using JKA instead of Lando and holds good. Lando is good too though ;) don't forget Ani's O up and now O up is working on wiggs before they were not getting increase in damage from Ani's O up.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I run Wiggs Fac Shore and Rex. I run Wedge lead due to TM gain on the cannons and for offence gain. Rex is there to thank people for giving me a negative effect e.g. B2 or oppositions Wedge, neuter Palpy and I run him at 240 speed to get Shore and Fac quick off the mark. I've tried them both at lead and this is a personal preference.

It comes down to the speed of your team and who is going to protect you in the opening 'crits' you receive. Many people go for a Rex lead. Personally I prefer hitting harder in turn 1, and not being reliant on crits landing on me to boost some TM. Kinda doesn't help I run Shore as when crit immunity is up..

Xio
  • My current arena team is Rex (L) with Wedge, Biggs, Sun Fac, and Lando. Unfortunately I cannot take first at payout since I work during the last few hours and don't get off until exactly at payout but there isn't a team on my shard I can't beat and usually don't fall below top 10. I would prefer to have wedge lead instead of rex to get the offence boost but I fight several Droid teams everyday so Rex lead is basically a necessity since I don't have super speed mods