Ahsoka worth gearing now?

Prev1
I have the gear to take either Rey or Ahsoka from G8 to G9.

Rey might seem like a no brainer but I don't use either one in arena. I find both too vulnerable to losing their uniques.

I'm not too concerned with either really even though they are both 7* However with the new raid I need to beef up as many toons as possible.

So, anyone have both geared up? Did Ahsoka's buff make any real difference for her?

Also, difficulty in getting to G10 for either might make a difference as well.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I use Ahsoka in arena now, shes pretty decent. Not top tier yet, but solid enough to stick top 5 at payout.

Looking at the future stats though... Ahsoka gets a ton of extra power as we go towards level 85, and Rey gets nothing. If you are planning ahead, I think Ahsoka is actually going to outpace Rey. If you are looking at now, Rey is probably better.
  • Options
    I got both maxed. Both are not good for top tier. Even with the buffs and Anakin lead Ahsoka is terrible. Rey is one step ahead.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i borrowed medetec's ashoka@lvl 81 for LS hard battles and she crits from 15-20k on basic. i think she is a buy for any investors out there
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I use Ahsoka in arena now, shes pretty decent. Not top tier yet, but solid enough to stick top 5 at payout.

Looking at the future stats though... Ahsoka gets a ton of extra power as we go towards level 85, and Rey gets nothing. If you are planning ahead, I think Ahsoka is actually going to outpace Rey. If you are looking at now, Rey is probably better.

how did you mod ahsoka? I was wondering if it's worth it to put health primaries on her, instead of protection. I currently have 1 health primary + 1 health set for a whopping 2.4k extra health. Protection still seems the better choice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    This is slightly out of date, I added the mk7 Merr-Sonn to gear since the last sync but the mods should still be accurate.

https://swgoh.gg/u/medetec/collection/ahsoka-tano/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    This is slightly out of date, I added the mk7 Merr-Sonn to gear since the last sync but the mods should still be accurate.

https://swgoh.gg/u/medetec/collection/ahsoka-tano/

thnx, mine is roughly the same. I'm not impressed enough to actually use her in arena. But i'm optimistic, she might improve alot with the new gear ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    I use her in arena and I'm in 1st everyday. She hits hard for a Jedi, and you can get her crit chance into the 80's. Also a really good self heal, and she is useful in the new raid. Neither are ideal in arena, but aren't going to drag you down. Ahsoka is going to get a good amount of help relatively speaking with the new gear.

I've had her crit for 43.6k on her special. She does have O-up and +50% bonus because they are under 50% health. But it's still impressive. A kill shot almost every time vs someone under 50% health which is nice to have.

Ahsoka%2043k.gif?raw=1&_subject_uid=435933919&w=AAD1d6CxO4K3KqY-IWpHCG20R0VJzdqSlcOXM7GNz5cc5A&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3
  • Options
    I would max Rey out first. No question in my mind.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you already have JKA, and Ahsoka makes 5 for a Jedi team, I'd go for Ahsoka. If neither of those are true, Rey.

Why? My Rey did 176k damage in P2 of the raid today. My Ahsoka's damage was so poor I didn't even record it. For full disclosure, Rey is maxed, and Ahsoka is not plus doesn't have JKA.

EDIT: Curious about mods for Ahsoka. Should she get a speed arrow, or a crit avoidance arrow? She is one of very few toons I could see crit avoidance being useful on.That's what I'm currently using, but I have more needs for speed arrows than I have speed arrows. :)
  • Options
    She's pretty great now I can't lie, and like med said, she gets much better on the way to 85 and max gear. One thing holding back her arena viability imo is crit immunity being dispellable
  • Options
    @evanbio it's been a while since I used her in arena but I preferred accuracy on her. If not that then either crit avoidance or just straight offense.

If there are lots of Lando leads I suppose crit avoidance could be good but I had crit avoidance on 3 of 5 but ended up switching because it didn't seem to help all that much.

BTW, I ended up going with Ahsoka to G9. With the gear I already have I can get her to G10 by the end of the week. Rey would have been a hard slog to get past 9 and I'm already trying to gear Lando, Biggs, and Wedge. A easy gear 10 wins out for me, lol.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    If you already have JKA, and Ahsoka makes 5 for a Jedi team, I'd go for Ahsoka. If neither of those are true, Rey.

Why? My Rey did 176k damage in P2 of the raid today. My Ahsoka's damage was so poor I didn't even record it. For full disclosure, Rey is maxed, and Ahsoka is not plus doesn't have JKA.

EDIT: Curious about mods for Ahsoka. Should she get a speed arrow, or a crit avoidance arrow? She is one of very few toons I could see crit avoidance being useful on.That's what I'm currently using, but I have more needs for speed arrows than I have speed arrows. :)

With her Crit immunity buff with Ani I would go speed to stack with her unique
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I have Ahsoka 7* G8 and use her in the Arena with IGD lead. Her basic and counter is very useful and when she critically hits, she makes a lot of damage. Since the last update, she can heal 10% more on both Basic and Special. Even if she loses speed or health after hits, with the counter she's difficult to kill.

She's a mix between healer and dps for me. I've put 2 mods Crit bonus and 4 mods Health on her.
  • Options
    I have her max gear @L81 plus the Mk7 Merr Sonn and under Anakin she is great. No question.

Best thing is, under Anakin I can get rid of the crit avoidance arrow and use speed instead.

I am curious about some of the damage figures that are being thrown around up there though - 20k basic, 43k special? What?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I have her max gear @L81 plus the Mk7 Merr Sonn and under Anakin she is great. No question.

Best thing is, under Anakin I can get rid of the crit avoidance arrow and use speed instead.

I am curious about some of the damage figures that are being thrown around up there though - 20k basic, 43k special? What?

Maybe with Rancor door down and health lower than 50% on Rancor and JKA lead and, and, and ...
  • Options

I think you should always go speed arrow unless you have strong speed secondaries. I think 145 base speed is a good number. If you can get her base speed up to 145 using only secondaries then you should go crit avoidance arrow. Even if the mod on, there's still a chance of crits landing and her base speed is so horribly slow that she becomes completely useless unless you speed her up
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options

You can see it in the gif I posted...unless it didn't load.

I got the 43k with JKA lead, O up, and the 50% bonus she gets when the target is under 50% health (which IMO should have been changed to 100% health like Yoda's change was to account for protection). So yea, a couple of bonuses adding up, but nothing that you wouldn't see regularly with her and JKA on the same team together.
    Post edited by TyloRen on
  • Options
    I'm going to gear her up for fun. At g8 she hits decently hard. I'm sure she's much better at g10
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i geared her up to g10, 10-12k crits, got her on offence set, triangle crit damage primary and lots of speed secondaries
  • Options
    Well at gear 9 level 75 and a 1dot crit damage triangle plus a crit damage set bonus she can hit 19k with her special. That is with offense up and toon at 50% health.

Not terrible at all but with so many toons able to do even more damage right off the bat I have a hard time seeing how she will live long enough pull that kind of thing off consistently.

I must say, her starting the match with crit immunity would be a great way to make and opposing QGJ waste his Humbling Blow. That could be useful I suppose if I can manage to make my STHan just a hair slower than QGJ.

Anyways, I'm about 40 mk3 droid callers away from getting her to G10. I'll bring her up to level cap, and maybe even slap an omega on her and see how things pan out.
  • Options
    Question: Isnt Aayla basically a better alternative?
  • Options
    vector6000 wrote: »

Nah they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, and come from different sources.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    vector6000 wrote: »

If you are looking for a female jedi...I'd say yes, but the gap has closed some.

Aayla has a ton of utility, stun on critical hit, assist on basic, counter chance, self heal on special. But Ahsoka has a higher base damage, can heal the team as well, and has a huge amount of self healing on her basic. I think Ahsoka also gains a lot from the cap increase and the gear that can now be added.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Until someone tries her out maxed with all the new gear, no one can say for sure if she's arena viable. Looking at the new gear boosts, however, I strongly suspect that she will be arena viable with Ani lead.
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    When kenobi comes she'll be a monster. With him leading there'll be a party on the first turn
  • Options
    G10 snips w crit dam & crit chance mod set (mediocre mods only), hits hard but isvery squishy! If u already have here somewhat geared and lvl'd, then yes, shes good to have as backup! But grinding her out from nothing: not wortg it imo
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i found her very easy to gear, last sat she was g8.
  • Options

If you have Anakin with her then crit avoidance is worthless because she will have crit immunity anyway.
  • Options
    she's worth it very easy to gear from 9 to 10
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    She's not so squishy now. Basic health is up to 16k compared to QGJ 15k. I run a Jedi counter team with IGD, QGJ, Ahsoka, Kit and Lumi, and she's OK.

Now, in arena, the AI has a strong tendency to focus on her first (at least in this team).