Guilds are dying. Thanks!

Prev1
7AnimalMother
2053 posts Member
edited October 2016
Dear EA,

I like my guild. The people are friendly. We communicate frequently using Line (because your in game chat is horrible). We chat about the game, sports, life, etc. The guild is one of the main reasons I have so much fun in this game.

I also like to advance in the game. I PAY to advance in this game (even though I recognize this game is one of the worst possible values for my money this side of Movie popcorn).

Soooooo, why are you making me choose between the two with this new joke of a raid that top guild conglomerates even have to guild hop to beat?

At least I have a choice. Since I put a sad amount of money into this game, I have 48 7* and 30 of those are fully geared and modded.

I feel really bad for ftp and modest spenders. When all the whales and dolphins in their respective guilds decide to jump ship and combine in order to keep advancing, the ftp and modest spenders will be relegated to t6 for life. A loong, booring life where a hundredth of a percent comes off of GG for a Biggs assist attack.

I get that .5% of your player base dictates your development decisions with their wallets. And I get that you need to give those people a challenge.

Therefore, instead of nerfing raid difficulty, I propose that you allow Guild Alliances. Basically create a way to allow two or more guilds to team up to jointly work a raid. This is basically what is happening anyway with all the guild hopping. Why not just make it official and save many guilds from abandonment?

Post edited by 7AnimalMother on

Replies

• Options
    *sees title* So do I ;)
  • Options
    Same with my guild, we're small but fun. They are loyal and helpful. I have never seen a cross word or argument, ever. Oh we're had our share of farmers, jumping around. Meh..
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    That's an interesting thought. What if you could cooperatively play raids with up to 2 other guilds, and rewards were based on total guild damage instead of individual. By that I mean the guild that contributed the most gets a better set of rewards for the entire guild. I'm going to jut call rewards "portions" instead of trying to break them down into the components. For example, in a 3 guild scenario - 1st place gets 7 portions, 2nd gets 6 portions, 3rd gets 5 portions. If you can do the raid with 2 guilds, 1st gets 8 portions, second gets 7 portions. If your guild can solo the raid, your whole guild gets 10 portions.

This allows guilds to cooperate to tackle difficult content, but still rewards guilds that have the ability to go it alone. It also removes the guild infighting for rewards while still providing a competitive incentive for performance.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    That's an interesting thought. What if you could cooperatively play raids with up to 2 other guilds, and rewards were based on total guild damage instead of individual. By that I mean the guild that contributed the most gets a better set of rewards for the entire guild. I'm going to jut call rewards "portions" instead of trying to break them down into the components. For example, in a 3 guild scenario - 1st place gets 7 portions, 2nd gets 6 portions, 3rd gets 5 portions. If you can do the raid with 2 guilds, 1st gets 8 portions, second gets 7 portions. If your guild can solo the raid, your whole guild gets 10 portions.

This allows guilds to cooperate to tackle difficult content, but still rewards guilds that have the ability to go it alone. It also removes the guild infighting for rewards while still providing a competitive incentive for performance.

I like it. Allows two or more relatively equal guilds to compete for bragging rights as well. Heck maybe this Raid should have been billed as a guild competition all along....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i like the co-op idea. Mainly because I don't care much for hopping either, simply because it's too much effort.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

this makes far too much sense, which is why it will never happen
  • Options
    By that I mean the guild that contributed the most gets a better set of rewards for the entire guild. I'm going to jut call rewards "portions" instead of trying to break them down into the components. For example, in a 3 guild scenario - 1st place gets 7 portions, 2nd gets 6 portions, 3rd gets 5 portions. If you can do the raid with 2 guilds, 1st gets 8 portions, second gets 7 portions. If your guild can solo the raid, your whole guild gets 10 portions.
    Hmm, so what you're saying is, if four guilds each contributed the same amount of damage, each would receive...one quarter portion?

• Options
    Terrific post OP. Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    I don't like people in my guild.
    In my guild we are just me and my alt :smile:

I decided that I am not interested of ATT raid - it is too difficult for me - so I don't care
    that's why I don't care of problems of guild hopping.
    BUT I cannot understand why you people put some moral limit which is honorable and which is not.
    This is a game - there are rules - if game allows it - do it.
    it is same in real life - what if you get bigger salary than you friends - you got choice - to go to expensive restaurant with people you don't like or to go to cheaper with your friends.
    and this choice is not a matter of calculation - it is a matter of feeling
    you like your guild - you have fun - what more you want from a game ?!?
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Or they could just create a T4 and T5 version of this, double Kenobi shards in T7 and give current T7 Kenobi shards to T6 and also hand out a Kenobi shard to the T4 and T5 people so they can still see progress even if it means grinding for a year just to get him to 3 stars.
    Post edited by MarsAmbassador69 on
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Great post. Not sure the solution is the best but the earlier points are spot on.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    pargame wrote: »
    1. BUT I cannot understand why you people put some moral limit which is honorable and which is not.

2. it is same in real life - what if you get bigger salary than you friends - you got choice - to go to expensive restaurant with people you don't like or to go to cheaper with your friends.

3. you like your guild - you have fun - what more you want from a game ?!?

1. I never made any statements about something being "honorable" or not in my post so not sure what you mean.

2. It's not the same in "real life". In real life, I can do both. I can go eat at the expensive restaurant for lunch with my wealthy friends and then go to the cheap one with my poor friends at dinner.

3. You didn't read my post. I want to advance and have fun at the same time ;)

• Options
    Awesome idea. It would allow for guilds to work cooperatively and bring more of the community together! +1 great post.
  • Options
    They don't need to nerf the new raid, they just need to include a tier that isn't going to take six months to complete. Make it easy, but make the rewards suck. We still will do it, just to test different teams and make a little bit of progress until we can actually take on normal, or probably just skip that and go straight to hard.

Right now, normal is nearly impossible to see progress and takes forever to play, even on auto. Meanwhile, the new currency is maxed because we can't clear it fast enough, and so we might as well not be playing it at all.

When your user base has to decide between completing a feature or not doing it at all, you have messed up the development of that feature, plain and simple, and it should be addressed. If others are enjoying it, great! Leave them be, and make something that we mere mortals would like to play.
  • Options
    Just wanted to thank EA once again as more and more people are poached by the conglomeration guilds.
  • Options
    They don't need to nerf the new raid, they just need to include a tier that isn't going to take six months to complete. Make it easy, but make the rewards suck. We still will do it, just to test different teams and make a little bit of progress until we can actually take on normal, or probably just skip that and go straight to hard.

Right now, normal is nearly impossible to see progress and takes forever to play, even on auto. Meanwhile, the new currency is maxed because we can't clear it fast enough, and so we might as well not be playing it at all.

When your user base has to decide between completing a feature or not doing it at all, you have messed up the development of that feature, plain and simple, and it should be addressed. If others are enjoying it, great! Leave them be, and make something that we mere mortals would like to play.

This^
    With the raid having been delayed for this long, then it drops and pretty much the entire player base can't beat the first phase, I have to wonder what they were thinking? While yes, whales keep this game funded, I still don't see why this raid was catered right to them. I'm not saying the raid should be cake, I enjoy a challenge. However this isn't that, the raid on normal is a bloodbath for anyone that hasn't thrown a bank account at the game. I can't imagine what horrors the heroic tier holds. My guild has been running the same tank raid since it dropped, on normal difficulty, and we are only at about 40% GeneralG health left on phase one.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

+1 Agree completely... I would even add that I think they should do something similar for most of the restricted events.

I think most events should have an "any character" tier that pays out something, preferably something for that event. Credit Heist would give smaller amount of credits but maybe 5 random scoundrel shards. This wouldn't really hurt the economy because 5-10 shards a week isn't imo "too fast" a grind.

One of the most frustrating parts as a recent new player was to have most of the content locked away for a long while, I paid serious $$$$ to get the characters just to participate in the tier I events.

If they would think a little more about the tiers, requirements and rewards they could make a system where multiple levels of players could participate AND get rewards that are useful.

Getting rewards slower by a lower level guild is fine by me its the complete blackout (or so slow it might as well be) that is frustrating.
  • Options
    When the Rancor raids started getting beaten in 30 mins by pretty much every f2p guild, it was 'whales are done they can't find guild now'. Which was false. Now f2p are 'done'. This will also be false i predict. Sure Gen Kenobi is nice, but spending time outside of the game to try to find a strong guild? Nah!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

Lol they can even get it right for one one guild let alone a few guilds working together, I like the idea but they have like $100 a year budget for coding and other things.
  • Options
    Or they could just create a T4 and T5 version of this, double Kenobi shards in T7 and give current T7 Kenobi shards to T6 and also hand out a Kenobi shard to the T4 and T5 people so they can still see progress even if it means grinding for a year just to get him to 6 stars.

Yeah, they really just need to create a couple more tiers and add a little more Kenobi shards to the Heroic and reduced Kenobi shard payouts to like Tier 5 and 6.

Let their be progression for less powerful guilds.

On top of that, tune down the normal AAT a bit so that it doesn't take so long to complete. Maybe reduce overall health by like 30%. Its too much of a chore.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Or they could just create a T4 and T5 version of this, double Kenobi shards in T7 and give current T7 Kenobi shards to T6 and also hand out a Kenobi shard to the T4 and T5 people so they can still see progress even if it means grinding for a year just to get him to 6 stars.

Yeah, they really just need to create a couple more tiers and add a little more Kenobi shards to the Heroic and reduced Kenobi shard payouts to like Tier 5 and 6.

On top of that, tune down the normal AAT a bit so that it doesn't take so long to complete. Maybe reduce overall health by like 30%. Its too much of a chore.

I'm seeing this suggestion a lot. While I don't disagree with it, I doubt it will happen as described.

We will be fortunate if they add lower tiers, I definitely don't expect to see Kenobi shards added to lower tiers.

Some gear is about the best we could hope for, so that we can finish the tier 5 raid and use the gear earned to get ourselves to a point where we can now do tier 6 raids, where we will get more/better gear to get ourselves to rancor where we can earn kenobi shards.

I think asking for kenobi shards to be added to lower tiers might just lead to the whole suggestion being ignored. Or at least set ourselves up for disappointment.
  • Options
    Yeap, we have our guild broken too. Worse, we cannot find any replacement:/
  • Options
    You're tearing me apart, Lisa!
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CG, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow.
  • Options
    Being able to team up with another guild for the tank raid would be very helpful. I lead a mostly full guild and we are primarily f2p and there are certainly no whales among us. That being said we launched the base tier for the raid and we haven't passed grievous yet. We can do t7 rancor in less than 24 hours, the new raid is really nearly impossible for us. I don't even care about the Kenobi shards, although he looks awesome, what I really want is the gear. If the highest tier is impossible for f2p guilds then fine I can live with that, but it's brutal that a t7 guild can't get out of p1 of the new raid after almost a week, we're sick of watching our squads get destroyed for maybe 1% damage.
  • Options

I like it. Allows two or more relatively equal guilds to compete for bragging rights as well. Heck maybe this Raid should have been billed as a guild competition all along....

+1
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »

I'm seeing this suggestion a lot. While I don't disagree with it, I doubt it will happen as described.

We will be fortunate if they add lower tiers, I definitely don't expect to see Kenobi shards added to lower tiers.

Some gear is about the best we could hope for, so that we can finish the tier 5 raid and use the gear earned to get ourselves to a point where we can now do tier 6 raids, where we will get more/better gear to get ourselves to rancor where we can earn kenobi shards.

I think asking for kenobi shards to be added to lower tiers might just lead to the whole suggestion being ignored. Or at least set ourselves up for disappointment.

Yeah, maybe just add a couple tiers with gold gear as rewards. But also tune down the Tier 6 AAT raid. Too much health in it. The raids need to be able to be completed within a reasonable amount of time for guilds that are like Top 200.

• Options
    i find this is a bit bit like a 2 slide sword. Yeah many people Hope around to guild understandable. You have to set a standard for your guild who can Join and have the fun, Example my Guild since i took over Raid officer, we have 42 Players that are acctiv in the Guild and are ready for AAT Heroic. (35 Chars minimum maxed), the rest 6 -8 we invite from friendly guilds(you know who), And yeah we let outsider join our Guild, they have two options do the raid with us and return or if they like they can Stay. Naja most stay, but some are lets morale loyal :) and return. What i am saying its, every Players can do what they want, it its their choice. A Guild does dies only when 1, No Leadership 2. No help and advise 3. No set of standard . People will feel like they dont want to play and leave ot stop the game. I dont think it has anything to do with Raid and it difficulty. A Guild should see what they can do and what they cant do and build on that. Not think man..... AAT heroic is so hard...... and complain that you guys want to make it easier or have 1- 6 trer....... Come on the Idea in itself its stupid. i believe the normal AAT mode its quite good enough for everyone, and the heroic mode its for the best of the best, and not for people that just playfor fun.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

I can't help but think that in 4 months everyone will be looking back and laughing at how hard the aat raid Used to be...

Patience is key to keeping your sanity playing this game. It's meant to take awhile to progress, whether that's with getting 1 erg shard per day or slowly building 5 teams to take on heroic aat.

I'm willing to be patient with this raid but the problem is a lot of my guild is made up of Level 81 players who are F2P and more casual players and not enthused with having this new raid looking like it will last 2 weeks when the Heroic Rancor raid is so easy for us.

On top of that, its hard for F2P players to all of a sudden build up Jawas and Jedis for this new raid.

I actually enjoy the challenge, but a lot of that joy is because its new. Not sure I want to do 2 week raids on a continual basis.