Well, I waited a little bit...

So yesterday I got a download on login of 11 mb. I had assumed there was new content but saw nothing new. No CG post about an update either. Is this just preloaded for Thursday?
IGN: Malmsteen's Comet

Replies

• Options
    hopefully!
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    So yesterday I got a download on login of 11 mb. I had assumed there was new content but saw nothing new. No CG post about an update either. Is this just preloaded for Thursday?

Thursday?
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options

That happens all the time. Not an indication of a patch one way or the other.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    I too did see that some form of data was coming in as the loading bars were visible. My thoughts were that they were patching something, wish I could see minor updates in the noted in the updates section. My belief is that transparency would be a good thing!!!
  • Options
    Rheen wrote: »

That happens all the time. Not an indication of a patch one way or the other.

I get that, but something was downloaded. If not a patch or content then what? The files have to have some purpose.
  • Options
    I too did see that some form of data was coming in as the loading bars were visible. My thoughts were that they were patching something, wish I could see minor updates in the noted in the updates section. My belief is that transparency would be a good thing!!!

Probably patching the ai proc rate boosts with certain things that many people mention. This way, that member who does his experiments can confirm the rate happening like how the game says it should and try and imply people who see something with their own eyes are wrong.

I've noticed that some issues with proc rates that used to happen all the time (or my characters not triggering as much as they should) not happening that much recently which makes me think they have tweaked some stuff which I appreciate.

The only real proc rate issue I still have is the AI Daka's 10% teammate revive. Happens almost every match. Boba's self revive can also be a bit much. Had a match recently where he revived 3 consecutive times. Neither of those have factored into me losing or being put in a bad spot but still a bit silly.
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »

Probably patching the ai proc rate boosts with certain things that many people mention. This way, that member who does his experiments can confirm the rate happening like how the game says it should and try and imply people who see something with their own eyes are wrong.

I've noticed that some issues with proc rates that used to happen all the time (or my characters not triggering as much as they should) not happening that much recently which makes me think they have tweaked some stuff which I appreciate.

The only real proc rate issue I still have is the AI Daka's 10% teammate revive. Happens almost every match. Boba's self revive can also be a bit much. Had a match recently where he revived 3 consecutive times. Neither of those have factored into me losing or being put in a bad spot but still a bit silly.

Proc rates should be server side, and wouldn't require an update.