Double attack bug

Note...I am not talking about Phasma led teams, or Dooku.

Yesterday in GW, Talia did her heal, then immediately attacked my Sid, who's turn meter was nearly full. Today in Arena, the opponents Sid launched his Aoe, then again immediately attacked with his main. Ahead of my Sid, who is fully starred gear 8 and whos turn meter was nearly full.

Anyone else run into this?

Replies

• Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sid has a chance to refill turn meter on kill.
    Talia does the same on heal.

This can lead to both chars getting 2 turns in a row. Sid can get 50% turn meter on a kill so with killing 2 chars and having rng luck he would always get 2nd turn if none of your chars has a full meter as well.
  • Except Sid didn't get a kill...i didn't know about Talia though thank you.
  • I thought Talia just gained turn meter....not full turn
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought Talia just gained turn meter....not full turn

At max skill level her skill has the 40% chance to give her 25% turn meter. If all other chars are equal or below 25% as well this can lead to talia getting next turn first making it seem like she attacked 2 times in one round.
  • Merilon wrote: »

At max skill level her skill has the 40% chance to give her 25% turn meter. If all other chars are equal or below 25% as well this can lead to talia getting next turn first making it seem like she attacked 2 times in one round.

Except she wasn't. Not even close in fact. It's much like the bug where stunned opponents can leave stun and immediately attack.
  • Merilon wrote: »

Except she wasn't. Not even close in fact. It's much like the bug where stunned opponents can leave stun and immediately attack.

Except, that's not a bug, either. It's the result of stuns (any 1-round debuff, actually) being dealt from a counter-attack (Aayla, Dooku). The attacking character's phase doesn't end until after the counter-attacking character has attacked and applied debuffs; so when their turn-phase ends, one-round duration debuffs immediately fall off. Yet to be confirmed officially, but appears to be working as intended.

As for Tallia getting 2 back-to-back turns (with the first round being a heal), not likely to happen unless she's in a team led by Ventress (speed boost for night sisters), or some other means of reducing your team's speed or turn-meter (I.E. Slow, or presence of turn-meter modifying heroes).

Either way, your entire BUG claim lacks plenty of details since you only mention 2 units (Tallia and Sideous). Which alone isn't enough to explain what may have truly happened.
  • Except it wasn't a Ventress led team with Talia...it was a Sid. And there were no stuns and no Dooku with Sid. And maybe I did not provide enough details true... But you can take your BUG comment and shove it
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Oh yeah, I am seeing this on a daily basis now with different characters.

Example from yesterday:

JC attacked my Dooku with a regular attack, Dooku countered, stunned him, and the stun instantly went away because it seemed to act like JC had a consecutive turn coming up. Nobody else on the AI team was alive nor was there some lasting leader ability or skill that would make that happen.

I've seen the above with the stun disappearing happen with JC, Lumi and a couple other characters right after they had their turn and got stunned.

I just did an arena match where Fives shot two of my characters in a row and it was NOT him countering and was just his regular attack. He was by himself, Sid was the former leader and there was nothing to have made that possible. I had Sid, Dooku, Poggle and my own Fives alive (all top geared) when he did that and there weren't any speed down effects on my guys.

There is clearly a bug with occasional double attacks from the AI and it is clearly a bug rather than some logical answer to it which I am sure some defenders will refuse to accept since they act like the app is flawless in its AI/code/programming.
    Post edited by shimmy on
  • Just happened again. Phasma led team, with JC Ventress, Sid, Talia. Phasma and Sid were dead. Ventress launched her endless wrath, then immediately launched an attack with her main. And this is the slowest toon in the game. My team was Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, and Kylo.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just happened again. Phasma led team, with JC Ventress, Sid, Talia. Phasma and Sid were dead. Ventress launched her endless wrath, then immediately launched an attack with her main. And this is the slowest toon in the game. My team was Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, and Kylo.

How many characters did she kill with her AoE? Or how close was she to full turn-meter before others started dying?

Yes, Ventress is the slowest hero. But her 5th skill is a passive called "rampage" that gives her a chance to gain turn-meter on any character death, in addition to offense up and armor penetration - this is what ends up getting Ventress the bulk of her turns, and it's similar to Sideous's Sadistic Glee for turn-jumping behavior.

And there are many characters that can "jump turns" like this.

Honestly, all I mean to say is that people should seek out "how" or "why" something like a turn-jump happens (for which there are MANY possibilities in this game) before they go around claiming that it has to be a hack or a bug.
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    Just happened again. Phasma led team, with JC Ventress, Sid, Talia. Phasma and Sid were dead. Ventress launched her endless wrath, then immediately launched an attack with her main. And this is the slowest toon in the game. My team was Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, and Kylo.

How many characters did she kill with her AoE? Or how close was she to full turn-meter before others started dying?

Yes, Ventress is the slowest hero. But her 5th skill is a passive called "rampage" that gives her a chance to gain turn-meter on any character death, in addition to offense up and armor penetration - this is what ends up getting Ventress the bulk of her turns, and it's similar to Sideous's Sadistic Glee for turn-jumping behavior.

Honestly, all I mean to say is that people should seek out "how" or "why" something like a turn-jump happens (for which there are MANY possibilities in this game) before they go around claiming that it has to be a hack or a bug.

None. And even with turn up my Sid's turn meter was nearly full before her first attack, as well as Dooku.
  • Crymsonkyng
    789 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SinnerWill wrote: »

Not to mention she did not have the advantage meter. She did have Offense up...I'm not a total noob either....I have and have used Ventress myself. I stopped until she's fixed.
  • Anybody else see the humor in this thread?
  • I thought Talia just gained turn meter....not full turn

Yes, mine gains 25% turn meter on level 3 of her healing spell. I can imagine it gets even better at level 6, sort of like HK47s use of the bomb, which an upgraded HK47 gets 100% turn meter after use of the bomb. I don't have HK47, but I've been able to do it borrowing a hero in dark side missions.
  • Crazy8s wrote: »

Yes, mine gains 25% turn meter on level 3 of her healing spell. I can imagine it gets even better at level 6, sort of like HK47s use of the bomb, which an upgraded HK47 gets 100% turn meter after use of the bomb. I don't have HK47, but I've been able to do it borrowing a hero in dark side missions.

HK's instant turn-meter comes by way of his leader ability, actually (droids gain x% crit chance; and eventually with upgrades, droids gain y% turn-meter when they crit). The bomb is AoE, so it's the source of him getting full turn-meter via multiple crits. Doesn't matter what level it is.

@Crymsonkyng, As for what happened to let Ventress jump a turn, however, I can't say I have the foggiest clue, then. I'd need to see what all happened leading up to it.
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    Crazy8s wrote: »

HK's instant turn-meter comes by way of his leader ability, actually (droids gain x% crit chance; and eventually with upgrades, droids gain y% turn-meter when they crit). The bomb is AoE, so it's the source of him getting full turn-meter via multiple crits. Doesn't matter what level it is.

@Crymsonkyng, As for what happened to let Ventress jump a turn, however, I can't say I have the foggiest clue, then. I'd need to see what all happened leading up to it.

I have only seen this happen recently. Can't say it was the levels, because two happened in GW, one opponent was lvl 59, the other was 61 I think. There hasn't been a client side update in a while though, so idk.